Am I crazy to try to rent points for Thanksgiving and day after?

21stamps

Original Poster
Hi all!

Need opinions before I actually apply.
Looking for AKV Savanna View Club Level preferably. 11/24-11/26 2016. Is it worth trying for?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Hi all!

Need opinions before I actually apply.
Looking for AKV Savanna View Club Level preferably. 11/24-11/26 2016. Is it worth trying for?

There is very few available DVC club level rooms and members usually snag them first at 11 months out window, but it does not hurt to try. Also that is a very busy week so it may make it even harder. :)
I even own at AKV and those rarely are available when I look at 11 months out. Lol :)

21stamps

Original Poster
Thanks, that's what I figured. :(. In May I was told that SSR, AKV, and OKW were only places that still had availability.. Have no idea about room types though.. And now we're in July. Chances are probably slim and maybe I should just book thru Disney.

sxeensweet

Thanks, that's what I figured. :(. In May I was told that SSR, AKV, and OKW were only places that still had availability.. Have no idea about room types though.. And now we're in July. Chances are probably slim and maybe I should just book thru Disney.

Why not just do a regular Savannah view room at Kidani or Jambo not on club level? Kidani in my opinion is our preference as the rooms are larger and nicer than at Jambo. You shouldn't have a problem snagging a room at Kidnai by renting points now or booking direct with a room offer possibly that will soon come out for late fall. Renting points at Kidani is fairly easy though usually. ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
Why not just do a regular Savannah view room at Kidani or Jambo not on club level? Kidani in my opinion is our preference as the rooms are larger and nicer than at Jambo. You shouldn't have a problem snagging a room at Kidnai by renting points now or booking direct with a room offer possibly that will soon come out for late fall. Renting points at Kidani is fairly easy though usually. ;)
I hope I'm allowed to ask this here,

Is there any DVC rental websites that do not charge before checking availability?

I think my chances of a room discount with a check in on thanksgiving are slim to none unfortunately.

sxeensweet

Is there any DVC rental websites that do not charge before checking availability?

I think my chances of a room discount with a check in on thanksgiving are slim to none unfortunately.

I'm not sure of any that don't charge off hand but I also never rented points. We always booked DVC rooms direct before we joined DVC in 2013. And we also always used a room discount but never checked in Thanksgiving day and usually checked in the week after Thanksgiving when we go around Christmastime. So yes very possible checking in on that day and not before that day you probably won't qualify for a room discount. Lol ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
I'm not sure of any that don't charge off hand but I also never rented points. We always booked DVC rooms direct before we joined DVC in 2013. And we also always used a room discount but never checked in Thanksgiving day and usually checked in the week after Thanksgiving when we go around Christmastime. So yes very possible checking in on that day and not before that day you probably won't qualify for a room discount. Lol ;)
My second part of the stay is 12/3-12/7, so I'm hoping to be able to switch my current reservation to a room discount later this month!

sxeensweet

My second part of the stay is 12/3-12/7, so I'm hoping to be able to switch my current reservation to a room discount later this month!

Yes those dates usually always have a room discount available in the past. We have traveled those dates often. :)

21stamps

Original Poster
This will be my son's, and also my first time ever at WDW during the Christmas festivities. I'm super excited!! Will be even more excited if get 30% off!!lol

Did you enjoy that week, was it relatively low crowd time? Our last trip was 9 nights in 2015 checking in the day before Labor Day. Crowds were higher than I expected once Labor Day weekend ended, but still better than summer. I'm hoping for even lower crowds this time.

EOD K9

Sometimes you can rent from individual members.

dreamfinder

Regardless of the date, the AKL Club level rooms go pretty much right at the 11 month booking window. AKL is the only location that have DVC club rooms, so they are in demand.

21stamps

Original Poster
http://dvcrentalstore.com
No upfront fees. I've used them before, no issues.
Thank you! I received my quote back this morning- wow I could save so much money renting!!!! 2 nights for less than the price of 1!!!

Here's the bad news for me- only availability is -BLT, Poly, GF (I need to avoid the MK area, it's a surprise trip after the cruise at the Contemporary) and lastly- OKW. :(

Thanks again for the website, I'll be saving it and hopefully using in the future!

21stamps

Original Poster
Resurrecting this thread to beg for help--

I need 1 night at BLT or Poly Or GF, heck I'd take anything right now.. For 12/7

Could someone please tell me if there is any availability at all?

I need to add a day at WDW and our resort is booked. Slim pickings of everything else as well :(. Hoping for a chance DVC opening.

lostpro9het

Resurrecting this thread to beg for help--

I need 1 night at BLT or Poly Or GF, heck I'd take anything right now.. For 12/7

Could someone please tell me if there is any availability at all?

I need to add a day at WDW and our resort is booked. Slim pickings of everything else as well :(. Hoping for a chance DVC opening.
At this moment here is what is available inside the bubble:
BLT
2bdrm 40points
AKL: Kidani
3bdrm 75points
VGF
3bdrm 112points

21stamps

Original Poster
At this moment here is what is available inside the bubble:
BLT
2bdrm 40points
AKL: Kidani
3bdrm 75points
VGF
3bdrm 112points
Thank you!! Ugh. The only realistic one is BLT, it's still cheaper than the handful of Disney rooms left. Was there anything in the Epcot area?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom