News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

TeriofTerror

My vote: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Runner up: Mary Poppins, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians. But we ALL would like to see Black Cauldron, obviously. (But actually, a dark ride would be insaneeeee).
Aaaaagh!
I get that it would be "insaaaaaaane". But can anyone please explain to me "insaneeee", "loveeeeee", and the like? I've "loooooved" more things than I care to admit, but I've never "lovied" anything in my entire life. ;)
Also, I feel as though I would be doing a dear friend and dogsitter a disservice if I failed to plug The Sword in the Stone.

Ralphlaw

The Dr. Who Experience in Cardiff, Wales, is closing. Disney could pack the whole thing up, drop it behind the UK pavilion or between UK and Canada, and have a great attraction within a year. We've seen the Dr. Who Experience a couple years ago, and we're seeing it again before it closes. It's pretty darn close to Disney quality, and would be a real fun addition to Epcot at several levels.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

The Dr. Who Experience is Cardiff, Wales, is closing. Disney could pack the whole thing up, drop it behind the UK pavilion or between UK and Canada, and have a great attraction within a year. We've seen the Dr. Who Experience a couple years ago, and we're seeing it again before it closes. It's pretty darn close to Disney quality, and would be a real fun addition to Epcot at several levels.
Who owns the theme park rights to Doctor Who?

Ralphlaw

Nobody as far as I know. Possibly the BBC, but I can guarantee you that whoever has the rights would very likely be thrilled to get some cashflow via a Disney based attraction.

Ralphlaw

BBC so far as I know. There's been various small scale exhibits around the UK over the years.

Good to hear. The current Dr. Who Experience in Cardiff is a walk through attraction with a walk along guide. It goes through about 5 or 6 different rooms. The attraction itself is up to Disney standards. It does not have the huge capacity of a Disney attraction . . . right now. Put it on a conveyor, and it certainly could.

Unfortunately, the 5 year lease in Cardiff runs out this Fall. I imagine the cost to man it and maintain it is not insignificant, and Cardiff probably does not have the tourist flow to fund such a great thing. But put it in a popular resort or near a major city, and that thing would be full every day. Believe it or not, my family's decision to spend a couple weeks in the UK this summer was in large part the desire to see it again. Yeah, for Whoovians, it's that good. For non-Whoovians, it may convert you.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good to hear. The current Dr. Who Experience in Cardiff is a walk through attraction with a walk along guide. It goes through about 5 or 6 different rooms. The attraction itself is up to Disney standards. It does not have the huge capacity of a Disney attraction . . . right now. Put it on a conveyor, and it certainly could.

Unfortunately, the 5 year lease in Cardiff runs out this Fall. I imagine the cost to man it and maintain it is not insignificant, and Cardiff probably does not have the tourist flow to fund such a great thing. But put it in a popular resort or near a major city, and that thing would be full every day. Believe it or not, my family's decision to spend a couple weeks in the UK this summer was in large part the desire to see it again. Yeah, for Whoovians, it's that good. For non-Whoovians, it may convert you.
When I was a lad it was in Blackpool with a Space:1999 co show.

Many moons ago.

Robbiem

Who owns the theme park rights to Doctor Who?

There was talk here in the U.K. Of the BBC being involved in the paramount theme park planned for ebsfleet just outside London which would have included dr who in some form. Paramount have walked away from the project recently and its in the air if the park will ever get built so hopefully the Beeb will still have the rights should Disney come knocking

PizzaPlanet

I recently picked up this pin at Disney Springs. Could it be a sign? :eek: ;)
upload_2017-7-12_21-31-0.png

Princess Leia

Yeah, but Torchwood never had the following that Dr. Who had. Torchwood doesn't have 50 years of history, and it's far racier than Dr. Who. We don't let our kids watch Torchwood.
Personally, I'd take Seasons 1 & 2 of Torchwood over Seasons 6+ of the Doctor Who reboot. That being said, it definitely wasn't for kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom