News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Keep guessing away and supposing what Disney must assuredly do. They most assuredly will surprise you. ;)

If you didn't know GotG was going to UoE and Mickey Mouse was going to TGMR, and you were told "New IPs are going into those buildings, something which Bob Chapek considers 'uniquely Disney'", would you have guessed GotG and MM correctly?

JSchnitz

Well Universal is considering a remake to fit in their shared horror universe (if that still will be a thing since The Mummy essentially flopped).
Yeah I'm aware of this! Hopefully whichever one they put out next can save the franchise, kind of like Wonder Woman has done for the D.C. universe! Unfortunately though some things aren't meant to be recreated....you hear that DISNEY!!!

Princess Leia

Yeah I'm aware of this! Hopefully whichever one they put out next can save the franchise, kind of like Wonder Woman has done for the D.C. universe! Unfortunately though some things aren't meant to be recreated....you hear that DISNEY!!!
Bride of Frankenstein is next, starring Javier Bardem. But it's scheduled to come out February 14th, 2019 (happy Valentine's Day everyone...). So, realistically, that should give Universal time to fix the issues from Dracula Untold (which they still can't decide is in the universe or not) and Mummy. 'Frankenstein' is probably one of the best books I've read (but I doubt they'll touch the book material), and I like Javier Bardem, so we'll see how this goes.

JSchnitz

Bride of Frankenstein is next, starring Javier Bardem. But it's scheduled to come out February 14th, 2019 (happy Valentine's Day everyone...). So, realistically, that should give Universal time to fix the issues from Dracula Untold (which they still can't decide is in the universe or not) and Mummy. 'Frankenstein' is probably one of the best books I've read (but I doubt they'll touch the book material), and I like Javier Bardem, so we'll see how this goes.
Bride of Frankenstein is one my all-time favorite movies! They've got their hands full with this one! I haven't read the book in along time, but I'd doubt they'd use that material either at this point.

Haymarket2008

I'd like to rule out anything heavily screen-based considering RAT will be 99% screens + LPS. I'd probably rule out a darkride too. I can't imagine them putting in a darkride (or the effort to construct a darkride) unless it's supporting a super IP or they manage to recycle "that" old ride track which would be a smart move but challenging. Both seem unlikely. I'm gonna guess it's a mid-level C. Something like a Whip or a Spinner possibly paired with a Meet and Greet. Although Epcot needs a people-eater on that side of the park I'm thinking it'll either be a smallish ride or a largish attraction. I'd love to be proven wrong though. Frankly I'm tired of the speculation. I'm still not convinced it'll be tied to a Disney IP. We keep going round and round without resolve.

I seem to recall that most insiders have said that it will be a dark ride.

Kman101

Keep guessing away and supposing what Disney must assuredly do. They most assuredly will surprise you. ;)

If you didn't know GotG was going to UoE and Mickey Mouse was going to TGMR, and you were told "New IPs are going into those buildings, something which Bob Chapek considers 'uniquely Disney'", would you have guessed GotG and MM correctly?

LOL. But what are we supposed to? Twiddle our thumbs and wait. Of course people are going to debate and guess. Nothing wrong with that.

It's easier to guess for the UK pavilion. Obviously it would be tied to the UK somehow. Mickey and Guardians are a bit different.

Amidala

I would still love to see a classic dark ride in the style of Peter Pan/Alice/Toad/Etc. but with our improved AAs...everything TLM promised to be and wasn't. Then again, I guess it makes more sense to wait around and hope that TDO will give us an E-Ticket dark ride, since top-tier modern-day dark rides like Hunny Hunt and Mystic Manor probably cost a lot more than TDO would be willing to spend on a B or C-Ticket ride.

In the meantime, I wouldn't mind a more cost-effective dark ride in the UK. A Brave dark ride would be phenomenal if it was handled well...the soundtrack is beautiful, and Merida's character design is so distinct (especially compared to the other CGI princesses), it would be cool to see what that AA looked like. Would love to see Merida get some more love in general (probably the most out of any of the IPs discussed so far), but I'm not sure how well that would factor into the UK for...all of the reasons already mentioned here.

Maybe we could see an animatronics musical show (in the style of Country Bear Jamboree) based on Jolly Holiday? Not sure if there's enough room to build a show building, but this is an attraction that could work just as well outside or under an awning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom