All things Knotts Berry Farm

PiratesMansion

I honestly can't tell what makes fried chicken good or bad. They all kind of taste the same to me. Be if KFC, Knotts, wherever.
I'd be lying if I said I had an objective criteria. It all comes down to 100% subjective personal taste.

I feel like Knott's chicken tends to be dry compared to other examples; perhaps that's the root of my distaste for it. That and the hype machine that doesn't usually come with fried chicken elsewhere.

Professortango1

I'd be lying if I said I had an objective criteria. It all comes down to 100% subjective personal taste.

I feel like Knott's chicken tends to be dry compared to other examples; perhaps that's the root of my distaste for it. That and the hype machine that doesn't usually come with fried chicken elsewhere.
I get it. The hype kills things for me if I don't know them beforehand. I had the same thing with tamales. "Ooohh, it is tamale season, order them before they are gone." I had one, its just a corn meal burrito. Good, but nothing I would go crazy over. I'd rather just have a burrito.

Parteecia

I get it. The hype kills things for me if I don't know them beforehand. I had the same thing with tamales. "Ooohh, it is tamale season, order them before they are gone." I had one, its just a corn meal burrito. Good, but nothing I would go crazy over. I'd rather just have a burrito.
Ah but an excellent one can be transcendent.

Professortango1

Ah but an excellent one can be transcendent.
I've had what others call excellent ones. Still just a corn-meal burrito for me. Now, eating a great steak I do get as it melts like butter in your mouth. A great gooey brownie or cookie hits the spot. But maybe it was the hype around tamales and fried chicken that made them all taste kind of the same and okay to good, but never rave-worthy.

Phroobar

Original Poster
It's funny how the theme park doesn't have fried chicken available. It is all rotisserie chicken unless the Ghost Town Grill has fried chicken. That place isn't' on the meal plan.

Nirya

I had Knotts fried chicken a few months ago and yeah, I think nostalgia was clouding my opinion of it because it was not great. Just super dry for everyone at the table.

TP2000

I honestly can't tell what makes fried chicken good or bad. They all kind of taste the same to me. Be if KFC, Knotts, wherever.

About twice per year I get a craving for Kentucky Fried Chicken, and I say out loud to no one in particular "I need to go visit the Colonel".

And so I do. Drive-thru. 3 piece meal. Original Recipe, please. Corn and Cole Slaw as sides. Root Beer as beverage.

But whenever I've been to Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant, I always get the chicken dumplings. And they're very good.

joush89

Disneyland resort district created a bubble so Anaheim can't get into it. I wonder if Knotts can do the same with an expansion and moving of backstage facilities as buffer. Probably Cedar Fair doesn't have the cash or political power to do it.

They have parking lots on all four sides of the property. But they have Beach Blvd running directly across their property. If they could privatize Western Ave and use that parking lot for backstage, that would stop bad guys on that side. A parking structure could be added to the main parking lot with the entrance near the tunnel under Beach is. Grand Ave would be removed. There would be hotel expansion. Two large tunnels would be added under Beach. The expansion next to Soak City could be used for hotel parking or shopping. A sound wall would be built along Beach with just an entrance and exit to the park on it.

I think this is what Disney would have done if they bought the property and turned it into Disney America like what was planned in the 90's. I think Disney would have boughten out those houses on the lower left and moved the Berry Marketplace there.

View attachment 654279
Where would the staff parking go?

Phroobar

Original Poster
It might be a replacement for both of those rides. They are pretty old. The last time Camp Snoopy got something new was 2014. Anyone peek over the fence to see if both rides have been removed?

PiratesMansion

I'm in town for my DLR trip, and today I fit in my customary Knott's visit. Fiesta Village looks REALLY nice, and there was even some fireworks (!) going off around 9 as part of some kind of evening celebration. Montezuma is still missing track pieces (and the loop) and isn't listed on the rides closed signs out front.

Knott's has joined the 21st century and now has Evolv security scanners. *Glares at Disneyland*

It was noticeably less crowded this time around vs. last year, although the fact that it wasn't Saturday helped, as did the heat. Plenty of summer camps doing field trips, but they weren't particularly disruptive.

But boy was it hot today, and unlike Universal, it didn't really cool down significantly in the evening. Hoping that Disneyland will be better over the next several days but not holding my breath.

Looking forward to taking a much-needed rest day tomorrow before heading to DLR.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
I'm in town for my DLR trip, and today I fit in my customary Knott's visit. Fiesta Village looks REALLY nice, and there was even some fireworks (!) going off around 9 as part of some kind of evening celebration. Montezuma is still missing track pieces (and the loop) and isn't listed on the rides closed signs out front.

Knott's has joined the 21st century and now has Evolv security scanners. *Glares at Disneyland*

It was noticeably less crowded this time around vs. last year, although the fact that it wasn't Saturday helped, as did the heat. Plenty of summer camps doing field trips, but they weren't particularly disruptive.

But boy was it hot today, and unlike Universal, it didn't really cool down significantly in the evening. Hoping that Disneyland will be better over the next several days but not holding my breath.

Looking forward to taking a much-needed rest day tomorrow before heading to DLR.
Did you watch any bands? I'm going later tonight for dinner and some live bands. The Evolv security scanners have been there for a year or two. Too bad Disneyland can't afford them.

PiratesMansion

Did you watch any bands? I'm going later tonight for dinner and some live bands. The Evolv security scanners have been there for a year or two. Too bad Disneyland can't afford them.
No bands, I was on a mission to do as many of the rides I could on the limited stamina I had.

The longer the Disneyland security is the way it is, the more I think they just want to have the ability to go through people's things and bother them about it so that they can Feel Important and good about themselves. Why else would WDW have had "guests without bags" lines in 2003 and Disneyland waiting until like 2019 to do the same?

Phroobar

Original Poster
No bands, I was on a mission to do as many of the rides I could on the limited stamina I had.

The longer the Disneyland security is the way it is, the more I think they just want to have the ability to go through people's things and bother them about it so that they can Feel Important and good about themselves. Why else would WDW have had "guests without bags" lines in 2003 and Disneyland waiting until like 2019 to do the same?
It is less man power too. Knotts has like two people watching the scanners. If they see you have a bag, they push you to bag check tables.

Personally, I would like to see airport x-ray machines for bags like Universal Studios has.

iu

PiratesMansion

It is less man power too. Knotts has like two people watching the scanners. If they see you have a bag, they push you to bag check tables.

Personally, I would like to see airport x-ray machines for bags like Universal Studios has.

iu
Not necessarily. I had a bag and they waved me right through the Evolv scanner. Didn't stop me or search the bag or anything (not that there was anything that would have warranted being searched or questioned about in there).

Give me Evolv over the airport security scanners any day, although if there are some sort of "principles" preventing DL security from going to Evolv, no reason they can't just do the airport scanners. Disneyland Paris was using those in 2015. There's literally no reason or excuse for Disneyland to keep the current security setup in my eyes. It's about the least pleasant, least efficient method they could choose.

Parteecia

Not necessarily. I had a bag and they waved me right through the Evolv scanner. Didn't stop me or search the bag or anything (not that there was anything that would have warranted being searched or questioned about in there).
I've found it depends on how much metal is in my pack. I hold it out in front of me with keys in one hand and phone in the other. Umbrella size can make the difference in whether I go straight through or to secondary check.

ETA But on some visits everyone with a bag seems to be sent to inspection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom