Any Central Illinois fans here?

WDWScottieBoy

I grew up around the Decatur area (moved there from Geneva, Switzerland), boated on Lake Shelbyville, so know the area quite well. :wave:

sbkline

Original Poster
Where at by Decatur? I went to school at Blue Mound for two years, back in the 80's. My Dad preached those two years at a United Methodist Church out in the country by a little town called Boody, both of which towns are very close to Decatur.

Incidentally, that is the place where we lived when I made my first visit to WDW back in 1987. :sohappy:

WDWScottieBoy

I went to school in Warrensburg-Latham, Argenta-Oreana and graduated from Mt. Zion. Never went to Decatur schools...always heard how bad they were and my parents refused to live anywhere that had Decatur schools. My church there was on the corner of Mound Rd (Holy Cross Lutheran)!

I know there are a ton of people on the boards here that live in IL or have lived there. There's actually a big thread somewhere of everyone 'checking in' from IL.

sbkline

Original Poster
I went to school in Warrensburg-Latham, Argenta-Oreana and graduated from Mt. Zion. Never went to Decatur schools...always heard how bad they were and my parents refused to live anywhere that had Decatur schools. My church there was on the corner of Mound Rd (Holy Cross Lutheran)!

I've probably gone by it, but I only get up that way once every year or two, so I don't know for sure which one it is.

I know there are a ton of people on the boards here that live in IL or have lived there. There's actually a big thread somewhere of everyone 'checking in' from IL.

Must be in another forum. I checked all the way back in this forum and didn't see anything.

Erika

I went to school in Warrensburg-Latham, Argenta-Oreana and graduated from Mt. Zion. Never went to Decatur schools...always heard how bad they were and my parents refused to live anywhere that had Decatur schools.

One of my best friends went through that district. He's an engineer so I guess he picked up some sort of education along the way :lol:

FanofDinsey1981

Champaign/Savoy Illinois here! I moved to Champaign-Urbana in 1999 to attend the U of Illinois, and after I graduated, I stuck around. My husband and I (he is also an alum of U of I) got married on campus, and now we both work for the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics here.

But I grew up in Bourbonnais, IL, which is more northeast illinois.

FanofDinsey1981

Hey, my cousins went to Argenta-Oreana! You probably don't remember names, but if you knew anyone by the last name Rhodes, you probably know my family!

FanofDinsey1981

As a model railroader and railfan, I just have to ask...Any Illinois Central fans here?:wave:

My subdivision is bordered on the west side by train tracks, and Illinois Central and Amtrak are like clockwork on 'em. There is always one at 12:35 pm, and I can always hear the last one around 9:50-10 PM. It is a strange comfort every night before going to bed to hear the train whistle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom