Any advice or explanation?

EmmieSue

Original Poster
So we are going to Disney World in April and we have booked All star movies. My sister booked two rooms, one for her and her husband and kids, and then one for me and our other sister. The second room was put under my other sister's name. This is where the problem comes in.

My other sister decided she didn't want to go for a very good reason that I don't want to say because I don't know who reads these lol. So my sister wanted to simply switch the room into my name and take her off the reservation, but Disney is giving her a really, really hard time.

Is it really not as simple as we feel like it should be? I was already on the reservation for that room.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have never had to do this so cannot advise what is normal or not but this sounds like it shouldn't be this much of a problem. I would tell her to call back and ask for a manager to speak to instead of a regular CM. ;)

Minnie Mum

I agree. The problem is that your sister is listed as the lead guest. The reservation is in her name. Normally that reservation would have to be cancelled, and a new reservation made with a new lead guest's name. In order to do what you want to do, you'll have to take this up a level to Guest Services. The Reservations CM's can't do this.

LeighM

I remember a few years ago, I accidentally booked our WDW vacation under my account. Which shouldn't be a big problem but I kept my maiden name after getting married. So during this trip, my husband wanted it to be under his name so that all of the documents we received would have his last name LOL. Yep, seriously. When I called, I was told they could not change the lead name on the reservation. In order for it to be under his name, I would have to cancel the current one and have a new reservation under his name. They can change the guests names but not the lead. But that was a few years ago.

They won't usually change the lead guest on a reservation; however, guest services CAN do this. Next time you call if they have difficulty making the change ask to be transferred to guest services. If you explain your situation to them and it is in fact a very good reason they should be able to help you.

As an aside, when you make a booking it does say that once the reservation is made you cannot make changes to the lead guest. This is why the reservations CMs have been unable to help you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom