Am I cutting it too close?

VTdisneytravel

Original Poster
I am flying into Orlando Airport on 7/2 @ 11:15 AM. I am taking the Magical Express to Pop Century to drop off my luggage, then using Disney's bus to Hollywood Studios for a character lunch at 2:35 PM. Am I cutting it too close? Do you think I will have enough time?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I am flying into Orlando Airport on 7/2 @ 11:15 AM. I am taking the Magical Express to Pop Century to drop off my luggage, then using Disney's bus to Hollywood Studios for a character lunch at 2:35 PM. Am I cutting it too close? Do you think I will have enough time?
It will be tight, but possible. Assuming your flight lands right on time, it will take you about 15 -20 minutes to get to where ME is in the airport (depending on which gate you landed at and how far you have to go). Longer if you have to deal with baggage claim.

The rest depends largely on how busy Magical Express is that day, and what other resorts are on it's drop off list for your specific route (it changed due to demand, but you'll probably share with AoA and maybe CBR?

The whole thing, on a good day, takes about an hour. Then, assuming you've done online check in, check in should take about 10 minutes.

Then you'll need to get your stuff to the room and head off to the park, a process that can easily take another 45 mins to an hour (depending on your family and how long you have to wait for a HS bus).

So, doable? Yes. Tight? Yes.

I'd recommend you use the yellow ME luggage tag service for this, so you can skip over baggage claim and go strait to ME. They'll mail tags to you with your welcome packet. Simply put them on your bags before checking them at departure. When you come back from the parks, your bags should have "magically" appeared in your room.

Then all you'll be dropping off in your room are your carry on bags. That should buy you some time.

Last edited:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As others have said, it'll likely be tight, but you should make it. Presuming your flight is on time, how close you'll be cutting it will depend on whether you are the first stop of your DME bus or the last.

A couple notes. First, your room may not be ready, so you need to be comfortable dropping your carry-ons at hotel as well. Second, even you are a bit late (even up to 1/2 an hour) for your ADR, they'll probably get you in. No guarantee of course, but there's a little flexibility at least.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As others have said, it'll likely be tight, but you should make it. Presuming your flight is on time, how close you'll be cutting it will depend on whether you are the first stop of your DME bus or the last.

A couple notes. First, your room may not be ready, so you need to be comfortable dropping your carry-ons at hotel as well. Second, even you are a bit late (even up to 1/2 an hour) for your ADR, they'll probably get you in. No guarantee of course, but there's a little flexibility at least.
To clarify this for the OP...you can check your carry on bags at Bell Services if your room isn't ready yet (or even if it is, but you decide you want to just skip the trip to the room due to time and head straight to the parks).

At Pop, it's located just outside of the ME "main" lobby entrance. As you get off the bus, look to the right and you'll see it (as you face the lobby). You can drop stuff off here, and pick it up later.

Also, while I've not tested this, I think I've read that you will need to do room check in first to activate your bands for your trip, I believe...so, it's not like you can skip check in altogether and just drop your bags off as soon as you get off ME and head to the park.

Given your time constraints, though, I once again emphasize that you should seriously consider using the Yellow Tag option to eliminate a Baggage Claim stop at the airport, and you should fully complete online check-in the day before so you can use the express line at the front desk.

daisyduckie

I don't think it is "plenty" of time. You will be cutting it close. And if you miss your ADR you will be charged the no show fee. I would push your ADR back and hour or two if possible.

JasonDeyoung

You should be fine as long as no major flight delays. I made it from MCO at 1030am to Pop to AK to MK by 2pm so it's possible lol

CheshireCat12

I agree that you should be fine- best case scenario you arrive at 11:15, go down to DME area, wait a bit, get on bus and ride to resort- arriving around 12:30 or 12:45ish. Drop your bags either in room if ready or Bell Services, may take another 20 min. or so. Bus to DHS maybe 30-45 min. between waiting and riding. Now it's close to 2 PM.
If your flight is delayed you likely will not make it though.

MorganKelly

Arriving on 7/2, I think the lines at DME will be rather long, not to mention crowds at MCO. The Disney folks do a good job of moving things along, but we've had some 15-20 minute waits at times. Personally, I 'd feel more comfortable moving the ADR back if possible. There are just too many variables you can't control. You might want to think about switching to a taxi or towncar to your resort. No intermediate stops (which eat up time). But of course an additional expense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom