News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

TiggerDad

Not sure the legitimacy of this.. think they are WDWMAGIC forum followers but this is exciting!
Could this be their source, from the MK 50th thread:
It was between Tomorrowland and Frontierland for the 50th job, and TL won. I don't expect a major Fantasy Land anything in Orl anytime soon, barring a new opportunity TWDC just can't pass up.
As for DL, expect SWL for the west side (duh), more infrastructure stuff ala Big Thunder Trail on that side, with that being it. TDA has kicked a needed Tomorrowland refresh for ages, and they just keep kicking it down. As of recent, next up for DL was Fantasyland, but it seems that, while it will still be involved, the next DL project is less centered on Fantasy.
I'm feeling on a roll, so while we are at it...
EPCOT: FW getting bulk of things. Communicore changes yet again. The Seas will become the "Pavillion on a hill" or the hive of scum and villainy Galaxy's Edge was intended to be. God knows what's going on with imagination. No, Groot will not be taking over the Land Pavillion, and don't even bother with Wonders of Life for the next decade, because Disney barely is either. As for WS, just cranking out Coco, UK, Rat, Brazil (And Friends?).
HS: TSL, SWL, Shows going to that great big theater in the sky, the Muppets are staying for a while: deal with it, Star Tours isn't long for this Galaxy: deal with it, and Fantasmic -1.0 will be here a while. Also, Christmas Echo Lake will be great. Sunset... Meh. Oh, and two of the best rides to ever come out of Imagineering IMO.
AK: Don't Cry for me Anandapur, yes a potential Avatar expansion exists and no I do not expect it to happen. Rivers of Light is in one day and out the next with management, but it has been serving its purpose, leading to a resounding "Why Bother?" In management.
DCA: Marvel is a mess. Pixar is a mess. Runaway is a mess. Expansion is a mess. Halloween in great.

And now cryptic stuff that could apply anywhere domestically:
Winter is Coming... Eventually
Let's All Sing Like... Who?
33 Upcharges
The Not So Suite Life
The Not So Secret Life
Magic
Find your Way Black
Can you tell me how to get to Seaworld?
New York
I didn't Nintend to Infringe on your Ship
Needs More Cowbell

Frankiepopsicles

It is most likely going to be an attraction based on “Brave” according to all the hints but I would have loved a ride based on “Willy Wonka And The Choccolate Factory”

DisneyDodo

It is most likely going to be an attraction based on “Brave” according to all the hints but I would have loved a ride based on “Willy Wonka And The Choccolate Factory”
What makes you think Willy Wonka takes place in the UK? It was shot in Munich and the movie’s supposed setting is never mentioned. Also, only a few of the characters have British accents.
Anyway, it’s not a Disney IP and I doubt they’d want to purchase this IP for one ride in a pavilion themed to a country where a ton of Disney’s movies take place.

Though I do think an indoor Wonka land themed to the factory could be very cool.

bclane

A Willy Wonka ride could be fantastic! I'm not sure where the best place for one would be (DHS probably), but i would love that so much!

Hayley In Wonderland

Would love to see them expand on Alice in Wonderland (for obvious reasons). I'm not sure how genuine this is, but this is an apparent old proposal for EPCOT UK Pavillion. It was meant to be a mishmash of UK themed movies, like Mary Poppins, Robin Hood, Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland etc. I'm not sure if this inspired the maze at DLP or the maze inspired this (depending on the legitimacy of it). Such a cute idea!
"The proposal is titled The Enchanted Forest, and it is essentially a multi-zoned, interactive trail/play experience built around three UK literary works and one English legend: Alice In Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Winnie-the-Pooh and Robin Hood. At the end of the trail is an open-air tent entitled Mouseterpiece Theater, with a stage for live entertainment and (at least in the rendering above) a Mickey Mouse Revue-style Mickey-as-conductor topiary.

The Enchanted Forest also would have brought the United Kingdom a badly-needed vertical feature in the form of a scaled-down Big Ben, which on its flip side would have held a “rooftop stage” where petulant chimney sweeps could dance around to the probable consternation of an unseen Admiral Boom."

ukef01siteplan.jpg

bclane

Imagination pavilion? (The movie does have a song called Pure Imagination :))
I mean I'd much rather they restored the original Imagination pavilion the way it used to be in the good ol days, but honestly I'd probably be happy with anything that was an improvement on what is in there now. Willy Wonka's chocolate factory definitely got my imagination doing back flips when I was a kid!

nickys

Premium Member
What makes you think Willy Wonka takes place in the UK? It was shot in Munich and the movie’s supposed setting is never mentioned. Also, only a few of the characters have British accents.
Anyway, it’s not a Disney IP and I doubt they’d want to purchase this IP for one ride in a pavilion themed to a country where a ton of Disney’s movies take place.

Though I do think an indoor Wonka land themed to the factory could be very cool.

Well about the location, it was written by Ronald Dahl and set in the north of England so ......

Anyway, it's a moot point. Warner Brothers have the rights and are planning some spin-off Willy Wonka movie.

But if you want a Willy Wonka ride, come to the UK and visit Alton Towers. I think the ride is getting some TLC just now though, so leave it a while yet.

Weather_Lady

A Brave-themed classic style dark ride showcasing the beauty of Scotland would be a really nice addition....

Having recently returned from a 10-day tour of Scotland in which I got to bask in its beauty for myself, I'd be in favor! (I also wish they'd have a companion CS venue serving up haggis - seriously, it's delicious - with all the trimmings, and perhaps a wee dram or two.)

Magenta Panther

IMO, Willy Wonka is a creepy book written by a creepy man which got made into two creepy movies. Feh on it.

Probably the new UK attraction WILL be based on Brave, because that's just our luck and this is TDO we're talking about. 'Cause a princess! And the movie won an Oscar back when Pixar could do no wrong! Never mind that the movie is full of visually unattractive characters and was a rip-off of Brother Bear. It will definitely be Brave, because good ideas and good taste are woefully lacking at TDO of late. Now I'm off to book my next trip to Disneyland while it's still worth visiting (Star Wars/Marvel haven't taken over the place completely yet.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom