Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

jt04

Good... continue to think like Disney where all attractions (or in this case, meet and greets) are created equal. There's a reason why Anna and Elsa have 3 hour waits, and it has nothing to do with any other Meet and Greets in the park. It's because they're the most popular characters right now and this is the only place to meet them.

I can't get a Fastpass+ for Anna and Elsa 30 days from now (I don't really want one, but that's not the point). Meanwhile I can get reservations for 4 at Hollywood and Vine tomorrow for Breakfast and Lunch. Why not open it for Dinner with Anna and Elsa? Charge $40 a pop and have the same good selection of food they have for Lunch. Isn't that a better solution than to padding the My Magic+ profit #s than the Epcot After Hours dining? Don't think DHS is appropriate for them? How about 1900 Park Fare, there's availability tomorrow for breakfast and dinner...

Not bad.

BigTxEars

Good... continue to think like Disney where all attractions (or in this case, meet and greets) are created equal. There's a reason why Anna and Elsa have 3 hour waits, and it has nothing to do with any other Meet and Greets in the park. It's because they're the most popular characters right now and this is the only place to meet them.

I can't get a Fastpass+ for Anna and Elsa 30 days from now (I don't really want one, but that's not the point). Meanwhile I can get reservations for 4 at Hollywood and Vine tomorrow for Breakfast and Lunch. Why not open it for Dinner with Anna and Elsa? Charge $40 a pop and have the same good selection of food they have for Lunch. Isn't that a better solution than to padding the My Magic+ profit #s than the Epcot After Hours dining? Don't think DHS is appropriate for them? How about 1900 Park Fare, there's availability tomorrow for breakfast and dinner...

So a breakfast ADR to M&G Anna & Elsa, and since those occur many times before the park opens the guest would get into the park early to have the M&G breakfast. So they are in the park when it is not open to day guest and they get food and drink....because paid for it.....

And how is that different than the Epcot After Hours Wind Down exactly?

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

On second thought, it's good that we won't get a Frozen ride right now. After all, what if these characters aren't white hot 30 years from now? I'm much happier with nothing. Thanks for showing me the light, guys.

Matt_Black

On second thought, it's good that we won't get a Frozen ride right now. After all, what if these characters aren't white hot 30 years from now? I'm much happier with nothing. Thanks for showing me the light, guys.

Meanwhile, people here are raving about Uni, which has Despicable Me, which is DEFINITELY a classic to be ranked amongst such films as Citizen Kane, The Sound of Music, and Silence of the Lambs.

Bolt

No they just need more m&gs with more characters in various places in the MK and some sort of challenge game where guests are motivated to go to all of them. Perhaps a souvenir book they can fill with stamps for a reward when completed at the last stop. Or the more stamps collected the better the prize.

There you go.
Why would we encourage people to go to all the M&G's?

Macca250

No they just need more m&gs with more characters in various places in the MK and some sort of challenge game where guests are motivated to go to all of them. Perhaps a souvenir book they can fill with stamps for a reward when completed at the last stop. Or the more stamps collected the better the prize.

There you go.
Can you imagine - 6 hours for Anna and Elsa, 4 hours for PH, 4 hours for the second side of PFH and then cap it off at TST with a brisk 2 hours wait for the Mouse. Then on day two you can start with Ariel, Pete's Silly Sideshow etc. etc. Don't even joke about that :jawdrop: you'd be condemning parents to an eternal Disney nightmare - $100 ticket just to bypass all the attractions because the kids are screaming for more stamps, whilst each stamp will take a considerable chunk of your soul to queue up for. Wilderness Explorers at DAK is time consuming enough, please no M&G version... although on the plus side, groups with no character obsessed family members; 0 minutes for Space Mountain :p

Macca250

Not necessarily; remember, Woody and Jessie meet by the exit on occasion, so some folks might think they have to ride Splash Mountain first.
You're making me shiver just thinking about it; imagine looking through your stamp book followed by intense military planning of FP+ for M&Gs combined with the standby M&Gs you couldn't FP (Anna and Elsa) combined with an ADR for BOG to see the Beast and then you have to consider the inconvenience of the parade and wishes when you'll have to swim through the moat to avoid wasting any time outside of a M&G line.

RSoxNo1

So a breakfast ADR to M&G Anna & Elsa, and since those occur many times before the park opens the guest would get into the park early to have the M&G breakfast. So they are in the park when it is not open to day guest and they get food and drink....because paid for it.....

And how is that different than the Epcot After Hours Wind Down exactly?
Guests weren't really asking for the Epcot after hours event. Guests are clearly asking for a shorter line to see Anna and Elsa. Do you think for a second that character Dining with Anna and Elsa wouldn't be booked quicker than the After Hours Wind Down event?

jt04

Why would we encourage people to go to all the M&G's?

To handle the crowds and so whichever character is popular at the moment is not overwhelmed. Aurora is the next princess to get a push because of the new movie. Hopefully they are planning for it.

jt04

Can you imagine - 6 hours for Anna and Elsa, 4 hours for PH, 4 hours for the second side of PFH and then cap it off at TST with a brisk 2 hours wait for the Mouse. Then on day two you can start with Ariel, Pete's Silly Sideshow etc. etc. Don't even joke about that :jawdrop: you'd be condemning parents to an eternal Disney nightmare - $100 ticket just to bypass all the attractions because the kids are screaming for more stamps, whilst each stamp will take a considerable chunk of your soul to queue up for. Wilderness Explorers at DAK is time consuming enough, please no M&G version... although on the plus side, groups with no character obsessed family members; 0 minutes for Space Mountain :p

If they have enough to meet demand then I think the waits would not be overwhelming. And of course it would help with wait times for all attractions.

tl77

So Anna and Elsa are in The Princess Hall and the Festival of Fantasy Parade, are they also at Cinderella's Royal Table?

Weather_Lady

So Anna and Elsa are in The Princess Hall and the Festival of Fantasy Parade, are they also at Cinderella's Royal Table?

They should be at Akershus -- and all the other princesses should be kicked out of there! Then the presence of princesses in a historic replica Norwegian castle might make thematic sense for the first time ever. While they're at it, they could revamp the menu into something truly Scandinavian. :)

LostPrincessKarleigh

Since CRT is already a tough ADR to come by, TDO wouldn't really make more money with them being placed there. Akershus would be a great place to add them. Replace Belle at the front with Anna and Elsa, then have maybe Kristoff, Hans, and Olaf circulate. I mean, go big or go home. Also, keep them at PHF but don't cut them at 5pm. Park open to close! Then, in the future (ya know, 20 years from now), when they copy a Frozen ride from another park, move their M&G there.

doctornick

They should be at Akershus -- and all the other princesses should be kicked out of there! Then the presence of princesses in a historic replica Norwegian castle might make thematic sense for the first time ever. While they're at it, they could revamp the menu into something truly Scandinavian. :)

I've thought that adding them to Akershus would be a good idea, but I'm under the impression that that meal fills pretty well (not as quickly as Cindy's castle, but still being generally unavailable day of). I have't tried to book there, so maybe someone else can comment on the demand.

Of course, Disney could still monitize it by making it more like the castle -- do a price fix setup that involved a picture with Anna and Elsa and included photo package. I think that would make more money while still increasing demand for Akershus, while releaving some of the pressure on PFTH.

EGelb

Since CRT is already a tough ADR to come by, TDO wouldn't really make more money with them being placed there. Akershus would be a great place to add them. Replace Belle at the front with Anna and Elsa, then have maybe Kristoff, Hans, and Olaf circulate. I mean, go big or go home. Also, keep them at PHF but don't cut them at 5pm. Park open to close! Then, in the future (ya know, 20 years from now), when they copy a Frozen ride from another park, move their M&G there.

SPOILER...

As cited in previous threads, "friends" to hang out with Anna and Elsa are limited - aka very hard to come by. Disney Auditions are always seeking more and more friends, but the more they hire, the more likely you'll greet some princesses that might not fit the character that you remember, if that makes sense. Hiring two friends/hour to replace one friend at Ak might not even BE cost-efficient, regardless of how high sales at Ak go up. I agree that they would be a good fit there, and it would definitely lessen the waits.

I believe the reasoning between limiting their time at PFH is casting of friends -- In Norway, they could have Anna and Elsa greet guests all day in ONE ROOM. At PFH, they're greeting in two rooms. Think about it -- they are doubling the friends we need: friends can only hang out so many hours and there's only so many they can hire logically. Regardless of that, I think Disney is still looking to hire more and more friends and do it quickly (hence why Anna appears sans coat mostly)! I'm with all of you -- two-three (even four) hour waits are lengthy and annoying, but people seem to be waiting them which proves the franchise's popularity. :)

LostPrincessKarleigh

SPOILER...

As cited in previous threads, "friends" to hang out with Anna and Elsa are limited - aka very hard to come by. Disney Auditions are always seeking more and more friends, but the more they hire, the more likely you'll greet some princesses that might not fit the character that you remember, if that makes sense. Hiring two friends/hour to replace one friend at Ak might not even BE cost-efficient, regardless of how high sales at Ak go up. I agree that they would be a good fit there, and it would definitely lessen the waits.

I believe the reasoning between limiting their time at PFH is casting of friends -- In Norway, they could have Anna and Elsa greet guests all day in ONE ROOM. At PFH, they're greeting in two rooms. Think about it -- they are doubling the friends we need: friends can only hang out so many hours and there's only so many they can hire logically. Regardless of that, I think Disney is still looking to hire more and more friends and do it quickly (hence why Anna appears sans coat mostly)! I'm with all of you -- two-three (even four) hour waits are lengthy and annoying, but people seem to be waiting them which proves the franchise's popularity. :)
That is all very true. And makes a lot of sense as to why they have cut the hours on their M&G.
I will also admit that I am using on of my 3 FP+ for this M&G. :rolleyes: Couldn't pass up the chance!

aladdin2007

Thank you, have been saying exactly that since the movie came out, but TDO doesnt exactly operate by common sense, and theme placement seems out the window anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom