Another First Time Euro-er

tman2000

Original Poster
So first of all, having to explain that while you're all the way in friggin Paris you're wasting a whole day at a DL clone...

Well this crowd should understand at least.

DL Paris was a fantastic experience!

Keeping it short, I love the high end imagineering. The "arcades" that serve as indoor Main Street corridors were fantastic! Loved the Jules Verne style imaginary future year 2000s. I appreciate what discoveryland is trying to do, I think they could have done better.

I love the walking around sections. The pirate themed Tom Sawyer island. Etc.

Phantom manor was an interesting retake of the classic. Wish they would have been more inventive with it though rather than shoehorn new elements into classic pieces. The original parts were great!

Pirates was awesome!!!! Carribeanized Anaheim, flipping the beginning and end sequence (maybe the French don't understand prologue/foreshadowing?). The climb to deal with the drop issue. But especially the swashbuckling rope swinger.

Blue lagoon restaurant is so cool.

Loved the Alice, old mill, and especially the dragon features. With all the walking paths I wish they had more seating and better ways to disperse the insane crowds (well it was a holiday weekend when I went).

Worst feature: French labor laws. They shut down BTMR and Indy at the same time with no notice or explanation having already distributed fastpasses. Walking away, the snack carts were all shut down. At 2. Peak time and crowds. People were angry.

But, I guess the French can't be bothered, after all coffee break is important.

No no I kid. But the circumstances were annoying.

peep

They shut down BTMR and Indy at the same time with no notice or explanation having already distributed fastpasses. Walking away, the snack carts were all shut down. At 2. Peak time and crowds. People were angry.

I would assume that BTMR and Indy were breakdowns rather than the staff couldn't be bothered to do their jobs. Obviously I wasn't there but that sounds more plausible, I've never heard of rides closing because of staff going on a break before. BTMR breaks down a lot which is why it's year-long refurb can't come quick enough.

Food options closing at random periods is a long-standing issue and probably more down to poor staff management.

Tinkerkelle

I really like DLP and, coming from Scotland, we can go for short breaks. There are some nice little unique touches that are different to WDW and I think are more akin to DL but have never been there so can only go on what I've read.

HolleBolleGijs

Worst feature: French labor laws. They shut down BTMR and Indy at the same time with no notice or explanation having already distributed fastpasses. Walking away, the snack carts were all shut down. At 2. Peak time and crowds. People were angry.

While DLP strikes happen occasionally, it is not commonplace, and the rides are usually staffed appropriately. I read something about a walk-out at the Frozen Sing-a-Long, but other than that, strikes rarely affect attractions - more likely a technical issue.

Restaurants are another story. The hours are inexplicably wonky.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom