any reviews of Royal Plaza DTD?

mikewdw

Original Poster
just wondering if anyone stayed recently? we are planning on one night before starting WDW vacation. have stayed in the past but not the last couple of years. Any hidden fees?
thanks
mikewdw

JEANYLASER

B Hotels to replace Royal Plaza near Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World, offering mood lighting, modern style!

The next Downtown Disney area hotel at Walt Disney World has been announced from B Hotels & Resorts, featuring a contemporary, but family-friendly atmosphere. The new B Hotels location will take over the existing 394-room Royal Plaza, located within walking distance to Downtown Disney.

The property was acquired by InSite Group and Cube Capital in December 2011 and will remain operational during the renovation, reopening as B Hotels’ third location family in the fourth quarter of 2013. The first B Hotels location opened in Fort Lauderdale in March 2011 and B South Beach is scheduled to open during the first quarter of 2013.

“The B in the Walt Disney World® Resort is going to be a unique venue for visitors who are looking for an upscale lifestyle experience, tranquility and relaxation after and between fun-filled days at the adventure parks,” said CEO and President Ayelet Weinstein. “It is being designed to allow interaction of families, couples, groups and individuals in an inspiring and stylish environment, with great amenities including international culinary concepts and a full service spa, while implementing the B brand approachable service culture.”

it's from Insidethemagic!

go to www. they have some info about B Hotels in Walt Disney World!

experiment624

They have instituted the now standard Orlando hotel practice of charging for parking by the day, and a resort fee, though I don't remember the cost of either. The last time we stayed there, end of 2011, I was seriously disappointed and vowed not to return. However, if the B takes over, maybe we would consider. When making reservations for previous visit to RP, I specifically asked if there were any additional fees not included in the quote, the reservations operator said, "no, this is your final price, tax included" only when we checked-in, we found that tax, was not included, neither was parking per day, or the resort fee. Price jumped about $75 dollars a day. Plus, the room reaked of mildew and when they moved us to another room, the next room was worse since the carpet at the door was soaking wet from an a/c leak, and we found blood on the duvet. I spoke with the manager, who looked up my history at the hotel, and found we stayed three times a year for the previous three years, and so he accommodated the cost difference for us, but it wasn't fun and the room still stunk (no pun intended). There is a hotel that is so much nicer, more affordable, and closer to DTD, literally across the street; We started staying here: Lake Buena Vista Palace, and have been happy with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom