Annual Passholder Dining

Bryan01

I'm looking into getting annual passes for the family...my question is, can I add a dining plan if I stay at a Disney resort? I'm looking at going several weeks throughout the year and would definitely stay at a Disney property.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm looking into getting annual passes for the family...my question is, can I add a dining plan if I stay at a Disney resort? I'm looking at going several weeks throughout the year and would definitely stay at a Disney property.
Yes, but you're likely further ahead to get the Tables in Wonderland card.

Dining Plan requires that you pay full rack rate at the resort. With an AP, depending on the time of year, you can get a resort discount. TiW gets you 20% off at virtually all table service restaurants, including alcohol.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes, but you're likely further ahead to get the Tables in Wonderland card.

Dining Plan requires that you pay full rack rate at the resort. With an AP, depending on the time of year, you can get a resort discount. TiW gets you 20% off at virtually all table service restaurants, including alcohol.

Not correct. Only the free dining plan offer you have to pay full rack rate at the resort. A paid dining plan that you can buy at any time of year, you can add it to an AP discounted room or a public room discount offer as a ticketless package by calling. We have done this many times since we always purchase a dining plan even when we have had an AP discounted room offer or public offer before we joined DVC and after when we have added several paid days we use AP discount or DVC room discount (Whichever saves us more) and add the dining plan. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Not correct. Only the free dining plan offer you have to pay full rack rate at the resort. A paid dining plan that you can buy at any time of year you can add it to an AP discounted room or a room discount offer room as a ticketless package by calling. We have done this many times since we always purchase a dining plan even when we have had an AP discounted room offer or public offer before we joined DVC and after when we have added several paid days we use AP discount or DVC room discount (Whichever saves us more) and add the dining plan. :)
Wasn't aware of that. That said, the 20% with TiW is still a much better deal for me and the way we eat. *Shrug*

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Wasn't aware of that. That said, the 20% with TiW is still a much better deal for me and the way we eat. *Shrug*

Yes it was so nice the days of 45% off of Deluxes (back in 2012 and earlier) which has long since been gone. We always added the dining plan and still saved more than "free dining" would save us being there was only 2 of us and we stayed in Deluxe. We always went during "free dining" being we usually go Oct-Dec sometime and the room discount with adding a paid plan we came out a lot better than "free" dining. Lol ;)

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yes it was so nice the days of 45% off of Deluxes (back in 2012 and earlier) which has long since been gone. We always added the dining plan and still saved more than "free dining" would save us being there was only 2 of us and we stayed in Deluxe. We always went during "free dining" being we usually go Oct-Dec sometime and the room discount with adding a paid plan we came out a lot better than "free" dining. Lol ;)
My best discount was 42% at Beach Club. The savings for an eight-night stay paid for: The AP that got me the discount, My son's 9-day Hopper, the TiW card and all the food and drink we had for the trip [when the TiW discount factored in]. After that, the AP discounts were always smaller... :(

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

My best discount was 42% at Beach Club. The savings for an eight-night stay paid for: The AP that got me the discount, My son's 9-day Hopper, the TiW card and all the food and drink we had for the trip [when the TiW discount factored in]. After that, the AP discounts were always smaller... :(
Yep those days are sadly a memory and prices are up as well since back then. So glad we bought DVC when we did in 2013 because we could not afford to still stay Deluxe at current prices even for only a week a year. We go 2 weeks on average once a year (usually squeeze in 2 -2 week trips almost exactly a year apart on one AP) and stay in 1 bed villas with factoring in dues and such we still come out a whole lot cheaper than even a standard deluxe room for 1-2 weeks. ;)

Upvote 0

Seanual757

Just a warning TIWL have black outdates we found this out last year on Spring Break when they added a bunch of locations you could not get the discount during certain times. I used my card 7 time last year it paid for the tip at each location due to our party size.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just a warning TIWL have black outdates we found this out last year on Spring Break when they added a bunch of locations you could not get the discount during certain times. I used my card 7 time last year it paid for the tip at each location due to our party size.

Those blackout dates are popular holidays, like Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Mother's Day, not an entire week or longer.

Upvote 0

AshaNeOmah

Not correct. Only the free dining plan offer you have to pay full rack rate at the resort. A paid dining plan that you can buy at any time of year, you can add it to an AP discounted room or a public room discount offer as a ticketless package by calling. We have done this many times since we always purchase a dining plan even when we have had an AP discounted room offer or public offer before we joined DVC and after when we have added several paid days we use AP discount or DVC room discount (Whichever saves us more) and add the dining plan. :)

It's getting a lot harder to get a room in a value or moderate with the AP discount so it shouldn't always be a factor now. The last three or four stays I've paid the 'sale' rate because the AP rate rooms are sold out within a day or two of being offered. If you aren't checking daily, it's getting really hard to get one.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I stopped purchasing the DDP when I bought the TiW card. The dining plan didn't fit how we eat (I don't want dessert at lunch) and we always scrambled to use up all our credits.

I'm DVC and stay in a one bedroom villa with a full kitchen and we eat most of our meals in the room. Lunch, though, is usually a QS in the parks. We will sometimes eat at a TS if we have a hankering for pizza or chicken parm or bread pudding!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom