All Star Music first time - tips, tricks?

Cdn Mickey

Original Poster
Hello everyone

Will be headed to WDW September 8-16 with a group of 12 for Birthday week.
Home is usually Pop Century for the week but do to renovations etc no such luck.

Looking forward to a change but would like some information: on Music.

Quieter rooms -
Laundry services - coin machines?
Last summer we found out after arrival that Pop has changed machines to credit card.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Zipadeelady

Hello! We stayed in All Stars Movies last July and had no problems. Each room has a mini fridge which is very nice to keep a few things in. The dressers actually seem a little bigger than the moderate resorts so that's nice. When dealing with the small rooms, space is always an issue. Some of my family take a few drawers in the dresser while I always stack my clothes on the shelf in the bathroom area. (I don't like living out of my suitcase). The suitcases, we always stack in the bathroom in the corner. Another thing I do to help is I bought a round collapsible laundry basket from walmart for a couple of dollars. I put it in the bottom of my suitcase and it doesn't take up any room when packing then when i get to the resort I open it up and put it in the bathroom for dirty clothes, otherwise my kids would have the room littered with their clothes.

If you don't know about allears.net go there and look up info on All Star Music. They have maps and I would definitely figure out what area would work best for your group and try to request a building. The Calypso and Jazz buildings don't seem to far from the Main Building and Bus stops.

The buses have never been a problem for us but I do hear a lot of complaints on here. I'd take those complaints with a grain of salt.

I hope you have a great time. It'll be here before you know it!

Last edited:

belledream

For quieter rooms, I would say request Country Fair or Broadway at the back of the resort. Away from foot traffic, the lobby, and Calypso pool. Nearer to the much quieter Piano Pool. But overall, even areas like Jazz aren't that bad in our experiences. Just don't get a Calpyso pool view. ;) Those are the 'preferred rooms' anyways so if you got standard, there's probably no worries there.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Calypso and Jazz have the family suites. If @Cdn Mickey booked a standard room, I am not sure either of those buildings are an option.

We just stayed in a room in the Broadway section and were very pleased. It was quiet, the beds were comfy and the pillows were the best I have ever had at a Disney resort. The location is convenient to both pools and laundry.

micknminnie

We just stayed at Music this past March. We were in building 5 in the Country Fair section in the back of the resort. It was very quiet back there. It was close to the piano pool. There were a day or two that the pool was either closed or opened only later in the day/evening so once or twice we walked over to the main pool which wasn't too far away. I did do laundry and I believe the machines were credit card operated. I do not recall seeing any coin operated machines.

paul436

I've stayed in Music a few times and the first couple of times we got Preferred rooms so as to be closer to the buses and restaurant. Last June we stayed on Broadway to the back of the resort. My kids are older now so the longer walk wasn't an issue anymore. Broadway was very quiet and it had a much different feel than staying nearer the main building and pool. We enjoyed it quite a bit. I also got to see more of the resort as I had to pass through the entire area.

Another plus with staying near the rear of the resort on the Broadway side, the Movies bus stop was nearly as close to my room as the Music bus stop. So, if the All-Star buses were serving single resorts and weren't making stops at all 3, we could take whichever bus came first, Music or Movies, at the end of a (long) day.

Disneyfreak Jen

Jazz is also considered Preferred, along with Calypso, but everywhere online only states that Calypso is Preferred. Just an FYI. Unless you're staying right near the Jazz pool don't pay extra for Preferred in Jazz. They made me pay a Preferred price and gave me a room at the end of the hallway over the parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom