Any Ride Ideas?

Turtle

Lion King Dark Ride In Animal Kingdom

You board a "safari" (No Skipper, No Audio Track) and you go through the story of The Lion King

The scenes could be: Circle of Life, Everything you own is your land, elephant graveyard, the kings of the past are the stars, Mufasa falling off the ledge and dying, Timon and Pumbaa rescuing Simba, Hakuna Matata, Looking at the puddle and seeing Mufasa, and Fighting back for the pride lands.

comics101

Lion King Dark Ride In Animal Kingdom

You board a "safari" (No Skipper, No Audio Track) and you go through the story of The Lion King

The scenes could be: Circle of Life, Everything you own is your land, elephant graveyard, the kings of the past are the stars, Mufasa falling off the ledge and dying, Timon and Pumbaa rescuing Simba, Hakuna Matata, Looking at the puddle and seeing Mufasa, and Fighting back for the pride lands.

What if we take that idea and expand it into an entire Lion King land to replace Rafiki's Planet Watch. The centerpiece of the land would be pride rock, with Festival of the Lion King being moved inside. There'd be the Lion King dark ride, and then maybe off to the side would be an Elephant Graveyard roller coaster. It needs a little more development, but I think it would make a nice addition to DAK and Africa.

Turtle

What if we take that idea and expand it into an entire Lion King land to replace Rafiki's Planet Watch. The centerpiece of the land would be pride rock, with Festival of the Lion King being moved inside. There'd be the Lion King dark ride, and then maybe off to the side would be an Elephant Graveyard roller coaster. It needs a little more development, but I think it would make a nice addition to DAK and Africa.

I like it but the Elephant Graveyard ride shouldn't be another coaster (Everest and Primeval Whirl) but maybe something else. Like a chairswing?

Maybe something like this? http://www.google.com/imgres?q=top+...80&start=15&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:15,i:122

Or maybe something like this? http://www.google.com/imgres?q=top+...34&tbnw=179&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:115,i:56
But only 30 feet in the air above the graveyard and the hyenas running around.

Turtle

So A Lion King Land Can Be At Disney's Animal Kingdom. In the back of the park or Camp Minnie Mickey. The major landmark can be Pride Rock.

With 4 Attractions:
1. The Lion King Untitled Dark Ride - Go through the story of the lion king. (E-Ticket)

2. Hyena Hysteria - Spin around on a thrilling chase in the elephant graveyard (D-Ticket)

3. Untitled Timon And Pumbaa Trek - Go through a little trek through Timon and Pumbaa's paradise with Timon and Pumbaa on your jeep screen narrating. Can include some real life animals that fit in the scenery. (D-Ticket)

Entertainment:
The Festival Of The Lion King - The show moved inside a Pride Rock landmark.

Lion King Meet and Greets - Meet and Greets with Timon, Pumbaa, Simba, Nala and Rafiki.

Dining:
1. Timon and Pumbaa's Organic Oasis - A restaurant with all-natural foods like how in the movie they had no meat.

2. Untitled Lion Restaurant - A carnivorous delight with meals hunted from the lions.

Shopping:
Untitled Shop on outside of dark ride - A shop with Lion King souvenirs.

HanaImakura

:d

I like this idea! As for my own idea, when I was in 5th grade, I used to day-dream about a Lilo & Stitch dark ride... Something that makes you feel like you're surfing on a wave the entire time, where you can hear "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" or "He Mele No Lilo" playing. Or... Instead of a dark ride, why not open up a Lilo & Stitch luau? :D ("Luau" meaning something like an out-door Hawaiian restaurant with dancers and stuff like the place Nani worked at in Lilo & Stitch 1.)

Or... It would be nice to have a year-round The Nightmare Before Christmas attraction, even if its small. I just don't know where they'd put it though, considering its a holiday themed movie...

<3DisneyBBOH

Original Poster
I like both of those too. When i was a kid i loved Lilo and Stitch!
Hearing ideas are soo fun for me to listen to i love to imagine what a ride would be like.:sohappy::D:D:sohappy:

goofy donald

I like this idea! As for my own idea, when I was in 5th grade, I used to day-dream about a Lilo & Stitch dark ride... Something that makes you feel like you're surfing on a wave the entire time, where you can hear "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" or "He Mele No Lilo" playing. Or... Instead of a dark ride, why not open up a Lilo & Stitch luau? :D ("Luau" meaning something like an out-door Hawaiian restaurant with dancers and stuff like the place Nani worked at in Lilo & Stitch 1.) .

I like this too the problem is where do you put it? it dosen't fit any of the lands in the park at all. too bad really.

Omegadiz

<<<<<<<<<<<<<ANIMAL KINGDOM>>>>>>>>>>
  • Replace half of the Camp Minnie-Mickey area, with a Land themed to forests.
    • Pocahontas and Brother Bear properties would make a home there. You would have Keni's (excuse my spelling) mystical cave and trails that were formerly at DCA.
    • A dark ride based on Meeko's mischevious exploits would be located in this land where it shows him getting into all kinds of trouble with other animals of the forest and Pocahotas saving him in the end. If not that idea, then a dark ride based on "Color's of the Wind."
    • another attraction would be a little river in wich guest can learn to use canoes and see the sights around the river.
  • The other half of Camp Minnie Mickey can be based on the Rain Forest where you would have the rain forest cafe
  • Africa/Jungle
    • Lion King land was gold, but I would also like something themed to Tarzan as well. Maybe bring another Tarzan show that is a bit less of a stunt show and a little more based on the story.
  • Replace Dinoland USA with a land themed to extinct animals.
    • Small interactive Museum for the intelectuals
    • A dark ride based on the "Ice Age" (you would have be be picky about the animals portrayed in order make sure it cant be related to Fox's film series)
    • The Dumbo spinner can stay so long as each vehicle has a different flying extinct animal
    • Dinosaur remains basically untouched in the back of the land
  • Asia
    • some form of Jungle Book attration. As a stretch, you could include the Theater in Asia so maybe replace Nemo with a dark ride based on the Jungle Book

Omegadiz

<<<<<EPCOT>>>>>

• Wonders Of Life Pavillion
    • make the entire pavillion based on future possibilities of medical science (they are aloud to be just a little "out there so ther dont have to be updates as often")
    • The main attraction would be A ride based on shrinking technology that alows you to travel in a sub through a persons body. The ride can either be a simulator, or an actual dark ride with the sub having 6 degrees of motion (think Spiderman vehicles on a larger scale) The ride has to be a serious as possible so that it no way associate with Honey I shrunk the Kids. The Speed of the ride will change so it would be a solid D-ticket. It may also have warning telling those who get disgusted easily shouldnt ride. it would shar similaties with its predicesor Body Wars
  • Energy Pavillion
    • Will be expanded to include that roller coaster based on Magnetism that was originally planed for Discovery Bay
    • A Dark Ride based on all the different kinds of Energy humans have used in the past, present, and hopefully future.
  • The Land Pavilion
    • Storm Rider from Tokyo Disneysea would be added (maybe an expansion of the pavillion to have a wing about climate)
    • Make the inside of the pavillion appear climate controlled.
    • Living with the Land would feature "hints" making it feel like it has a connection to DAK and it's conservation efforts. (I think interpark comunication is cool. even if it doenst actually communicate. like all the space mountains)
  • Imagination Pavillion
    • Give Phineas and Ferb a Perminant home there. Although it is a kid Television series and most would argue they belong in the studios, the show is more than that. it inspires creativivty and imagination that can be there even when the show ends. After the show 30 years from now you can make them appear like Park Exclusive characters like Figment.
    • Update Journey into the Imagination, Rid of Captain EO.
    • EO will not be forgotten as he will be mentioned in whatever Phineas and Ferb Attractions come along
  • Mission Space
    • Make the area an actual pavillion by adding an Observatory
    • Give each of the Mission Space simulators different and random Missions.
      • One going to the Space Station (ties in with WS)
      • One to each different Planet
    • And a lunar rover attraction. Basically autopia on the moon

• Test Track
The Pavillion becomes a Pavillion once more. It will be based on Vehicles. The building will be expanded in the front so that it goes over the monorail track. This would serve so that the guest can see the monorail go by right outside the windo as it does deal with vehicles. There will also be an Air Traffic Control tower aded just for the facade. Test track will be the same just with the updated show scenes that are coming.
    • There will be a suspended coaster (dare i call it that) It would be attatched to a single beamed track at the top and the the car will be a a small revolutionary jet. That mean it will have a pit where the gues will be seated and the tope will be closed. The Idea would be to test out how areo-dynamic the design is and that would explain to guest why it's tracked. it will also extent outside the pavillion and at a point will runn parallel to the monorail. The ride system will be new. the arm that connects the top of the jet to the track will will lift and lower the the jet as the ride progresses. The ride will also share show sceens with Test Track so while TT drives through the the jet may fly above it goinng though similar test. I have yet to decide if i want the attraction to go through an excelleration like TT. it can be thrilling without that. It will however change speeds as it goes through test. it will be a D+ ticket

• Spaceship Earth
A new ride will be added based on time travel. Race Against The Clock/ Time Runners/Time Jump will basically be about how scientist used their research based on civilizations to be able to digitall simulate the enrivonments include the people as well. You go through and explore for yourself but you forget that ancient civilizations have never seen this future tech and they try starting wars with you. you have to rush back to the present. You in advertly go so fast that the machine cant simply pull you out so are stuck goint throu different times and even end up poping outside breifly just to get out of the simulation. The show build will definately have to be expanded and may have to run on top of the inoventions buildings. The nature of this ride is subject to change due to space and possible too may E- tickets

Turtle

Disney World Ideas

Rides
1.“Mike and Sulley to the Rescue” – A dark ride like the one in Disney’s California Adventure. It would go in “Hollywood Studios” in “Pixar Place” in the vacant studio lot. The façade would be the Monster’s Inc. factory. The ride vehicle would be a scream extractor, yellow thingy.
2.“Alice in Wonderland” – A dark ride like the one in Disneyland. It would go in “Magic Kingdom” in Fantasyland and be across from “Mad Tea Party”. The façade would be a big rabbit hole, because that’s where the adventure starts. The ride vehicle would be the caterpillar.
3.“Pinocchio’s Daring Journey” – A dark ride like the one in Disneyland. It would go replace “Pinocchio’s Village Haus, in “Magic Kingdom” and the façade would be Geppetto’s cottage, where Pinocchio comes to life. The ride vehicle would be “Geppetto’s hand-crafted wooden cart”.
4.“Rapunzel’s Hair-Raising Coaster” – A roller coaster with the track made to look like Rapunzel’s long hair. It would go in “Epcot” in the Germany showcase area. It would be decorated around the outside like Rapunzel’s Tower, with a mini-replica with Rapunzel and Pascal on the sign that says, “Rapunzel’s Hair Raising Coaster”. The loading station would look like the inside of the tower and Rapunzel sitting on the floor near the track, to make it look like her hair is actually flowing. The ride starts downhill. As, we pass through the ride, we spot characters from the movie, like Flynn and Mother Gothel. The ride vehicle would be Pascal.
5.“Belle’s Magical Moments” – A dark ride based off of “Beauty and the Beast, inside the Beast’s castle, in “Magic Kingdom”, in Fantasyland.
6.“Fire Mountain” – A roller coaster inside an “active” volcano. The ride would start with a lava spout accompanied by fissues would have sent cars flying in the air. This would be put in “Magic Kingdom” in Adventureland. The ride would start with a launch due to “a volcanic eruption”. It would shoot down a 100 foot hill.
7. “Racing with Lighting McQueen & Mater” - A roller coaster that revolves around the concept of racing Lightening McQueen. It would go in “Magic Kingdom” in Tomorrowland and replace, “Tomorrowland Indy Speedway”. The ride would have two tracks, one with a Lighting McQueen car and one with a Tow Mater car.
8.“Tim Burton”s The Nightmare before Christmas Ride” – A dark that summaries the movie exactly. It would be put in “Epcot”. Guests would hop into coffin sleds and glide through scenes from the movie.
9.“Spark Gap Electric Loop Coaster” – A spiraling and dizzy ride where forces of magnetism would be designed to astonish families. This would be put in “Animal Kingdom”.
10. “Rainbow Road to Oz” – A ride based on the classic movie. This ride would be put in “Hollywood Studios”.
11. “Fantasia Gardens” – A boat ride featuring the mythical animals in “Fantasia”. This would be put in “Animal Kingdom”.
12.“Journey to the Center of the Center” – A high speed coaster that takes guests through colorful glowing crystals, a mushroom forest, giant egg-like sacks, Subterranean Sea, then through an active volcano. This would be put in “Animal Kingdom”.
13.“Mt. Fuji’s Feud” – A roller coaster like “Matterhorn Bobsleds”. This would put in “Epcot” in the Japan Pavilion.
14.“Time Racers” – A high-tech thrill ride about fast-forwarding through history. This would be put in “Epcot” and replace, “Spaceship Earth”.
15.“Matternhorn Bobsleds” – A west coast version of the ride. This would be put in “Epcot” in the Switzerland pavilion.
16. “Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride” – A dark ride exactly like the one in Disneyland. This would be put in “Tomorrowland” and replace, “Stitch’s Great Escape”. The ride would be enhanced and have high tech thirlls, unlike the ride sharing the same name in Disneyland.
17.“The Jungle Book” – A dark ride in the Asia section. It would also be the first river adventure dark ride as guests cruise down several key moments from the film as well as the music. This would go in Animal Kingdom.
18.“Tarzan: The Escape from Sabor” – An indoor coaster will give guests a thrill of going through the trees as Tarzan does. Sabor, the leopard is attacking, and you need to get away. The ride tech. stuff will feature elements from “Alien Encounter” where the coaster will stop halfway through the ride in a pitch black area. Surround sound will reveal the rustling of leaves as Sabor gets near. During that time, the entire track rotates to connect a different track. You see him leaping right at you, at that moment, the magnetic forces under the vehicle kick in and reel you backwards as you finish the ride. This would go in Animal Kingdom.
19.“The Lion King” – A dark ride that would start with boarding a safari as you go through the story of the Lion King. Scenes would include, Circle of Life, Elephant Graveyard, Be Prepared, Simba running away, Hakuna Matata, Fighting Scar, the happy ending. This would go in Animal Kingdom.
20.“Happily Ever Never: Starring Disney Villains” – A concept like “The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man” where all of Spider-Man’s nemeses fight the audience, the Disney villains would try and punish all of the riders. This would go in “Hollywood Studios”. Maybe even in 3D. Hades could throw a fire ball, Ursula could soak you in a whirlpool, Scar could put you in a stampede, and you can watch Maleficent turn into a dragon, right before your eyes!
. “The Door Vaulter” – A crazy door coaster gone wrong in “Hollywood Studios”. This is from Monsters’ Inc.

Changes

Hollywood Studios

-Update the Great Movie Ride

-Have Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye replace the show.

-Update Muppet*Vision 3-D to have more effects

-Replace the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground with a Bug’s Land.

-Replace the Beauty and the Beast show with a Tangled one

-Take out the Studio Backlot Tour and put in Cars Land, exactly like the one in DCA.

-Take out the Little Mermaid show to put in Happily Ever Never…

-Update Disney Junior – Live on Stage to include more new characters

-Change the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be “Cars” theme (Route 66, Lighting McQueen)

Magic Kingdom

-Update Pirates of the Caribbean to include more characters from the 2001 movie.

-Take out Swiss Family Treehouse to put in Fire Mountain

-Move the Carousal to where Dumbo was and put Alice in Wonderland where the carousal is

-Put older movies from Disney in Mickey’s PhilharMagic. (Cinderella, The Jungle Book, 101
Dalmations, etc.)
Lands
A Bugs' Land - Hollywood Studios
The Pridelands for a Lion King area - Animal Kingdom
Princess Palace for a Princerss section with rides in Magic Kingdom
Cars Land - Hollywood Studios
I took my ideas and other peoples ideas and mashed them together and if i loved them then I re-wrote them here.
Let me know think

- How the heck would a Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland dark rides fit in Fantasyland?! Alice In Wonderland can't fit in where the carousel was..
- And also how does Mr. Toad's Wild Ride fit the theme of Tomorrowland??
- How would an electric coaster fit Animal Kingdom?
- Swiss Family Treehouse isn't large enough to fit Fire Mountain.
- How would a Cars roller coaster work? Cars doesn't work in tomorrow land..
- How would a big Spiderman type ride fit inside a tiny little mermaid theater?

there's a lot of not-so developed ideas here.

NegaVenom

I have an idea for a ride based on the Incredibles. Think of it as Transformers the Ride but with... I don't really need to finish the rest of the sentence now do I? I'm not really sure if it should be in epcot in the future world area, DCA, or in tomorrowland in any disney theme parks. Also, the attraction it self should resembles Edna's Building.

Wikkler

Disney World Ideas

Rides
4. “Rapunzel’s Hair-Raising Coaster” – A roller coaster with the track made to look like Rapunzel’s long hair. It would go in “Epcot” in the Germany showcase area. It would be decorated around the outside like Rapunzel’s Tower, with a mini-replica with Rapunzel and Pascal on the sign that says, “Rapunzel’s Hair Raising Coaster”. The loading station would look like the inside of the tower and Rapunzel sitting on the floor near the track, to make it look like her hair is actually flowing. The ride starts downhill. As, we pass through the ride, we spot characters from the movie, like Flynn and Mother Gothel. The ride vehicle would be Pascal.

Aw, you were so close.

Wikkler

I have an idea for a ride based on the Incredibles. Think of it as Transformers the Ride but with... I don't really need to finish the rest of the sentence now do I? I'm not really sure if it should be in epcot in the future world area, DCA, or in tomorrowland in any disney theme parks. Also, the attraction it self should resembles Edna's Building.
Def. not E.P.C.O.T. Center.
I also don't want DCA becoming the "Pixar Park". They have a total of 13 Pixar attractions.
Since when did superheroes become associated with the future? Tomorrowland shouldn't be another Pixar land.
I say Pixar Place in DHS.

nikacaimin

Here's my idea: A Disney XD ride!
Gravity Falls: Weirdmageddon
Or something like that. I'm not sure where it would go, since Disney doesn't have a designated spot for animated/DisneyXD rides.
Here is what it would look like:
Entrance: It would be a replica of the mystery shack, to scale or a bit smaller. Outside there would be velvet ropes and posters saying "Grand Re-Reopening!" and next to them would be the Disney employees. Somewhere a bit further away would be statues of Grunkle Stan, Dipper, Mabel, Stanford. Stan would be smiling, Mabel would be happy, Dipper and Stanford would be anxious, thinking it will be a big flop.
Queue: As you wait in line, there should be everyone's signs (Shooting star, llama, big dipper, pinetree, and everything else that was seen during weirdmageddon) hidden everywhere. You can also spot Bill Cypher's on the walls. Maybe even a Bill Cypher who's eyes move, and laughs from time to time. Then, employees will usher you into a room. There, it will be kind of like the Gaurdians of the Galaxy ride room. Grunkle Stan will be on a television screen, there will play a (very bad) commercial of the reopening of the Mystery Shack. Then, the video will get hacked by Bill Cypher and he will say something along the lines of "Ugh, get a load of this guy! I'm gonna let you in on a secret. I've seen this before, it's completely fake. You shouldn't have wasted your money. (laughs) Good thing I had my old pal Stan steal it for me! (shows Stanford mine controlled to get the money) Anyway, I've taken all three journals and hid them throughout the tour, just for you! You will see the full plan in action in a couple seconds. Now sit back, give me a few screams, and let Weirdmageddon begin!" video cuts back to the commercial, like nothing happened. Stan tells everyone to go into the carts. A door opens and reveals a golf cart.
Ride: It should start out like a normal tour, with lame, obviously fake things. Then, it is taken over by Bill Cypher, who seems to break the track (same effect as Expedition Everest or something similar should be used) and moves you to a different one. Then, he shows you what he's planning to do with the journals. They should be in some sort of machine, and all the knowledge is being sucked out of them. The plan should be to steal all the knowledge and renew it to make "new knowledge" and distribute it to all of his monster armies to fight back the humans and takeover the world. Then, Dipper and Mabel catch Bill and try to rescue you, but it turns into a big thrill ride. After, they finally catch Bill and Grunkle Stan is annoyed that they messed up the shack. After, you can hear bill echo "I'm always watching.." and the ride ends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom