Any KISS fans?

steviej

Original Poster
any fellow Army members? Always looking to get to know fellow KISS fans, plus a Disney interest? You're my new best friend lol

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not a true fan but have several albums and saw them as recently as last summer. Bit too poppy for me. Love Gene though, almost as much as Ted.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
any fellow Army members? Always looking to get to know fellow KISS fans, plus a Disney interest? You're my new best friend lol

My brother and his best friend were huge KISS fans, starting from their teens. As a result, I know a lot of their songs, and can sing along if Detroit Rock City ever comes on the radio (among others, of course). Being the older sister and first to have driver's license, I remember having to drive my brother to the record store when a KISS album was released. I remember one particular time (no idea which album it was, but it came out during the winter), I had to drive in a blizzard because he had to get that KISS album on the day it came out.

One of my top-5 best days ever was back when the company I worked for in the early 90's had a suite at Madison Square Garden, and I was fortunate to be able to get 4 tickets to a KISS concert. Brought my hubby, and my brother and his friend. By this time, we are probably about 30 years old (there was only 16 months between me and my brother). Show starts, and most everyone in the suite sits down in the seats. After a while, I realize that my bro and his friend are not in the seats. Got up, probably to go use the bathroom in the suite, and I see that the reason they are not sitting is becuase they are shredding their air guitars and basically acting like the teenagers they were when they fell in love with the band, and didn't want everyone to see them at it.

Great memories. I lost my brother to lung cancer last year (he was a 9/11 first responder), but we'll always have KISS.

steviej

Original Poster
My brother and his best friend were huge KISS fans, starting from their teens. As a result, I know a lot of their songs, and can sing along if Detroit Rock City ever comes on the radio (among others, of course). Being the older sister and first to have driver's license, I remember having to drive my brother to the record store when a KISS album was released. I remember one particular time (no idea which album it was, but it came out during the winter), I had to drive in a blizzard because he had to get that KISS album on the day it came out. One of my top-5 best days ever was back when the company I worked for in the early 90's had a suite at Madison Square Garden, and I was fortunate to be able to get 4 tickets to a KISS concert. Brought my hubby, and my brother and his friend. By this time, we are probably about 30 years old (there was only 16 months between me and my brother). Show starts, and most everyone in the suite sits down in the seats. After a while, I realize that my bro and his friend are not in the seats. Got up, probably to go use the bathroom in the suite, and I see that the reason they are not sitting is becuase they are shredding their air guitars and basically acting like the teenagers they were when they fell in love with the band, and didn't want everyone to see them at it. Great memories. I lost my brother to lung cancer last year (he was a 9/11 first responder), but we'll always have KISS.

so sorry to hear about your brother. You might want to consider the kiss kruise! One of the greatest vacations I've ever taken.

Go for your brother, he'll be there with you =)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom