All Star Sports Question...

Deb luvs Disney

I have a question...Everything I have seen says that rooms at the All star resorts are for a maximum of 4 guests. If you have a family of 2 parents and 3 kids (one small enough that usually sleeps with Mom and Dad anyway), does that mean that you cannot stay at these resorts unless you book 2 rooms? How do they know if you have a kid sleeping in the bed with 2 parents? Any thoughts would be appreciated. My friend is interested in staying at All Star sports with her family on their first trip to Disney because the kids saw photos and fell in love with it, but I told her I didn't know if they would be able to all 5 stay in one room..

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Debora

JPVonDrake

Deb luvs Disney said:
I have a question...Everything I have seen says that rooms at the All star resorts are for a maximum of 4 guests. If you have a family of 2 parents and 3 kids (one small enough that usually sleeps with Mom and Dad anyway), does that mean that you cannot stay at these resorts unless you book 2 rooms? How do they know if you have a kid sleeping in the bed with 2 parents? Any thoughts would be appreciated. My friend is interested in staying at All Star sports with her family on their first trip to Disney because the kids saw photos and fell in love with it, but I told her I didn't know if they would be able to all 5 stay in one room..

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Debora

All of the Disney Value Resorts can accomodate a party of 4 guests plus one infant under 3 years of age. A pack-n-play crib can be provided free of charge. If the youngest is 3 years or older, then yes you will need to book 2 rooms. This is due to Florida fire codes, and Disney cannot allow any exceptions. Guest can be evicted without refund if found violating this policy.

Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (a Moderate Resort) can accomodate a party of 5 in one room, as can most of the Deluxe Resorts.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Deb luvs Disney

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the quick responses. Unfortunately the little guy I'm talking about just turned 5 years old but is small. Since he is over 3 that means no way on one room right? I guess I don't see the difference because a child under 3 is still a person. How would they know if the were violating the policy?

Upvote 0

stitchlvr

We had the same situation, and were only able to work around it because we were with a large group for Magic Music Days, and our family of 5 each paid based on quad occupency, and another family of 3 paid quad occupency and on paper one of our kids roomed with them, but in reality we stayed together.

I don't know of any other way you could get around it, especially if you are planning the trip through Disney, as they will know how many you are traveling with etc.

Also for extra magic hours, you would only be able to get 4 room keys which are your admittance to the park for extra magic hours.

I really wish Disney would build a value resort for families larger than 4, cause we can't afford 2 rooms, even at a value resort. We have to stay off property at a cheapie motel down the street. (We were only able to stay on property because we figured out how to pay for only 1 room with our group)

Upvote 0

Woody13

Deb luvs Disney said:
Thanks so much for the quick responses. Unfortunately the little guy I'm talking about just turned 5 years old but is small. Since he is over 3 that means no way on one room right? I guess I don't see the difference because a child under 3 is still a person. How would they know if the were violating the policy?
They won't know! Only Jiminy Cricket (Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path) will know and he leaves it up to you to decide!

Upvote 0

Woody13

stitchlvr said:
Also for extra magic hours, you would only be able to get 4 room keys which are your admittance to the park for extra magic hours.
CM's must feel silly asking 5 year old children for their room keys.:lol:

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

Deb luvs Disney said:

I personally have always felt that the "fire code" explanation was bogus. I lived in Florida for quite some time, and have stayed in plenty of hotels and motels while traveling the state. Most of the time it was my parents, me and my husband, and our 2 sons. That's a total of 6. We never lied about how many of us there were, and Disney was the only place that cited the fire code reason for requiring 2 rooms. Many of the chain type places in the Orlando-Kissimmee area would give us one room, and they weren't particularly any bigger so that rationale doesn't fly either.

It would be nice if Disney realized that there are plenty of families who have more than 2 children. Larger families are already paying more on meals and tickets. Even a number of rooms set aside for larger families at the Values would be a welcome idea.

I am now the mother of 4, and my older children like to bring a friend along whenever possible. Our most affordable option is pitching a tent......but who wants to miss out on all the Disney magic ?

Upvote 0

Dwarful

FYI: on our last trip to WDW May 6- May 15th no CM ever asked for all of our room keys. At MK no one even asked to see ANY room keys...we just lined up and they put on the bright yellow wrist band, no questions asked...maybe thats why it was so crowded ???

On two trips..on in June of '04 and Dec. of 04 we had 3 rooms and 12 people, 6 A and 6 Ks. we stayed in June at Pop and in Dec. at Sports. On both occasions, there were times when multiple kids were in grandma's room because thats where the FUN was ;) One night I think it was 2 A and one 3 yr old in one bed, and 3 kids in the other because we couldn't drag their little bodies kicking and screaming away from Grandma!

Upvote 0

Woody13

Dwarful said:
FYI: on our last trip to WDW May 6- May 15th no CM ever asked for all of our room keys. At MK no one even asked to see ANY room keys...we just lined up and they put on the bright yellow wrist band, no questions asked...
We've had the exact same experience during all of our EMH in all of the parks.:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom