Any ideas when resorts will offer discounts for November?

mojokitty

Original Poster
I am trying to plan a first trip to DW the first week of November. (is this a good week do you think?) I noticed that resorts seem to go on sale periodically. When I was looking into a March trip back in October there was something like 25% off. I was wondering if you think Disney would offer something like that for November trips. We really want to stay at the Wilderness Cabins but can't if it's going to be $380 a night. When I checked on the price for that resort last fall the prices had gone down by a hundred.
Thanks!

danyoung56

While I have no information for you on discounts, what I'd suggest is that you go ahead and book the room that you want. Disney only requires the first night to be paid in advance, and they're really good about moving things around if you find a better rate or even a good rate at a different resort. It's better to have something booked than to wait and find that there are no rooms left for you.

mojokitty

Original Poster
While I have no information for you on discounts, what I'd suggest is that you go ahead and book the room that you want. Disney only requires the first night to be paid in advance, and they're really good about moving things around if you find a better rate or even a good rate at a different resort. It's better to have something booked than to wait and find that there are no rooms left for you.
Your definitely right but I was probably going to book through Undercover Tourist for a cheaper price. You have to pay up front and I don't believe you get any money back if things go on sale....right?

danyoung56

I can't help you, never having used Undercover Tourist. I go through a travel agent who deals directly with Disney, so the payment schedule is as I outlined above.

MickeyMomV

You might see some late next month that cover August though December otherwise it will be July before we see November and December specific discounts. MouseSavers does have a pretty detailed list that goes back several years so you can see trends.

MickeyMomV

Your definitely right but I was probably going to book through Undercover Tourist for a cheaper price. You have to pay up front and I don't believe you get any money back if things go on sale....right?
Personally we always book directly through WDW. We have never used UT for booking vacations but I don't think I would use a place that does not offer to apply discounts in the future. If you don't want to book it yourself I would use Kingdom Konsultants. They are a board sponsor and people can't say enough good things about them.

katiz

I've already talked to a Disney rep about this very thing and she said to book sooner rather than later and any discounts would be applied later. However, I book direct also wherein the first night is required and the remaining balance at a later date.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm not going until the following January in 2018. While I have my room booked I have to wait until at least August until they decide to bring out the January discounts. By then I should be able to knock a little more cash off my room.

BackOTheLine

For the longest time I thought travel agents were part of a bygone era, replaced by the ability to do your own research and booking online. But a couple of years ago we started using one to book our Disney stays and haven't looked back. It's nice for them to be able to do the legwork for you and they can keep you informed about better rates. You'll even find some that hold special events (dessert parties, for example) and occasionally have rates that you might not have otherwise known about. You can still do all the research you need to but I think it can help take some of the stress away if you have a good agent helping out. It shouldn't cost you anything - who wouldn't want free help!

Can someone help me down off this soapbox ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom