All Star Movies or Pop?

smbarr

Original Poster
We currently have a short trip booked in April for ASM, but rooms just opened up at Pop. Would you switch and why? Previously we stayed at AoA. It will be just DH and I. Thanks for your input!

belledream

Personally, I love the theme of Movies more than Pop. But in reality, they are very similar with the one caveat of the All Stars sometimes sharing buses, which many people dislike. I haven't encountered much bus-sharing in all my All Star stays so I don't really factor that into my decisions, but if you want the peace of mind and the price difference isn't significant, you could go for it. The bridge to AoA is a very pretty walk if you'll be spending time at the resort.

Nick Pappagiorgio

Pop. It is really a step up from the All Stars. I know the theming is better at the movies, but to me if you are using bus service the guarantee that you will not share is worth it to me. I liked the pools at Pop better but I think that was more of a preference thing. Plus you can utilize food court at AoA.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I've stayed at ASM in the past and enjoyed the stay. I have a single night stay at Pop before we head to the Contemporary and I'm really looking forward to it. I think the POP being newer has some allure over the ASM that causes me to really be excited :D

ginadee

I loved that Pop doesn't share a bus and the bridge at the lake between Pop and AOA was gorgeous. A couple times the bus line for AOA was shorter so we would take that and walk over to Pop. Enjoyed having the two scenarios.

Mr Anderson

Having stayed at both, I can give you an informed opinion.

POP is great for many reasons that have already been listed.
1. Dedicated bus service - I can't stress the value of this enough. Plus, if there's a long wait for a POP bus, you can always jump on a AoA bus and take a short walk over to your room at POP - I believe it's somewhere around half a mile, which is equidistant to the walk from Space to Pirates.
2. POP is newer, although IIRC, ASM has been refurbed recently. But the last time I stayed there, it was clear ASM needed some TLC. Badly.
3. In my personal opinion, the food court is better, plus you can eat at Landscapes of Flavor at AoA which is very close by.
4. Large groups (e.g. football kids, teens, Brazilian tour groups, etc.) tend to stay at the All-Star resorts due to the lower price. Keep this in mind.
5. Dedicated. Bus. Service.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Movies is my favorite of the All-Stars and I think the theme there is really enjoyable. Pop is newer and I prefer their lobby/food court/gift shop to the one at Movies, but I think Movies has a cuter theme (especially the Toy Story buildings)! If you love Disney animation I'd stick with Movies. :)

Tom 55

I prefer POP because of the size of resort and the buses. I ask for a room close to the bus stop. It is only a short walk. The POP only goes to POP. The allstars at times all share the same bus. This means more crowds and more time om the bus instead of in the parks. It is also easy to get on the AoA bus if the line is to long for POP. It is only a short walk across the bridge.

Attachments

• Resorts-and-More-23.jpg
    Resorts-and-More-23.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 33

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom