Am I mistaken?

Amy Shelton

Original Poster
Ugh, please don't break my heart.

So I've made our room only reservations through my cast member uncle for our stay in September. For our last trip I was able to call afterwards and add the Disney Dining Plan. Well I jus called and they said now my uncle would have to call and cancel my reservation, make a new one and as a package?? Will that increase the price(other than the obvious dining increase)? I asked if I had to add tickets and she said no.

Also, does this change our payment due time and cancelation policy?

Please help!

crispy

I didn't think you could add the dining plan when you were using a cast member discount because it was a room-only discount. I am interested in the responses.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I didn't think you could add the dining plan when you were using a cast member discount because it was a room-only discount. I am interested in the responses.
Yes you can always add the dining with room only discounts! We always use room only discounts and always add the dining plan. We had been doing this as long as I can remember and did this year as well for the add on portion of our DVC stay. We added 3 days with a room only discount and also added the dining plan. Before we joined DVC this past year we always booked room only discounts because they saved us more than free dining and we always added dining and tickets to the room only discount.
Also for cast member room discounts they usually can add the dining plan and not have to add tickets just like a passholder can. :)

sxeensweet

Doesn't sound right I add it on as a DVC member with a room only.
Correct that's what I thought too that does not sound right. Cast members, passholders, and DVC using room only discounts can always add the dining , and regular guest can always add dining to room only discounts if they add tickets too.
She should not have to add tickets and still be able to get the dining with the cast member room only discount. Should only cost the price of adding the dining plan and that's it. Only a regular guest has to add both with the room only discount. :)
It will though change your cancelation to 45+ days for full refund, and you will have to pay it off by 45 days prior if you add the dining.

Bparso87

Correct that's what I thought too that does not sound right. Cast members, passholders, and DVC using room only discounts can always add the dining , and regular guest can always add dining to room only discounts if they add tickets too.
She should not have to add tickets and still be able to get the dining with the cast member room only discount. Should only cost the price of adding the dining plan and that's it. Only a regular guest had to add both with the room only discount. :)
If they keep giving u trouble just add on at the hotel. I love the DDP just to have food payed for but even if you can't get u can eat cheaper then the dinning plan

sxeensweet

She should not have to add tickets and still be able to get the dining with the cast member room only discount. Should only cost the price of adding the dining plan and that's it. Only a regular guest has to add both with the room only discount. :)
It will though change your cancelation to 45+ days for full refund, and you will have to pay it off by 45 days prior if you add the dining.
Forgot to add that technically they say they cancel and rebook as "package" because what they consider a "package" is adding something to it like dining but it should not chance the price except for
The cost of the dining plan etc. So them saying that really is just adding the dining and should not change anything with the room only discount except the cancelation policy and payment due time frame. :)

Bparso87

Forgot to add that technically they say they cancel and rebook as "package" because what they consider a "package" is adding something to it like dining but it should not chance the price except for
The cost of the dining plan etc. So them saying that really is just adding the dining and should not change anything with the room only discount except the cancelation policy and payment due time frame. :)
The one thing I did have an issue with before was upgrading tickets I could on do tat at guest relations.

Amy Shelton

Original Poster
Why does it change it to a package now? For our 2013 trip we were able to add it no problem and didn't pay the last bit of our balance until we actually checked in. When did this 45 days thing happen?

Amy Shelton

Original Poster
Also, we are both actors so I am really worried about this 45 days full refund thing. IF for some reason something came up within like 10 days of our trip, could we atleast move the dates around?

crispy

Woot! Thanks for this thread. I just added dining to my reservation. I didn't have to cancel, she just added it and told me the balance. She also said this was the last year they would allow you to do this.

Amy Shelton

Original Poster
Woot! Thanks for this thread. I just added dining to my reservation. I didn't have to cancel, she just added it and told me the balance. She also said this was the last year they would allow you to do this.

Wahhhh! Why can't I do it??? Is your reservation in 2014? Mine is in 2015.

crispy

Mine is 2014. The cast member I talked to did say they were discontinuing this after this year so that's probably what's going on. My friend, whose family is traveling with us, had a lot of trouble adding it to her reservation when I called to tell her about it this morning and ended up having to call twice to make it happen because the cast member had no idea about it.

sxeensweet

Glad we could help! :)
Hmmmm! Crazy I have not heard that they will not let people add dining or tickets to room only discount rooms after this year. Take it with a grain of salt because they have been known to give wrong info to people before! May be true and it may not be. I highly doubt it because they would not refuse people wanting to give them MORE money by buying a dining plan or tickets etc!! Lol.
Also I do not know if with Cast Member discounts they make you follow the regular cancelation plans. I was just stating what has happened to me as non cast member when adding to a room only discount. :)

crispy

Glad we could help! :)
Hmmmm! Crazy I have not heard that they will not let people add dining or tickets to room only discount rooms after this year. Take it with a grain of salt because they have been known to give wrong info to people before! May be true and it may not be. I highly doubt it because they would not refuse people wanting to give them MORE money by buying a dining plan or tickets etc!! Lol.
Also I do not know if with Cast Member discounts they make you follow the regular cancelation plans. I was just stating what has happened to me as non cast member when adding to a room only discount. :)

After running the numbers, it appears that she gave me a the cast member discounted rate so she may have meant they would no longer do the dining plan at a discount for friends and family. She appeared very knowledgeable. We are going with another family, and they had a hard time even trying to book. I suggested to her that she ask the cast member to look at my reservation and see what the original agent did, an that worked without any issues.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions! This saved me a lot of money.

sxeensweet

After running the numbers, it appears that she gave me a the cast member discounted rate so she may have meant they would no longer do the dining plan at a discount for friends and family. She appeared very knowledgeable. We are going with another family, and they had a hard time even trying to book. I suggested to her that she ask the cast member to look at my reservation and see what the original agent did, an that worked without any issues.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions! This saved me a lot of money.
Glad i could help! So happy it all worked out for you!!!! :)

Amy Shelton

Original Poster
Woooo! All is well in the world! Sorta. The cast member did say that in 2015 when you book with the cast member other guest room discount you had to make it a package, even if you don't want the cast member discount meal plan. So I had to cancel my original reservations and make a new one but I still got everything that I wanted. We do have to have it paid off 45 days before but hopefully everything will work out!!! Thanks everyone!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom