Anna & Elsa Meet n Greet Strategy

JillC LI

I have a friend whose family is going to WDW for the first time in May. Her 5 year old daughter is desperate to meet Anna and Elsa. My friend got online at the 60 day mark first thing in the morning and was unable to snag a FP for it. Does anyone have any strategy suggestions on her best bet to meet Anna & Elsa at the MK without a 4 hour wait? Thanks.

Weather_Lady

I have a friend whose family is going to WDW for the first time in May. Her 5 year old daughter is desperate to meet Anna and Elsa. My friend got online at the 60 day mark first thing in the morning and was unable to snag a FP for it. Does anyone have any strategy suggestions on her best bet to meet Anna & Elsa at the MK without a 4 hour wait? Thanks.

First thing in the morning, immediately after rope drop, would be the best way. That line will build fast and stay long all day, but if they go there first thing, the wait should be reasonable.

If it turns out that the Anna & Elsa M&G is "open" during EMH, then visiting during right after rope drop on a morning with EMH would be even better, as they'll be competing with fewer people to get there.

Also, your friend should check DME periodically to see if any availability has opened up, and should experiment with different party sizes (e.g., try to change one person's FP+ for one attraction to Anna & Elsa. If it works, copy that FP+ over to the other party members).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KLinder7

The sign outside PFH around 930ish said 20 min wait but I walked right on through to Rapunzel. Who knows how things will change when the Frozen girls come over. My guess is the waits will be crazy although FP+ might help that out a little.

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

If your friend tried this on the MDE app, try it on a computer instead. For us, it did not show up on the app, but did show up on the computer for some reason. I have read other accounts of this too. Once you schedule it on the computer, it then will show up on your app and you could make any necessary changes on the MDE app, but wouoldn't show up initially. Hope this is the case and this will help.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Original Poster
Also, your friend should check DME periodically to see if any availability has opened up, and should experiment with different party sizes (e.g., try to change one person's FP+ for one attraction to Anna & Elsa. If it works, copy that FP+ over to the other party members).

@Weather_Lady, my friend asked me what happens if she is able to snag one FP+ for her daughter for the M&G but not for anyone else in the family. Will they allow an adult to get on line with her but not get photos or autographs (which would be absolutely fine)? Or are you saying that once she gets a FP+ for one person in the party, there is some way to ensure that everyon else in the party gets it too? (I have not used FP+ yet and don't know how the online system works.)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

@Weather_Lady, my friend asked me what happens if she is able to snag one FP+ for her daughter for the M&G but not for anyone else in the family. Will they allow an adult to get on line with her but not get photos or autographs (which would be absolutely fine)? Or are you saying that once she gets a FP+ for one person in the party, there is some way to ensure that everyon else in the party gets it too? (I have not used FP+ yet and don't know how the online system works.)

Honestly, I don't know the answer to this one. I know it was discussed on another thread recently but I can't find it. Can somebody else weigh in on this? Can an adult accompany a child through a meet-and-greet Fastpass line where the child has a FP+ but the adult does not?

Upvote 0

Arty Cordova

My best advice is try each person one at a time. I was able to do it by putting myself as 1 and then trying for my wife and daughter as 2. Typically the CM at the line will allow the consolidation when approached.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Original Poster
Thanks guys. Maybe I'll start a separate thread with this question to see if anyone else haws experience with the more general question of FPs at meet & greets.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Someone on that other thread suggested trying to get FP+ times for each person going separately for A&E... you're more likely to get a FP+ for one person than for multiple people. As long as the times overlap, everyone can still get in line together.

Upvote 0
As long as your child is over the age of 7 you can get a fast pass for them alone, it will not allow if under age 7, you need to put in "2" people one of which is an adult. I have not been able to secure even one FP for Elsa and Anna even being on at midnight when the date changes for my vacation, likely because I am staying off property and can only reserve 30 days in advance. My friends who are going the week before me, who could secure 60 days in advance, needed to do it one person at a time. I am sure they would allow the parent to stand with the child, fp or not.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

Have dad take one for the team. Stand in line while mom and the kids enjoy fantasyland. I speak from experience when they were in Epcot! Besides, people watching in WDW is always a great way to pass the time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom