allegiant air

LesaGirlWalton

Original Poster
We are flying Allegiant Air out of Roanoke. I understand they are a small airline. Just wondering if anyone else has flown with them before.

maelstrom

I just flew on Allegiant to get here and I had no problems with them. I've also flown with them before and had no problems. They're a-ok. Just remember that they don't serve beverages or snacks in-flight for free.

JimboJones123

If there were problems -- they would have crashed a bunch and it would probably be on the news... oh -- you mean service.. don't know.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm mad @ allegiant right now...they're not flying from July 15-Nov 1 from my town so I had a choose another airline (and pay WAY more) because of it. Their reason for not flying is b/c it's a slow time of year (understandably). But if I get the opportunity to fly them I will, I've heard good things about them.

We just returned from our trip (May 19th-26th). This was our first time using Allegiant Air (out of Toledo, Ohio) and we were very pleased. We will be using them again for our next trip. Also If you are flying into Orlando Sanford airport, I think you will be pleasantly suprised. It is much smaller than MCO, which makes security much better and the entire airport easier to navigate. All in all we were very pleased with the whole experience.

MaryMcMagic

How was the transfer to WDW? You probably rented a car...Hmmm...Allegiant also flies out of Youngstown, and we've considered using them but we usually don't rent a car for our vacation. I'll have to look into how much a taxi or any sort of transfer would be. Any input appreciated!

miles1

maisco30 said:
How was the transfer to WDW? You probably rented a car...Hmmm...Allegiant also flies out of Youngstown, and we've considered using them but we usually don't rent a car for our vacation. I'll have to look into how much a taxi or any sort of transfer would be. Any input appreciated!

Ditto. We're flying Allegiant for the first time into Sanford in August, and renting a car. Does anyone know how long the drive is from Sanford to WDW? We have dinner ressies that evening.

maelstrom

miles1 said:
Ditto. We're flying Allegiant for the first time into Sanford in August, and renting a car. Does anyone know how long the drive is from Sanford to WDW? We have dinner ressies that evening.

It's about 45-60 minutes depending on traffic. :wave:

tednvon

Hello!

take the 417 tollway south...I-4 if free but very busy and not worth the few bucks to take the toll. When you get close to the end of 417 check the exit signs for where you are going...
If you are staying off property out off hwy 192 or hwy 217 take Exit 2 at Celebration...If staying on property follow the earlier signs...

About 50 minutes or so but a very easy drive on the tollway...you will go by Orlando Interntional airport about 30 minutes from Sanford and then 20 more minutes to the exits you want...

FYI the extra drive is MORE THAN WORTH IT to skip all the hassel at Orlando International, especially flying home, the check in and security is a breeze compared to the long lines at MCO...

all the best...Ted

Maisco- We did rent a car from Alamo, which was also a very plesant experience. There was no line at the counter and it was under $200 for a compact for the entire week. When you consider what a taxi would cost and the convenience of being able to go to a grocery store or restaurant outside the world it is worth it. You also get free parking at the parks and your resort, so there is no additional cost there. To be honest I can't imagine being down there without a car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom