Am I the only One

hrcollectibles

Original Poster
That avoids reading reports of new rides and attractions. I like the element of surprise. I am the same way when it comes to movies I try to avoid any reviews as not to spoil the experience. Like Up! for example I really want to see it and have avoided listening to podcasts that mention they have a review of the movie coming up...

Mukta

I avoid spoilers for movies and tv shows. I avoid spoilers for rides if I can get to them within the next few months. If I am a year away from seeing it live, I watch it on youtube.

CAPTAIN HOOK

No - you're not alone.

I too avoid all the posts regarding new rides/attractions and will make my own informed opinion when I've ridden it,

Prior to our last couple of trips I avoided all EE. MS andToy Story Midway Mania threads.

forevermickey

I do read them - but depending on what is said, I may get a little bummed out. Don't get me wrong, I love reading all the info on this site and meeting all the people and seeing all the pictures of the one thing we all are so passionate about, BUT sometimes reading some of the neg. info takes some of the magic out of my sails, until I get back in the park and I forget about all I read.

DisneyPrincess5

I definitely read them.
Because I have read enough to know that people have such different opinions and descriptions of things that no matter what they say, it'll be brand new to me and they will always miss a detail or two.

Now, when it comes to watching youtube videos of new rides...I definitely don't!
That gives the whole thing away.

Steve-B

I avoid spoilers for movies and tv shows. I avoid spoilers for rides if I can get to them within the next few months. If I am a year away from seeing it live, I watch it on youtube.
Me too. I like just enough info to decide in advance if I want to try it.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Movies, TV, and books I don't like to be spoiled.
However, I go to WDW so rarely...
For example, on EE, if I hadn't been looking for that yeti, I barely would have had a chance to look at him. Since I knew he was coming, though, I had time to apprecaite the details I would have otherwise missed out on.

DizneyPryncess

I read about it, but don't watch videos. I wouldn't have as much interest in riding it if I had virtually ridden it on my computer. I don't mind reading about things, because articles sometimes make me look even more forward to seeing new attractions.

agent86

That avoids reading reports of new rides and attractions. I like the element of surprise. I am the same way when it comes to movies I try to avoid any reviews as not to spoil the experience. Like Up! for example I really want to see it and have avoided listening to podcasts that mention they have a review of the movie coming up...

I'm sure you're not the only one, but there are definitely more Disney fans who DO like reading reports of new rides and attractions than there are who don't. Otherwise, what would be the point of sites like this one?

luvlifeinfl

I do not mind reading of up coming projects or rides, just like to feel like i know a inside info, but as far as staying on top of the day to day status, I want a little element of surprise.

protiius

I also like to know some details...perhaps the concept, the location etc however, i avoid learning too much about a new attraction because i enjoy the suprise too much!!

I like to have some idea what I'm getting into (roller coaster, show, ride with terrifying dinosaurs making me scream), but not too much. I don't read any reviews prior to going on something new because I'm afraid they may influence my experience.

For example, I went to the MILF with my sister, and we had a great time....thought it was hilarious. Had I read all the negative reviews, I may have gone in with some prejudice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom