Annual Pass Question

jazzzz

From what I understand, if I buy an annual pass, I am given a voucher which I redeem for my annual pass upon arriving at wdw. If this is true would I be able to use the voucher to book a room at the annual passholder rate. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am planning on going in January and if I was planning on staying at a moderate, but if I can get a room at the poly for $250 a night or less I would definetely do that.

Aurora_25

From what I have heard, you can book a room having the voucher, but you need to have the "real" AP to check in, I could be wrong in this, but from what I have read I think that's how it works.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

When you book your room just ask for the AP rate. The CM will not ask for any verification that you are actually a passholder, they will however tell you that in order to check into your hotel at the quoted rate you must show your AP and driver's license.

Please remember that the voucher will not be accepted as proof of AP, you must activate it before trying to check in. Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0

Woody13

Here's what Deb has to say:

"Do I have to actually have an AP/PAP before I can call to get any special AP resort rates?

No you don't. You can call and book the rates without having the AP/PAP in hand. The policy about having it at the time of resort checkin is clear as mud. Some people have been allowed to obtain the rate at checkin with only their AP/PAP voucher. Others have been told to return to the resort front desk to show the desk CM after activating the pass. Still others have not been asked for any AP/PAP at all. The official Disney policy states an activated AP/PAP pass is needed at checkin.You may want to avoid any potential embarrassment at checkin by having an activated pass at that time."

http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have done AP rooms for most of the past three years ( time flies when you are having fun I tell ya) I havent been asked for the AP except for once or twice, but I can tell you I would definitely go to a park or DTD and get the AP activated first to avoid any potential embarassment and/or price increases!!! My understanding if you dont show an AP, the room rate goes back up to full rack rate!!! Have a great time!! Belle

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

We stayed at POR last December. We were able to check in without even being asked for the AP, but did bring it in to verify after a trip down to DTD. It isn't a difficult process to activate your pass, and it probably is best to do so first just in case.

Have a great time !

Upvote 0

AllThatsJoey

Thrawn said:
Pleasure Island.

Edit: BTW, anyone know if you can activate at the International Gateway?

I'm pretty sure you can, I've exchanged old tickets for new ones there before which leads me to believe they can do any kind of ticket transaction there.

-Joey

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
jazzzz said:
Pleasure Island

I hate to be repetitive, but where at Pleasure Island, right at the main gate?

At the ticket stands. There are some at the main gate, and some at the entrance from DTD West Side.

Upvote 0

Jekyll Baker

I've only been asked once for my AP when checking in, and it was the only time I had left it in the car with my luggage. However I just told the CM at the front desk that I had left it in my car and offered to go get it, and she said it was alright.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I am going down without the pass and plan on getting the pass the day I check in. If I have to I will goto the park get the pass and then checkin.

Upvote 0

inafog

I have never been asked to show the AP when checking in either, although I always offer. On our October trip we didn't arrive at CBR until 1 or 2 in the morning. The computer system at the resort was down for some sort of planned outage, and the CMs had already checked us in and printed out our keys. All they had to do was run the credit card; they had charged us the AP rate. So, I checked in without actually being present, let alone my AP being present.

Anyway, I agree that you should have the activated pass in hand when you check in, just in case.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Because of people abusing the system (i.e. getting an AP rate and not even being an AP holder) Disney is getting more stringent about you having an activated pass at the time of check in. From what I have seen and overheard the cast members will work with you as much as they can but if you don’t produce an activated pass by the end of your stay they will charge you the full room rate.

Upvote 0

weluvtink

Before we checked into POP we drove over to DTD-Guest Relations to exchange my voucher. I think it's located behind the Team Mickey store. They did ask for it at check in, so I was glad that I didn't wait.

Upvote 0

canuck

We checked into the AKL in Apr. and only had the vouccher. It was no problem. We actvated the AP at theAK the next day. They never asked at the Poly where we went next.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom