Anxiety about new hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

colleen2997

Original Poster
We are leaving for Disney 9/10 for 7 days and I am really worried about Hurricanes! Hanna is supposed to be over with by then, but there are 2 more Hurricanes out there heading west towards FL, Ike and Josephine. Is anyone scheduled to go at the same time and are you worried about hurricanes? Is re-booking possible in the event of bad hurricanes?

I'm right there with you. Definitely worried about Ike and Josephine. :eek:

I guess the best we can do now is keep an eye on them and hope for the best. :shrug:

I am biting my nails along with you guys... I am going to be leaving to head down there on the 13th. I am so nervous about Ike and Josephine. I have never had bad weather while down there. I will be keeping my fingers crossed.:lookaroun

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Disney do have a hurricane policy, so dont worry! They introduced this a few years ago to offsent peoples fears about booking in hurricane season.

"If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area
or for your place of residence no more than 7 days before your scheduled arrival date,
you may call in advance to reschedule or cancel your Walt Disney Travel Co. Magic
Your Way vacation package and most room only reservations (booked directly with
Disney) without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I am biting my nails along with you guys... I am going to be leaving to head down there on the 13th. I am so nervous about Ike and Josephine. I have never had bad weather while down there. I will be keeping my fingers crossed.:lookaroun

Hopefully there wont be an issue, but if there is, take comfort that you are in the very best of hands at Disney. They are so well prepared, and their buildings are built to such a high level. If I had to be anywhere for a hurricane, I'd choose Disney.

The Mom

Premium Member
To answer your question:

You would probably be able to rebook without paying a penalty, but it would have to be at a later date, when rooms are available, which might be months away. The same goes for ADRs.

There is no guarantee that you would get the exact same trip, ie, might be a different resort, or different ADRs.

There are already a couple of threads discussing this, and other weather issues, so I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom