Am i crazy to breakup with someone over WDW? Advice PLease!!!

sublimesting

First time wife and I went to Disney.. I swore I would NEVER GO BACK... it was crowded, hot, and I hated it..we went for our first -year anniversary as a present to her...

My wife grew up on Disney, I never went until I was nearly 18....

Then we had kids... brought my first-born.. and when he smiled and laughed at "Bear" from Bear in the Big Blue House.. I told her we are coming back from now on....

Don't lose hope.. people can change...
images

Kind of posted a bit too late....

BawanaBrandon

Original Poster
Wow, I can't believe out of the choice me and Disney or nothing she went with the option of nothing. Now I am sure there is a nice eligible single gal on this site who will be at Disney on those dates. You should start a new thread.

lol....yeah but its the best in the end for sure. I feel better already:)

Im not sure what i would call the new thread....Any ideas? lol

BawanaBrandon

Original Poster
"We'll always have Disney World...no wait, just me!"[/QUOTE]

I think i like this the best lol.....I cant imagine the replies i would get to such a thread. :)

SuperSaint

Honestly man, looking back on this thread, you made the right choice. Enjoy your next trip and take an extra long look at the ladies and princesses.

All the best to you with your newly found freedom. Enjoy it for a while. Your trip will be wonderful. I agree with everyone here that a marriage/committed relationship is all about compromise. She wasn't the one for you. Someone will come along, probably right around the time you aren't looking for her.

epcotWSC

I skipped through this thread, but has she ever even attempted to go to Disney (as an adult)? I mean if she's never tried it and refuses to go that's just messed up. I mean a free trip to spend time with you and she won't go?

If she's gone and hates it then there's nothing you can do. However, if she even refuses to try it, that's just silly. This isn't some life changing thing, it's a trip to Disney. If my gf likes to do something that I don't like, then the least I can do is try it and see if I'd like doing it too.

Luckily, my gf is a Disney lover (she converted me). Although I think my love for the parks has surpassed hers.. although she had been going to WDW for every vacation from since she was like 6 til last year (something like 14 years straight), haha.

Personally, I think if it's something that you truly love, then it should be an issue if she can't even tolerate it. If she rips on you every time you go then that's an issue. As I said, it's one thing to tolerate it and just go along with it, and another thing to give you crap about something you are passionate about.

Don't look at it as a matter of you breaking up because she's not a Disney Lover. Whether it's Disney or the beach, or movies... Your passion is your passion. The person you love does not have to share every passion with you. However, the fact that she questions your passion, and belittles it is just not right and it's a much bigger problem than her not loving Mickey.

It seems that she may just be a negative person all around. Everyone has been in a relationship with someone who was totally "geeked" out with something that maybe we didn't understand. But ignorance is not an excuse to belittle that person's passion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom