Another Test Eliminating Standby - now at Anna & Elsa M&G

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I didn't see another thread on this (I looked.. I promise)

@DoctorDisney is reporting that they are testing capped or limited standby at the Elsa M&G similar to what they've been doing at Be Our Guest... but now using FP+/MDE app instead of paper return times.

They claim they will allow 1hr of standby to form.. and then direct everyone else to use FP+ kiosks or their apps for a return time.

With the test running Sept 22-25

wogwog

I didn't see another thread on this (I looked.. I promise)

@DoctorDisney is reporting that they are testing capped or limited standby at the Elsa M&G similar to what they've been doing at Be Our Guest... but now using FP+/MDE app instead of paper return times.

They claim they will allow 1hr of standby to form.. and then direct everyone else to use FP+ kiosks or their apps for a return time.

With the test running Sept 22-25
At the same time they want us to use the FP+ kiosk more they are very soon, I hear, close the kiosks at Buzz and reassign the cast to other duties.

BrerJon

Disney really are trying desperately to do anything to fiddle the numbers other than actually build attractions, aren't they?

Great, standby lines at zero minutes for all rides! Sounds great, and I'm sure they'll give you 20 Fastpasses a day or whatever if they do this for every attraction, but that still means a 180 day advance booking, unless you're very lucky - almost exactly like the table service restaurants.

So I guess that makes MyMagic+ the new Disney Dining Plan. What's next, reserving bathroom breaks in advance? Bring on the MagicBladders.

MaryJaneP

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I will repeat it for its inherent logic, if demand is so high for Anna and Elsa, perhaps it would make sense to have them do one shorter appearance in location A, then another shorter appearance in location B in a different scene, then another shorter appearance in location C in a different scene than A or B, etc as demand dictates. This would address the apparent dictate of never having more than one face character "on stage" at any time.

BEARSHOUSE4

My only input here is that back in May, we had FP+ for Princes fairy tale hall (Cinderella and Rapunzel). We would have LOVED to meet Elsa and Anna, but alas, all FP+ were gone....
My gripe is that even WITH FP+, we arrived on time for our slot, and we STILL waited in that cramped, claustrophobic, smelly, noisy, poor excuse for a queue that is really just a hallway for at LEAST 1 hour before we got to enter the actual M&G.....So if they give you a standby return time and you have to wait an hour, what advantage does the FP+ actually give you??????

CDavid

Won't this just create a queue of persons waiting around to enter the actual (hour-restricted) queue? If they permit more guests to line up as the one hour wait time diminishes, an unorganized mob will end up standing around outside, waiting for permission to enter the actual waiting area. With limited or no day-of FP+ availability, they have few options if they really want to see Anna & Elsa.

Who comes up with this stuff? :facepalm:

drew81

Pretty soon you'll be able to reserve Fastpass+ for the parking lot trams and the Tangled toilets!!!

What will TDO think of next?!?!

And what about the rumored Disney Executive dessert party at the Disney Shareholder meeting next year? For $99 you can enjoy coffee, tea, cupcakes and a special sing a long with Rasulo and Staggs all while enjoying reserved seating at the meeting(of course after you go through the metal detectors). During the desert party enjoy a special musical number called: "Totally Caught Off Guard by Frozen...a behind the scenes look how the company didn't believe in the film and that's why Olaf is just now coming to the theme parks".

Last edited:

Goofnut1980

Maybe they need to make Character Meet and Greets as a FP (not FP+) system. They have the machines still. Just implement them in few areas of the park. But don't allow a standby line. Just FP. I wonder how it would work? just thinking out loud.`

hth1917

What's next, reserving bathroom breaks in advance? Bring on the MagicBladders.

I want an Annual Passholder slider for my MagicBladder.

I also think there should be a new MyDinseyBathroomExperience app which uses RFID to log each bathroom visit and each drink consumed so that it can calculate a one-hour window during which I will need to plan my next trip to the facilities. It should also show me which bathrooms currently have the shortest standby waits.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Won't this just create a queue of persons waiting around to enter the actual (hour-restricted) queue? If they permit more guests to line up as the one hour wait time diminishes

They made it sound like they wouldn't be letting more standbys in once they get the inital queue.. which means in effect a FP+ only line.. which to be practical means they must give out a ton of FP+ to oversubscribe to account for no-shows and return variations. So in effect a return time to come wait in line later.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Disney really are trying desperately to do anything to fiddle the numbers other than actually build attractions, aren't they?
Who are they are trying to fool when they do this? The BoD? Execs in Burbank? Themselves? If they have "X" number of people in the park and "X" number of attractions open, whats the difference if those people are in a virtual queue or not? If theyre not sanding in line at Anna & Elsa M&G then they are standing in line somewhere else. Does this not make the queue at other attractions longer than it would normally be since the people that would be in line for Anna& Elsa are now in another queue. Seems like a zero gain for Disney and a slight loss for the guest since other attractions would now have an unnecessary longer wait time.

Are they hoping guests will go shop instead of waiting in line? IF so, that seems ridiculous. I cant imagine the average person thinking, "great, since I dont have to stand in line, I can go spend money on Main Street USA". Especially considering the fact that there are not many unique items to begin with, its mostly the same stuff EVERYWHERE, with the exception of the $5,000 paintings or random jewelry. I would love to shop for unique merch such as a nice sports coat with the Yacht CLub logo or maybe a beach towel with the Contemporary logo, who knows, just something unique.

mm52200

I don't understand TDO's recent kick with over complicating the queue system. Just let people get in line or reserve a FP. Haven't Anna and Elsa's wait times dropped anyway to like an hour or hour and a half? That's as long as some of the other normal princesses lines used to get before Anna and Elsa came around anyway.

misterID

Are they hoping guests will go shop instead of waiting in line? IF so, that seems ridiculous. I cant imagine the average person thinking, "great, since I dont have to stand in line, I can go spend money on Main Street USA". Especially considering the fact that there are not many unique items to begin with, its mostly the same stuff EVERYWHERE, with the exception of the $5,000 paintings or random jewelry.

I would say yes. I heard a long time ago that they don't want long attractions, like over 4 minutes, because in their mind, more time spent on an actual attraction the less time the guest is shopping. :confused::greedy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom