Answers for the new CP's

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Every new (And potential new CP) always asks me the same exact questions... so here are the answers...

Q- Where's the nearest grocery stores
A- There are 2 of them.. Winn Dixie (on Apopka-Vineland Rd) and Publix (on International Dr by Chatham Square). I recommend Publix. Better food, better selection, same prices.

Q- Where's the alcohol?
A- Walgreens (there's 1 next to Vista Way and 1 a block away from Chatham Square on International Drive). There's also ABC Liquors in the same shopping center as Winn-Dixie. It's cheaper and has a better selection.

Q- Where's Target?
A- Orange Blosson Trail and SR. 417. It's a $1 toll on SR 417 but well worth it.

Q- Good Clubs?
A- Pleasure Island is good.. but you WILL get sick of it. Citywalk is also good, as is Downtown Orlando (Roxy and Tabu are 2 good clubs). If you get 3 days off in a row, and you have a car... go to Miami.

Q- How can my parents send me money?
A- There are different ways. The most obvious is mailing a check. Deposits done via Disney's Credit Union (aka. Vista Federal Credit Union) ATM's will automatically give you $200. Another way is to either open a bank account and give your parents access to it and suck up the ATM fees, or open an account at a bank that has branches in both Orlando and your hometown (Washington Mutual is the best for this)

Q- Whats there to do after Disney?
A- Universal.. lol. JK. Sea World too (FREE BEER!). Tampa and Miami are good... if you're from a conservative place.. go to Miami.. open your eyes to the world. Obviously the beaches... you're not more than an hour away (at most) from the beach.

Q- The Malls?
A- Florida Mall and Mall of Millenia are the best ones around. Theres the outlet mall near the CP housing... good food court and good buys there.

Q- Cheap places to stay at the first night
A- The all stars are good.. but for one night are not a good deal. I suggest any of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd or Palm Parkway.

Q- Should I take my car?
A- YES!!!!
Orlando is NOT a pedestrian friendly city in any way shape or form. If you don't have a car, make a friend who does and prepare to fork over some gas/toll money.

anything else, feel free to ask

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by bamboo7
last call? :D

2AM... however there's currently legislation in the works that will allow Downtown Orlando bars to serve till 4am. Either way.. you can buy alcohol at a gas station after 2AM and get tanked at home

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
here are another 2 for all of you.. lol. You will find this one useful once you start work

Q- What about work shoes
A- Disney requires solid white or black shoes. Sometimes Brown shoes at AK. Here are a few places locally to get them once you figure out what type you need (After Angelique and I had our struggle to find correct shoes). Rack Room Shoes at the Belz Outlet Mall, Payless Shoe Source at the Florida Mall, and Target. You can chance it with a logo that's a different color or with contrasting shoes.. and you may get away with it. However, if you try it with the wrong management, not only will you have to get correct shoes, you will also be out the money you spent on the original pair (since they probably won't take the shoes back after you have worn them). Another suggestion, and only if the timing is correct, shoes are sold on property via the "Shoemobile" and they only sell Disney approved shoes. You can pay cash/check/credit card, OR have it payroll deducted out of 4 paychecks (man.. a $100 pair of Docs looks so much better at $25/week.

Q- Hairstyles, etc
A- Conservative... that's it. lol. Cornrows ARE acceptable though. Also, CM's only pay $11 for a haircut on Main Street, and there are also salons backstage at MK, Epcot, and MGM... although I recommend the Main Street Barber shop over all the rest. The backstage ones are only authorized to do Disney approved styles... so that'll help out.

2much2do

Rob, Rob, Rob, you forgot the most important thing! Tuesday and Thursday nights are all you can drink for $10 at Tabu in Downtown Orlando!!!

pyschotropic

I have a question, do you find alot of people in the program that like to party on their days off? I know I sure do I am definitely planning to visit alot of clubs and bars while I'm down there hopefully I can find a few friends who like to do the same!

bamboo7

Originally posted by pyschotropic
I have a question, do you find alot of people in the program that like to party on their days off? I know I sure do I am definitely planning to visit alot of clubs and bars while I'm down there hopefully I can find a few friends who like to do the same!

just on your days off? that might be a problem. A lot of the people who come down for the program are just there to take a semester off from school and party and have a good time. There are tons of parties in the housing complexes, and you wont have a problem finding friends who want to go hit a lot of clubs and bars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom