Already have Fastpass versus not having one...

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Is it easier to update the time of the Fastpass+ that I already have than trying to get one in the first place or do they just come available for everyone regardless whether you already have one for that attraction?

JillC LI

If you already have one for a particular attraction that is in one of the parks with tiers, you won't be able to get a second one until you finish your first three. If you are just trying to replace a FP+ for one attraction with a FP+ for another attraction, it shouldn't make any difference I don't think if you have 1 or none booked. If you have 3 booked, then you will have to replace one before you can add a 4th. Does that answer your question?

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Here's an example because my question probably wasn't clear: My husband and I already have Fastpasses for 7DMT (as one of our 3), but my daughter doesn't have a 7DMT fastpass. Does the online system show different results for people already WITH Fastpasses that just want to change times than people that don't have a Fastpass for that attraction in the first place? In other words, do you have a better chance of modifying existing plans or adding a fastpass from the beginning? Just curious if anyone has heard any inside info from CM's about this.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
In the case of 7DMT, your daughter has a better chance of getting a single FP than you will have modifying your existing time. Single FPs for extremely popular attractions like 7DMT are easier to get day before or day of (as people cancel.) If you try to modify your time you will probably get the "there are no more times available" message.

This applies to Frozen Ever After and Flight of Passage as well. Any other attractions in the parks are much easier to modify.

Hurricane Sandy

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TRADE FAST PASSES WITH....I currently have 4 fastpass+ for Avatar Flight of Passage on 9/5/17 (4:10 pm - 5:10 pm). I would like to trade my 4 9/5/17 fastpass+ for 4 9/2/17 fastpass+ for Avatar Flight of Passage. I made my resort reservations well in advance and booked my fastpass+ early morning on the 60th day out; however, I have since had to shorten/move my vacation dates due to my daughter's college class schedule. I was able to re-work all of my fastpasses except Avatar Flight of Passage. I am still holding the 9/5/17 fastpass+ for Avatar Flight of Passage hoping that I can trade it or a cast member at Disney will let me switch it. I asked the cast member on the phone when I changed my resort reservations and they weren't able to help me. ;(

Last edited:

Rob562

I currently have 4 fastpass+ for Avatar Flight of Passage on 9/5/17 (4:10 pm - 5:10 pm). I would like to trade my 4 9/5/17 fastpass+ for 4 9/2/17 fastpass+ for Avatar Flight of Passage. I made my resort reservations well in advance and booked my fastpass+ early morning on the 60th day out; however, I have since had to shorten/move my vacation dates due to my daughter's college class schedule. I was able to re-work all of my fastpasses except Avatar Flight of Passage. I am still holding the 9/5/17 fastpass+ for Avatar Flight of Passage hoping that I can trade it or a cast member at Disney will let me switch it. I asked the cast member on the phone when I changed my resort reservations and they weren't able to help me. ;(

If there's no availability, then there's nothing CM's can do for you. Your best bet is to keep trying.

-Rob

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
In the case of 7DMT, your daughter has a better chance of getting a single FP than you will have modifying your existing time. Single FPs for extremely popular attractions like 7DMT are easier to get day before or day of (as people cancel.) If you try to modify your time you will probably get the "there are no more times available" message.

This applies to Frozen Ever After and Flight of Passage as well. Any other attractions in the parks are much easier to modify.

Thank you so much for the tip--I'm doing a lot of "refreshing" on my computer hoping to get something. Hopefully something will open up for her by the time we go next week. Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom