Annual Pass Questions

mguimond1990

So I will try to explain this the best I can and hopefully get a response haha. So I have a trip planned for the last week of november. We currently have just a basic 4 day base tickets. However a friend mentioned getting an AP because we also have a big family trip planned for september 2017 (not booked, just in the planning phases). So I know that I can upgrade my ticket in november at guest relations, but I have a question about buying the passes online in advance. If I bought the APs now online would I still be able to do my fastpass selections at the 60 day mark even tho my AP wouldnt be active until we arrive? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Rob562

So I will try to explain this the best I can and hopefully get a response haha. So I have a trip planned for the last week of november. We currently have just a basic 4 day base tickets. However a friend mentioned getting an AP because we also have a big family trip planned for september 2017 (not booked, just in the planning phases). So I know that I can upgrade my ticket in november at guest relations, but I have a question about buying the passes online in advance. If I bought the APs now online would I still be able to do my fastpass selections at the 60 day mark even tho my AP wouldnt be active until we arrive? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Assuming that you have a hotel reservation (a requirement for the 60-day FP+ window), yes, buying an AP online will give you access to making FP+ reservations at your 60-day window even though you won't be activating the AP until your'e there.

*However*, there is no way to use your 4-day ticket toward such an AP purchase. If you buy the AP ahead of time, you'd have to save the 4-day ticket for use at another time. As long as the 4-day ticket is enough to cover your November trip, the only reason to buy the AP ahead of time would be if you're concerned there might be an AP price increase between now and then and you want to protect against that.

Otherwise, use the 4-day ticket, make your FP+ choices for November, upgrade your 4-day ticket to an AP while you're there.

-Rob

Upvote 0

mguimond1990

Original Poster
Assuming that you have a hotel reservation (a requirement for the 60-day FP+ window), yes, buying an AP online will give you access to making FP+ reservations at your 60-day window even though you won't be activating the AP until your'e there.

*However*, there is no way to use your 4-day ticket toward such an AP purchase. If you buy the AP ahead of time, you'd have to save the 4-day ticket for use at another time. As long as the 4-day ticket is enough to cover your November trip, the only reason to buy the AP ahead of time would be if you're concerned there might be an AP price increase between now and then and you want to protect against that.

Otherwise, use the 4-day ticket, make your FP+ choices for November, upgrade your 4-day ticket to an AP while you're there.

-Rob

I thought you had to have park tickets linked to your MDE account in order to make a fastpass reservation? Is that not the case?

Upvote 0

mguimond1990

Original Poster
An AP is a park ticket, even if it only exists as a voucher to redeem at Will Call.

-Rob
Awesome thank you! And one more question if you dont mind (youve been more helpful than the disney rep I spoke to)..If i buy the AP now would i get the benefits that come with it, mainly referring to the discounted christmas party tickets, or do those benefits not go into effect until you switch out your voucher.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Awesome thank you! And one more question if you dont mind (youve been more helpful than the disney rep I spoke to)..If i buy the AP now would i get the benefits that come with it, mainly referring to the discounted christmas party tickets, or do those benefits not go into effect until you switch out your voucher.

That I do not know.

I do know you can book a hotel with just an AP voucher, so it's quite possible that a Party ticket purchase would follow the same guidelines, but I can't say for sure. (I'm also not sure if booking a room with a voucher is an over-the-phone thing only, or if the voucher would open up the AP rates on the website...)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Philsphan25

Yes, at least online, you would be eligible for the discounts. Your MDE will see you have a AP linked and offer you the discounts. I am not sure about over-the-phone reservations but I would assume if you get them the email that is linked to your MDE account they should see that you have a voucher or will call AP attached and can give you the discounts.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If I have fast pass selections, and cancel the tickets for an AP, will I lose the FP?

If you swap same-day or they take an existing ticket and upgrade to an AP, you'll be fine.

If you have a package reservation that includes tickets, make FP+ and then cancel the reservation outright without replacement admission on your account, the FP will also get cancelled.

-Rob

Upvote 0

21stamps

If you swap same-day or they take an existing ticket and upgrade to an AP, you'll be fine.

If you have a package reservation that includes tickets, make FP+ and then cancel the reservation outright without replacement admission on your account, the FP will also get cancelled.

-Rob

Thanks! It would just be removing the tickets. I called last night and the cm said the same, if I'm only cancelling the tickets and not the package they'll be safe.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Do you already have replacement admission media like an AP voucher on your account?

-Rob

I have non expiring tickets right now, but am debating switching to the AP for me...there is a pass holder discount available for our dates and it's tempting. Basically $500 off the trip and leaves only a $250 difference for the annual pass, and once you subtract memory maker it's a very small difference. This would allow me to save my non expiring tickets for a future trip. I'm not sure yet because we do not have time to go to WDW in 2017...BUT, I may be a horrible mother and sneak down for F&W for 3 nights with friends next year.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I have non expiring tickets right now, but am debating switching to the AP for me...there is a pass holder discount available for our dates and it's tempting. Basically $500 off the trip and leaves only a $250 difference for the annual pass, and once you subtract memory maker it's a very small difference. This would allow me to save my non expiring tickets for a future trip. I'm not sure yet because we do not have time to go to WDW in 2017...BUT, I may be a horrible mother and sneak down for F&W for 3 nights with friends next year.

Ok. As long there is *some* kind of ticket on your account with enough days left, it will hold whatever FP+ choices you've made, even if you don't ultimately use that particular ticket for admission.

But if you have NO ticket, then you'll lose the FP. (I'm unsure what they'd do if you had 7 days of FP+ booked but then only had a 5 day ticket after cancelling the package)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom