Any difference between the food and comfort between the 4 value resorts?

CamiCan

Original Poster
My bf and have decided to stay in a value resort for convenience and don't really care much about the theme or activities in the hotel. What we do care about is comfort first; clean rooms, easy walk to the bus stop, and nice eateries with good food in the hotel since we'll have breakfast there and possibly come back for another meal at some point. We're not expecting gourmet food but at least something better than overpriced amusement park "fast food." Which of the four value resorts has the best food? Are they all equally clean with short convenient walks to the bus stops?

AndyS2992

-All 5 values have the same comfort and cleanliness
-Bus stops are easy to get to but can be a long walk, you should book a preferred room to avoid this. AoA buses are a long trek away for standard room guests.
-All 5 serve the same 'expensive amusement park fast food' with a few exclusive items per resort

If crowded and long waits for buses isn't your thing then avoid the All Star resorts as all three resorts share the same bus service whereas POP and AoA each have their own service.

Which has the best food? They are all practically the same so there's not much in it. AoA I've been told has the biggest range so there I guess but Pop is just as good.

So in conclusion, a preferred room at Pop Century is your best bet. Avoid the All Star Resorts completely.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
All Star Music's food court is currently closed for a few months for refurbishment. There is a "grab and go" area for pre-packaged foods. Guests need to use the food court at either All Star Sports or All Star Movies for freshly prepared meals. There is a shuttle from ASMusic (or you can walk) to these food courts.

Agree with @Andys2992, Pop is Century is the best option but if you cannot book there, choose All Star Sports ~ it is the first bus stop (so you will have a seat) and the food court has been completely refurbished recently.

CamiCan

Original Poster
Remember that POP Century is also a value resort. We stayed there last year and the bus transportation worked well for us.

-All 4 values have the same comfort and cleanliness
-Bus stops are easy to get to but can be a long walk, you should book a preferred room to avoid this. AoA buses are a long trek away for standard room guests.
-All 4 serve the same 'expensive amusement park fast food' with a few exclusive items per resort

If crowded and long waits for buses isn't your thing then avoid the All Star resorts as all three resorts share the same bus service whereas POP and AoA each have their own service.

Which has the best food? They are all practically the same so there's not much in it. AoA I've been told has the biggest range so there I guess but Pop is just as good.

So in conclusion, a preferred room at Pop Century is your best bet. Avoid the All Star Resorts completely.

All Star Music's food court is currently closed for a few months for refurbishment. There is a "grab and go" area for pre-packaged foods. Guests need to use the food court at either All Star Sports or All Star Movies for freshly prepared meals. There is a shuttle from ASMusic (or you can walk) to these food courts.

Agree with @Andys2992, Pop is Century is the best option but if you cannot book there, choose All Star Sports ~ it is the first bus stop (so you will have a seat) and the food court has been completely refurbished recently.

Thanks for the advice. I was leaning toward All Stars Music just because it was cheaper but now I am saying no because I want breakfast on site. I'm going try to talk my bf into paying a lilttle more for POP for direct bus service and for newer (and probably cleaner) eateries. i will make the reservations tonight; I know we're very late since the trip is only 3 weeks away. This trip is sort of spur of the moment :)

allgiggles

I've stayed at ASMo, Pop (3X), and AoA (LK Suite). For a standard room, I'd probably pick Pop -- requesting a lake-view room in the 60's section. That's a standard room, so no extra cost. Or request a preferred room in the 60's. That location puts you close to the main building at Pop *and* close to the bridge to AoA. In my opinion, AoA has much better selections at Landscape of Flavors than any of the other value resort food courts. Being at Pop would give you the option of using either resort's food court and bus service.

bee

I'm going to second (third? fourth?) the Pop recommendation. Pop is slightly more expensive than the three All-Stars but totally worth it for the direct bus service and nice food court. AoA tends to run out of the less expensive rooms very quickly so you will probably get a much lower price at Pop.

CamiCan

Original Poster
We finally made the reservations! I showed my bf this thread and convinced him to "splurge" on POP and hope it lives up to our expectations. AoA was too pricey and we'd rather spend the same money on eating at nice restaurants than a better place to sleep.

ninjaprincesst

The foodcourt at AOA is gross. I have heard a lot of people rave about it but we found they had little to nothing we would eat. Even the normal foods like burgers have multigrain buns that my daughterwould not touch with a ten foot pole.

Matt_Black

We finally made the reservations! I showed my bf this thread and convinced him to "splurge" on POP and hope it lives up to our expectations. AoA was too pricey and we'd rather spend the same money on eating at nice restaurants than a better place to sleep.

On the plus side, AoA is right across the lake from Pop, so if you want to try the food court there, it's simply a brisk walk away.

daisyduckie

For what it is worth, the All Stars rarely share a bus. Most of the time they each have their own. Plus the All Stars are much smaller than the Pop, so one of the All Stars would be my choice. The Sports to be exact, as the food court was just redone. Also I have heard the Pop can be very rowdy and loud.

JillC LI

The foodcourt at AOA is gross. I have heard a lot of people rave about it but we found they had little to nothing we would eat. Even the normal foods like burgers have multigrain buns that my daughterwould not touch with a ten foot pole.

LOL, I would rave about multigrain buns too although my son would not be pleased. His pickiness would not make the place "gross" though.

dadddio

I would tend to choose All Stars over POP. In my opinion, the only thing on POP's side of the ledger is that it's across the bridge from AoA.

HatboxGhost

My wife and I have stayed at Pop, All Star Movies, and AOA and we thought that the food in AOA was best with the others not being that far behind.

HollyAD

Pop has always been my favorite. We like the lay out and have gotten pretty lucky being near the front of the resort without spending the extra on a preferred room. I like the food court and have had some pretty decent breakfast there. I have not stayed at AoA but am this coming October. I find Pop to be a little more comfortable because it is a little newer and bright. All Star Sports really isn't that great and I find that they place a lot of school groups there. It has been a very long time since I have stay at Music. I stayed at Movies for one night last year and it was fine. I really like the food court set up of the values because my family and I always want something different. Traveling with my son, sometimes he eats and sometimes he won't. So it is great to have a little food market area where I can grab him some fruit and call it a day.

CamiCan

Original Poster
Pop has always been my favorite. We like the lay out and have gotten pretty lucky being near the front of the resort without spending the extra on a preferred room. I like the food court and have had some pretty decent breakfast there. I have not stayed at AoA but am this coming October. I find Pop to be a little more comfortable because it is a little newer and bright. All Star Sports really isn't that great and I find that they place a lot of school groups there. It has been a very long time since I have stay at Music. I stayed at Movies for one night last year and it was fine. I really like the food court set up of the values because my family and I always want something different. Traveling with my son, sometimes he eats and sometimes he won't. So it is great to have a little food market area where I can grab him some fruit and call it a day.

Pop seemed to have better reviews than the others and if theme matters at all (we are just looking for a clean and comfy place to sleep mostly). Modern history was always my favorite subject so if there are artifacts and educational tidbits stewed around the hotel about the 20th century, it makes it all the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom