Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

doctornick

Bring on the fully realized ToonTown but a hyper version of Disneyland's complete with a new Car Toon Spin, Toontown themed restaurant, re-themed Rock N Roller Coaster, and a flat ride of some sort...all in a newly created corridor taking over the old Animation Courtyard and extending to Rock N Roller Coaster. that would be a lovely counterpoint to the Star Wars immersive end of the park...
after that a new water based ride where Indiana Jones currently sits... maybe based on Indy.

Generally agree, but there is no reason to include/change RNR (and it wouldn't fit well in a more kid oriented area anyway). If you remove the entire animation building (as well as VOTLM and Disney Jr) and use the space between Animation and RNR including what is now backstage, that's a huge footprint that can easily fit a substantial new land.

kinglsyyy

An obvious answer would be to clone the Shanghai POTC (no reason it couldn't exist in another park in WDW given its difference compared to "classic" POTC) or use that tech for something like an Indiana Jones ride. It has high capacity IIRC.
They need to replace POTC at MK with the Shanghai version.

donsullivan

Premium Member
They need to replace POTC at MK with the Shanghai version.
That’s not even remotely practical for a host of reasons, not least of which there isn’t room to put that attraction into the show building. I have been a believer for some time that some of the projection tech could be used to Plus the classic Pirates. For example, imagine seeing a full harbor and ships in the distance projected on the wall in Scene 2 after the drop. That could add a whole new level of depth without removing any of the classic Pirates vibe.

UNCgolf

That’s not even remotely practical for a host of reasons, not least of which there isn’t room to put that attraction into the show building. I have been a believer for some time that some of the projection tech could be used to Plus the classic Pirates. For example, imagine seeing a full harbor and ships in the distance projected on the wall in Scene 2 after the drop. That could add a whole new level of depth without removing any of the classic Pirates vibe.

I'd have no problem with this -- would be similar to the way it's used in Na'vi River Journey, actually. Using screens/projections to add additional detail/depth to an already detail physical set is basically the ideal use to me. They're excellent as a complement; they don't work very well as the sole focus.

wutisgood

I'd have no problem with this -- would be similar to the way it's used in Na'vi River Journey, actually. Using screens/projections to add additional detail/depth to an already detail physical set is basically the ideal use to me. They're excellent as a complement; they don't work very well as the sole focus.
I think the best recent use of screens and practical effects is the bourne show in universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom