Annual Pass

vanryan

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
I bought an annual pass at the Disney store and used it to get a great rate at the Beach Club. What do I have to do to validate it?

RalphieN

Bring your receipt with you.

We bought 5 AP's at the Disney store here in NJ and when we got to WDW, we were told that they were never validated by the store and only because we had our receipt, did they give us the passes. We were told that without the receipt, there wouldn't have been anything they could have done for us at the time.

Moustronaut

Disney store park hopper passes and what not are active as soon as you buy them. Ya just walk right in with is as a normal ticket.

Disney store AP certificates get validated at the store just so they know ya didn't just shoplift them or something. The certificates are not active until you "activate" them at a park gate. Because they are good for 1 year after the first time you use them at a WDW park, they aren't activated at the disney store.

Go to any ticket counter with your certificate and ID (if I remember correctly). They take all you info like name and address and enter it into the computer. Takes a few minutes... Then they give you a paper card ticket that is you actual annual pass and a small booklet telling you all you passholder benefits. Then you're done.

Just a tip... before you activate your pass, keep it and your receipt seperate. If you loose them both, there's nothing they can do to help ya. If ya loose one or the other, they can at least help ya out.

After you're registered and are in the system, they should be able to replace a lost pass. At least that's how it was all explained to me by the CM at the ticket counter.

Pixie Duster

The term validated is not appororpiate when talking about Disney Store. THe only thing that happens to the passes at Disney Store is the purchase. You have to have your receipts when you get to WDW, because they are not validated. You can grab 50 of them off the rack if you wanted to because you have to have your receipt in order for them to be usable.
I was a manager for Disney Store when they made the change over to the passes they offer now. The CM at Disney Store should have explained the needing of the receipt upon purchasing.

wannabeBelle

Yeah Yeah exactly what Moustranaut said!!! I couldnt have explained it better myself!!! I bought my pass at the parks itself so mine was active from the moment I got it. Id drag the receipt along if you bought at the Disney Store, just to be on the safe side of things!!! Belle

s25843

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
The term validated is not appororpiate when talking about Disney Store. THe only thing that happens to the passes at Disney Store is the purchase. You have to have your receipts when you get to WDW, because they are not validated. You can grab 50 of them off the rack if you wanted to because you have to have your receipt in order for them to be usable.
I was a manager for Disney Store when they made the change over to the passes they offer now. The CM at Disney Store should have explained the needing of the receipt upon purchasing.

When I activated my AP, they just scanned the Voucher and never asked for a receipt....

vanryan

Original Poster
I needed to get it for a room discount, which is why I bought it at the Disney store. I kept the receipt, but only because the 800 number isprinted on it. :eek:

Thankfully you all are savy to the ins and outs of it, I probably wouldn't have known where the receipt is when I got to the parks.

:)

Dwarful

Can I ask, when are you going and what was your great rate?

Also, we are getting ap's from the disney store, we won't be arriving until late on Friday night, by the time we get to the resorts I'd say it will be after 10pm. So will we be stuck paying the non-ap rate for the first night ( 3 rooms) or will they back date the ap rate? any ideas?

RalphieN

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
The term validated is not appororpiate when talking about Disney Store. THe only thing that happens to the passes at Disney Store is the purchase.

The Disney Store is supposed to do something to the vouchers because when we tried to activate them, Guest Relations tried several times to swipe them in the computer and our receipt was only asked for after they wouldn't work. We were told that the Disney STore didn't "validate" them like they were suppose to and it was a good thing we had our receipt so we could still activate them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom