An All-Nighter PTR!

Who: Me (Patrick) and my mom (Karen...happy mother's day!)
Why: A Monstrous Summer kickoff in Magic Kingdom and a birthday/master's degree/mother's day present :)
Where: All-Star Sports for one night
When: May 23rd-May 25th

I saw on this site that MK was going to be open for 24 hours like they were on leap day last year and my mom and I (the biggest Disney freaks in our family) REALLY wanted to go. Last Saturday night, we were celebrating my birthday at Outback with the family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.). So after I had some delicious cheesy fries and grilled chicken on the barbie...something mysterious was going on. My family was passing cards under the table and they kept talking to our waitress. After we were done with our main courses, I got ice cream with a birthday candle! And I thought that was the surprise ;) So after I had to ASK my family to sing me happy birthday before I blew out the candle and made my wish (you can guess what that was) my mom handed me THREE birthday cards. The first labeled Patrick, the second Miles (my middle name), and the third my last name. The first one was a basic happy birthday card but it had an airplane on it and that got me thinking, the second one was sports themed and had a confirmation number for May 23rd! and then the third had our plane tickets for just me and my mom! We always talked about just the two of us going without my sister and dad and as they say...Dreams do come true!

My Mom and I in Virginia Beach Spring Break 2013

Now it's been non stop planning. Our plane leaves Dayton on our last day of school (May 23rd) at 6:50pm and doesn't arrive MCO until 11:50pm. Then we are planning on taking DME to All Stars and getting up for MK's 6:00am opening! I got a lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 12:45pm, but NOTHING else is available for dinner in MK (not a good sign, right?) But we are going for the experience...no matter how hot, crowded, or tired we are...it is going to be amazing! :D Then we are taking a cab from the Grand Flo (we may stop at Gasparilla for a light breakfast after the park closes) for our 9:30am flight back to Louisville. We aren't going to have ANY sleep and my birthday party with my friends is that next week at Kings Island :p Our tickets were around $240 per person and our cab fare will be $63. DME wouldn't pick us up at one of the MK area hotels and I don't want to leave MK before it closes to go back to ASSR to get on the DME. But we are planning on lots of pictures and lots of souvenirs and funnel cakes!!! :D Let me know your thoughts, especially on LTT and we are pretty much pros on MK quick service, but I'd like to know some snacky ideas! Anyone go last year to know what they had open in the middle of the night? I'm hoping Disney will release more details.

Well, adios...TR will be whenever I wake up from this crazy journey :)

PS- First PTR...how'd I do??? :confused:

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
UPDATE!!!!

I just got ressies at 9:25pm. Is it possible to view wishes from there? The show starts at 10pm so if we get seated right away and get served quickly the maybe it's possible? Never dined here before so I'm kind of excited! :)

Raven66

UPDATE!!!!

I just got ressies at 9:25pm. Is it possible to view wishes from there? The show starts at 10pm so if we get seated right away and get served quickly the maybe it's possible? Never dined here before so I'm kind of excited! :)
I don't know if I missed it or you are just so excited you didn't put where you got the 9:25 ressies at. :D

I hope you and your mom have a wonderful time. It made me think that I would love to take my daughter on a trip just her and I. Every time I mention it tho my husband is like no way you are going on a family fun trip without me:eek: Gotta love him.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
UPDATE!!!!

Same as noted...where are the 9:25 ADRs at?

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
I don't know if I missed it or you are just so excited you didn't put where you got the 9:25 ressies at. :D

I hope you and your mom have a wonderful time. It made me think that I would love to take my daughter on a trip just her and I. Every time I mention it tho my husband is like no way you are going on a family fun trip without me:eek: Gotta love him.
Same as noted...where are the 9:25 ADRs at?
Ohhhhhh I feel stupid lol :p It's at the Plaza haha. It was the only thing available in MK for dinner :)

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
On our way to the airport for our 6:50pm flight to Orlando! It's looking kind of gloomy here in Dayton but the weather channel says it will be 76* when we land around 11. Yay!!!!! :D

ImagineerDude

Original Poster
Ugh. So our flight is delayed a half hour so now we will not be arriving at MCO until 12:20am which means we'll be going to bed even LATER :( Oh well could be worse. But we are still planning on making it to MK for the opening tomorrow (In like 8 hours)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom