Annual Passholder dining discount increased at several restaurants through the summer

Mark P.

I think I know the answer to this, but can you combine the 30% AP food/non-alcohol discount with the 20% Tables in Wonderland alcohol on one check? Or would the restaurant allow you to split the check so that the AP-eligible items are on one, and the remainder on another?

cindy_k

All hotel restaurants. A month of blackout left on Silver AP's. I wonder if Disney is feeling a bit of a pinch from AP holders switching to Silver because of the price increases (and therefore blacked out this summer) I know I did that. Gold AP is just way too much money now.

AshaNeOmah

It's a good thing I'm not going back on this year's Gold Pass. After paying the extra for TiW last August, this is pretty insulting. I got my money's worth on TiW this year, but I still could have used the AP to the same, and now better, result at many locations.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
A sign from the Universe that the price increase strategy so beloved by Iger has begun to run out of gas.

Now with the potential that much of the Studios recent output may be blocked from distribution because of the use of tech allegedly stolen by the Chinese from a US firm., ESPN's troubles and now price increases failing Disney may be running into the perfect storm.

Epcotfan21

I think I know the answer to this, but can you combine the 30% AP food/non-alcohol discount with the 20% Tables in Wonderland alcohol on one check? Or would the restaurant allow you to split the check so that the AP-eligible items are on one, and the remainder on another?
C'mon, Mark. You think the mouse would let you do such a thing?

CJR

They should have unblocked some of the passes that had June and July blocked out ...

The reason they won't though, is because then people who purchased the Gold pass or higher would probably complain. The summer is really the only difference between Gold and Silver, so it would be a slap in the face to those who purchased Gold (disclaimer, I'm Platinum Plus this year, because I wanted Christmas).

cindy_k

The reason they won't though, is because then people who purchased the Gold pass or higher would probably complain. The summer is really the only difference between Gold and Silver, so it would be a slap in the face to those who purchased Gold (disclaimer, I'm Platinum Plus this year, because I wanted Christmas).
Too lazy to look it up and confirm but I think Gold gets free photopass too. Not enough of a perk to get me to pay the difference. Especially since they put free parking in Silver.

CJR

Too lazy to look it up and confirm but I think Gold gets free photopass too. Not enough of a perk to get me to pay the difference. Especially since they put free parking in Silver.

That's true, although Photo Pass isn't much of a benefit to us. Outside of rides, our phones get decent enough pictures for most things, and the rides rarely get a good picture (Frozen still has steps in the background, even after a year). So it's nice, I guess, but I agree that I wouldn't let it factor into my purchase decision.

Kman101

All annual/seasonal passes I believe now get free parking and photo pass (not sure the difference between 'free' photo pass and a picture showing up in my account to purchase - which wasn't like the before my current pass - I do like the little videos they do, that's sort of neat but not enough for me to pay for it). I understand not unblocking them because of the other passes but they were clearly hurting a bit this summer ...

cindy_k

They could still unblock early. They have opened up the beginning of August before.
It would let me get a few more last rides at Energy and Great movie ride. Their last weekend is the first weekend post blackout.

Kevin_W

It's a good thing I'm not going back on this year's Gold Pass. After paying the extra for TiW last August, this is pretty insulting. I got my money's worth on TiW this year, but I still could have used the AP to the same, and now better, result at many locations.

We bought an AP this year on the 13-month deal to combine a couple trips (we're not locals), and we skipped doing TiW largely becasue of the AP dining discounts. (Although they are currently set to expire before our second trip.)

AshaNeOmah

We bought an AP this year on the 13-month deal to combine a couple trips (we're not locals), and we skipped doing TiW largely becasue of the AP dining discounts. (Although they are currently set to expire before our second trip.)

We bought before the 13 month announcement. Not too happy about that either, since I paid the same (or nearly same) price.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Okay, I bit and picked up a Jiko reservation next Friday.
My question is how will the do the check on a 30% discount on food and a 20% on alcohol (using Tables), specifically the tip? Said another way, does using TIW lock the entire bill into a 18% tip. I would think it would be easier (Point of Sale wise) to have the system either do the 18% on the total or not at all and it be up to me than to have two separate bills: one for food with no tip added and one with alcohol and 18% tip.

Don't get me wrong I am not fussing over a 18% tip on the whole bill. Normally I pay more than 18% tip on the pre-discount meal charge. I am just trying to figure this out ahead of getting the bill.

Rider

A discount at less popular restaurants during non peak times only hardly seems like a big panic move. Probably an experiment to fill slow times with reliable locals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom