Any news on HoP?

peter11435

There were 44

What? The picture shows Obama he was 44. Last I heard the current one is 45. Way to keep up Disney.

No. There were 43.

Obama was the 44th president but he was the 43rd person to hold the office. Cleveland was president for non consecutive terms and is counted twice. We is counted as the 22nd and 24th president. Trump is 45 but the 44th person to hold the office.

The last time the hop was open there were 43 men on the stage. The website was accurate for the show before it closed.

Last edited:

Fantasia Gardens

No. There were 43.

Obama was the 44th president but he was the 43rd person to hold the office. Cleveland was president for non consecutive terms and is counted twice. Trump is 45 but the 44th person to hold the office.

The last time the hop was open there were 43 men on the stage. The website was accurate for the show before it closed.
I stand corrected

The Mom

Premium Member
If anyone wants to continue speculating about probable reasons for the delay, there are open threads (at least 2 or 3) in the political subforum.

splash1988

Our discussion here has not in any way been political. We are merely discussing rumors.
I have specifically kept my comments in this thread to avoid political discussion. I think all of us posting in this forum would appreciate the ability to have a discussion regarding an attraction without the continued interruption implying we are political.

Rumrunner

I hate that this is considered political, whatever the norm has been in regards to speaking role for the current president should be kept. That way Disney can just say it is for history to judge not them and they are just following the decision they made in the past. I think it's BS to make any changes, I hate the guy passionately but other then cracking jokes to my wife about him it would not change my enjoyment of the attraction to see him featured. I feel Disney should stay neutral in regards to the attraction and just run it as it has been for the most recent presidents. They can make their political statements elsewhere.
You hate comment was really unnecessary.

Gringrinngghost

Could the delay have something to do with the White House's schedule?
That is possible. I had an earlier comment in this thread that appeared to be deleted where I stated that that I've not heard anything on the President recording any lines or that Disney was at the White House to record. There are many variables to accurately gauge it and with the administration keeping the official visitors logs secret we truly don't know. So really only time will tell. I did hear around that the current President wanted to write his own lines, so that could one of the contributing factors.

A note of the moderation team, since it appears my prior comments were deleted. I‘m merely just trying to give an apolitical reasoning here so somebody doesn‘t need to search though the other threads. Advanced apologies for this comment.

raymusiccity

I’m embellishing. But it’s not opening in “late 2017” regardless of what DPB says.

Sure seems to be heading way into the New Year. Here's a current article from Inquisitr:

"As the one-year anniversary of Donald Trump winning the election to become the President of the United States approaches, many at Walt Disney World are wondering when he will arrive. While the president may not be heading to the parks for a vacation, he is supposed to end up as an audio-animatronic in The Hall of Presidents attraction in Magic Kingdom. Now, it may take even longer for the president to make his way among the others at WDW.

The Hall of Presidents closed down in January of this year, and it was originally scheduled to reopen for guests sometime in the summer of 2017. The first reopening date was late June, and it was then pushed to the middle of July and eventually pushed to “late 2017,” but that appears to have changed again.

As reported by the Inquisitr last month, Disney had taken all showtimes off of their official website for The Hall of Presidents through 2017. That led to the idea that the attraction would not open until 2018, but there had not yet been any confirmation.

Now, there are even more signs that the attraction may end up being closed for at least a full year before opening back up.

walt-disney-world-magic-kingdom-hall-of-presidents-delay-2018-donald-trump-2.jpg

[Image by Danny ]

Disney’s public relations department had “no comment” on the situation and wouldn’t even say if the attraction was going to open in “late 2017” as they’ve stated in the past. During the summer, Disney spokesperson Jacquee Wahler told My News 13 that would be when the Hall of Presidents would reopen, but it doesn’t seem likely now.

That is also when Disney stated Donald Trump would be included in the attraction in the same way that past presidents had been. It was also confirmed that Trump would have a speaking part in the Hall of Presidents.

Cast members standing outside the attraction to answer questions are still saying it will reopen later this year, and that pretty much confirms there is confusion all around."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom