And the Mascot is...

Legacy

Original Poster
I just found out last night who exactly the mascot will be this year for Halloween Horror Nights. It isn't exactly who you are expecting, so don't think that the website has clued you in, but at the first orientation it was announced that the mascot will be.....

(Highlight the text to see)

NO ONE

That's right. Universal appears to be returning to earlier times when there was no mascot, but instead an over-all theme.

I think it's brilliant.

Legacy

Original Poster
NemoRocks78 said:
:eek:

I think that's great. :sohappy:

Is this the official word though?
It's what they announced at the first HHN orientation, so I would imagine that it pretty official.

disnyfan89

Legacy said:
It's what they announced at the first HHN orientation, so I would imagine that it pretty official.
thats odd!! They told my dad it was going to be a doctor who was connected to The Caretaker and thats where he got most of his buissness from!!

Legacy

Original Poster
disnyfan89 said:
thats odd!! They told my dad it was going to be a doctor who was connected to The Caretaker and thats where he got most of his buissness from!!
From the way I understood my information, the Dr character (Dr. Payne) is going to have a house (Dr. Payne's Disortatorium) but not really be used to sell the event as a mascot. At the audition they said that Dr. Payne was the mascot, but at the orientation they said no mascot. Whether they are seriously trying to throw off rumors, I don't know. I'm just going off what I have heard.

(And frankly, with a name like Dr. Payne I definently agree with not using him as a mascot.)

DieHardDisney

I wanna wait and see how this turns out because previously I have always liked the idea of a mascot but like Legacy says, the name Dr. Payne does suck! LOL :lol:

Legacy

Original Poster
DieHardDisney said:
I wanna wait and see how this turns out because previously I have always liked the idea of a mascot but like Legacy says, the name Dr. Payne does suck! LOL :lol:
The mascot's that they have had are great, but they are coming off of two VERY strong ones. It would extremely difficult for Creative to come up with a mascot of the same caliber of the Director and Caretaker. Sindy is a good idea, but still too risky. I think it's a good idea to wait a bit before bringing anymore mascots out.

Coasterbp

There was an article in the Sentinel about how this year, HHN isn't using a mascot to promote the event, rather relying on being scared in general to invite guests in. I like the idea. And I think this year is going to be really good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom