Any way to test if Magic Bands still work?

PSM

I haven't been to Disney World in about two years, and the Magic Bands I have are likely a year or two older than that.

Is there any way to test if they still work other than showing up at a park with them? I don't want to miss the pre-trip prices they offer through MyExperience if I need to buy a couple for me and my son, but I also don't want to buy them at all if I don't have to.

nickys

Premium Member
I haven't been to Disney World in about two years, and the Magic Bands I have are likely a year or two older than that.

Is there any way to test if they still work other than showing up at a park with them? I don't want to miss the pre-trip prices they offer through MyExperience if I need to buy a couple for me and my son, but I also don't want to buy them at all if I don't have to.
If they show in MDE as active then they will work as a room key, entry to parks, LL rides etc. The only thing they might not do is automatically give you ride photos and videos, plus those interactive touches at rides like Star Tours and HM.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

If you have special bands that you like, your best bet is to buy the cheap pre-arrival solid colors, then use a small screwdriver to pop the Mickey Icon (the center puck) with the fresh battery into your existing band. You can also mix and match colors this way.

20210926_100729.jpg

As @nickys said, the old bands should work "forever" at touch points, even if the battery for long-range features is dead.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom