An update on MJ's condition

Woody13

112 mg/dL is within the normal range for blood glucose. I wouldn't be concerned with that reading. Did the doctors provide any explanation about her low blood glucose levels? Did they perform an hbA1c test on MJ while she was in the hospital? That would give them a good blood glucose level history during the previous three months.

Good to hear that MJ is better and at home. As Mad said, you need to take MJ to a pediatric endocrinologist ASAP. All the best to you and your family. :wave:

nibblesandbits

Oh Bonny, I am so sorry that I wasn't able to keep up with what was going on this weekend. I went out of town and had very minimal access to a computer. I wanted to very badly though.

I am glad that MJ is home! I hope that things continue to get better. :kiss:

You both need to rest! :kiss:

Nemo14

Bonny,
I missed a lot of what went on yesterday, since we're away from home now, but so glad you're home. Hugs to MJ!

Betty

talkinghands

Woody13 said:
112 mg/dL is within the normal range for blood glucose. I wouldn't be concerned with that reading. Did the doctors provide any explanation about her low blood glucose levels? Did they perform an hbA1c test on MJ while she was in the hospital? That would give them a good blood glucose level history during the previous three months.
Anything over 110 is now considered out side the normal range according to my doctor. It used to be 120 and before that 140. Been coming down over recent years. When I was diagnosed they didn't get upset until you were over 200 (was over 800 when diagnosed) Much stricter control advised now.

Woody13

talkinghands said:
Anything over 110 is now considered out side the normal range according to my doctor. It used to be 120 and before that 140. Been coming down over recent years. When I was diagnosed they didn't get upset until you were over 200 (was over 800 when diagnosed) Much stricter control advised now.
Indeed, but you are talking about a fasting blood sugar count. We have previously established that MJ was being fed dextrose by IV, therefore, no fasting blood sugar counts could be taken. In consideration of her hospitalization, 112 mg/dL is well within the norm for her age. :wave:

lunalovegoddess

apparently I tried calling the hospital room about half an hour after MJ had already been sent home... :brick:

Anyway, I hope MJ is well soon, and stays entertained while she's recuperating. She is a really sweet kid, and everyone has been pulling for her in my family. Which is enormous, by the way. :animwink: (To give you a rough estimate, over 80 people showed up this weekend for a family reunion in Maine, all on my mom's side. And that's not the entire clan.)
Everyone loves MJ... and have the deepest respect and awe for Bonny and Andrew.

Oh, and Bree wanted me to tell you that she's going to send MJ some drawings for her wall. They had been meant for the hospital room, because "hospital rooms are so sterile and boring. They have no personality..." :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom