Allstar Movies Preferred Rooms

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
When we stay allstars it's typically a preferred room at sports but it came up that we could do a last minute trip in October and booked what was available which was a preferred room at movies. For those of you who have stayed at both can you tell me which buildings at movies compare to the surf's up buildings at sports (buildings 1 and 6)? We only very rarely use the buses it's mainly the food court area 1st then pool 2nd that are our priorities. Just debating on room request with online check in. Thanks!

Rob562

When we stay allstars it's typically a preferred room at sports but it came up that we could do a last minute trip in October and booked what was available which was a preferred room at movies. For those of you who have stayed at both can you tell me which buildings at movies compare to the surf's up buildings at sports (buildings 1 and 6)? We only very rarely use the buses it's mainly the food court area 1st then pool 2nd that are our priorities. Just debating on room request with online check in. Thanks!

For layout equivalent, Fantasia buildings 5 and 8 are the same position as Surfs Up at Sports. (Buildings on either side of the pool right behind the main building)
However I believe there are some Preferred rooms in both 101 Dalmatians and Toy Story, which are to the left and right of the main building.

-Rob

MickeyMomV

The last time we were there and booked a preferred room they put in Fantasia (8000 building) just off the elevators facing the center courtyard but not overlooking the pool.

Rob562

So color me VERY surprised... I just used the Touring Plans room-finder function to look at which rooms were Preferred at Movies. Since the layout of the buildings is similar to Pop Century (at least in the immediate area near the food court) I figured it would follow the same designations, where 2/3 of the 60's buildings are Preferred, but there are also Preferred rooms in the closest sections of the buidlings on either side of the food court.

Nope. Turns out *ALL* of Fantasia, Toy Story and Dalmatians are considered Preferred. That means a full 60% of rooms at Movies are in the Preferred category. The only Standard rooms are in Love Bug and Mighty Ducks.

Heck, if I were staying at Movies I'd book a Standard and request a room at the far end of Mighty Ducks. Many of those rooms are actually closer to Music's food court and bus stops than they are to Movies'...

-Rob

mf1972

we've mostly stayed in the fantasia section for a preferred room. good location & close to the lobby & food court. had a pool view once & didn't find it bad at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom