Allowed to share meals?

decbysteph

Original Poster
My husband and I have lost a lot of weight over the last several months (I've lost 55 and he has lost 40, so far...) We LOVE food, and are looking forward to blowing our diet off when we get to WDW! However, we just can't eat the "amount" that we used to. We have the Dining Plan, so I'm wondering if at the nicer table service restaurants if one of us could just order an appetizer or salad (and pay out of pocket), and then we could split the other persons meal and use the dining plan for it. Then maybe we can stretch our dining plan table service meals that use 2 for "signature restaurants". I know some of the restaurants where we live will charge a fee for sharing a meal. Anyone have any input??

tigsmom

We have shared things before and have not had a problem. We've never used the meal plan so things may be different with that. I'm sure somebody with more knowledge will come along soon. Have a nice trip! :wave:

shoppingnut

The way to do it is simple. Just tell the waiter/waitress that one of you is on the dining plan and the other is not and they will do a separate check for you and you can pay out of pocket for those items.

Kadee

shoppingnut said:
The way to do it is simple. Just tell the waiter/waitress that one of you is on the dining plan and the other is not and they will do a separate check for you and you can pay out of pocket for those items.

GREAT idea!!!! :sohappy: My husband has no trouble finishing his meals, but my daughter and I rarely eat even half of our table service meals. This "trick" or "strategy" could save us money on breakfast!!! Now I see why you have the name and signature you do!!! THANKS!

dreamscometrue

The only time we thought of doing this was on the last day of our latest trip (Jan., 2006), after we finished eating at the Whispering Canyon. There was simply too much food to finish (and we went in very hungry). Our waitress suggested that next time, use 2 DDP table service meals (for the 4 of us) and pay for the few extras. That would have given us 2 nacho platters (appetizers) and 2 large meals, along with desserts and bottomless shakes. Paying for a couple of extra drinks would have been plenty of food. The nacho platters would have served as meals for my teenaged daughter and my mother, who is a senior.

Ask your server about this in advance, and I'm sure they will be accommodating. We found that the servers were very helpful with DDP info at all 10 restaurants at which we ate.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom