Animal Kingdom - As of June 25

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
Good evening, Fellow Disney Fanatics,

My family and I spent our day at Animal Kingdom today. Was there for rope drop and left with an hour before closing. We had a great time, but I must report that Disney is really allowing Animal Kingdom to fall apart. Pandora was amazing. Everything appeared to be functioning as supposed to, and we thoroughly enjoyed Pandora's 2 attractions. Same for Everest.....it was great.

The problems are really bad at Dinosaur and It's Tough to Be A Bug. As far as Dinosaur, immediately at the beginning of the ride, just as you enter the Cretaceous period, the Alioramus is completely broken (dinosaur that is supposed to be eating another dino). It was frozen and completely lit, absolutely no movement. Then 2 of the 4 Carnotaurs are broken. The first one to the left is still, no movement, just lit up. Looks terrible. Then at the end, the Carnataurus overhead is stuck, completely lit and not moving in your direction as you complete the attraction. It's sad.

Then onto Tough to be a Bug. Flik's mouth doesn't have complete movement any longer, and the Wasp (I never remember his name) animatronic is completely gone.

I know some will think this is a complaining post, but it's not meant to be that. Despite those issues, we had an amazing day. That said, Disney charges premium prices for admission, and they wouldn't accept a penny less than their posted admission price. Therefore, it's our expectations that all attractions, save for the typical breakdown which happens to machinery, should be in working order. It's absolutely sad that WDW allows these attractions, regardless of age, to be half functional while charging premium prices. It's horrible business practices, and it takes guests for granted. I would be excited if WDW stopped spending money on new attractions, and just fix the ones you have for Pete's sake.

What say you?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The entire Dinosaur area is lacking. When my kids were younger Boneyard was the saving grace.

I’d be okay with swapping out the entire land. But to what?

Glad you enjoyed yourself for the most part.

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
The entire Dinosaur area is lacking. When my kids were younger Boneyard was the saving grace.

I’d be okay with swapping out the entire land. But to what?

Glad you enjoyed yourself for the most part.
Thank you.

For the life of me, I don't understand why they removed Primeval Whirl to leave an ugly, fenced in, waste of space on top of taking away an attraction from a park already lacking in attractions

DisneyFanatic12

Thank you.

For the life of me, I don't understand why they removed Primeval Whirl to leave an ugly, fenced in, waste of space on top of taking away an attraction from a park already lacking in attractions
One of the two tracks was broken, so one was to be demolished anyways. They could have manufactured their own replacement parts to keep the ride running, but that would be improper and costly. The company that manufactured the ride dissolved. As for keeping one of the tracks and demolishing the broken one, they saw it better to just prep the whole area that the ride sat on for development.

The Flick animatronic is always hard for me. Even in its prime, it never had very much movement. I like the depth it provides, but I think the Swedish Chef at Muppet Vision 3D does it better. Still, I wish Flick was better maintained. Unlike Hopper, there is no B-mode for him that I know of. One day I watched the show and the intro was more horrifying for the kids than the Hopper scene as both of the eyes were disconnected (from the motors that control the movement, not the head) and we’re spinning around uncontrollably. It was entertaining though…🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom