Any week in June better (crowd-wise) than any other?

4401DisneyMom

Historically, we have always been lucky enough to take the kids out of school during lower-crowd times for our WDW vacations; however, with our oldest now in high school, that is no longer an option. So, I am planning our first summer trip and don't know if it will make much of a difference if I book the week of 6/8/14 or the week of 6/15/14. If we go the week of 6/15, we could celebrate a 13th birthday while there but if the crowd level is significantly higher, maybe we just celebrate early. Any input is greatly appreciated. Let me say, I have looked at crowd calendars and the difference seems negligible -- but, when we went last in October of 2011, all the crowd calendars were way off so am looking for advice from those of you who are summer veterans!

Figgy1

Premium Member
The earlier the better. Some schools are still in session until around the second week of June making the first and second week a little better than the third and fourth. It is not much better, but if you have the option use it.
What he said! We usually get there about the 8th or so and the crowds seem to build almost daily. Don't despair because the more crowded the parks the longer the park hours, we enjoyed a few midnight closings. We also enjoy SWW at that time of year.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

The earlier in June the better. We were there 6/11-6/23 this past June and will say I was pleasantly surprised how mangable the crowds were at that time, but as the week went on, I could definitely tell the crowds were starting to grow.

Upvote 0

ctosh

our last 2 trips were in June.. we were there the 1st 2 weeks this year and by the time we left its was crazy busy.. I agree the earlier the better

Upvote 0

Disney Shib

That's what I thought so thank you for confirming. One more question from a summer novice ... will a stay during this timeframe spare us from the dreaded tour groups I have read about?

I noticed this past July that these group tours were far heavier then they were when I was there in June of 2012. I'd aim for as early as possible.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom