All Star Movie timing questions

Heather Cote

Original Poster
Hello!

I am leaving in one week and am starting to worry about making it to all of my reservations. Has anyone stayed here recently and can advise how long it truly takes to travel to each park, Disney springs and the boardwalk? I know they say to give yourself 1.5 hours and it fluctuates based on traffic etc. but any idea on actual timing to travel from All Star movie to those locations?

Thanks you!

mf1972

welcome to the forums! we've stayed at the movies resort many times. to answer your question, animal kingdom is the closest park to your resort. 5-10 minutes at most. hollywood & epcot could take you 15-20 minutes. magic kingdom 20-25. i'll guess that disney springs is around 20 minutes also.
the resort doesn't provide travel to the boardwalk. you can take a bus there from any park or from springs as well.
i hope this helps you a bit. have a good time!

Heather Cote

Original Poster
welcome to the forums! we've stayed at the movies resort many times. to answer your question, animal kingdom is the closest park to your resort. 5-10 minutes at most. hollywood & epcot could take you 15-20 minutes. magic kingdom 20-25. i'll guess that disney springs is around 20 minutes also.
the resort doesn't provide travel to the boardwalk. you can take a bus there from any park or from springs as well.
Thank you so much! This is exactly the specific info I was hoping for!

Captain Barbossa

Hello!

I am leaving in one week and am starting to worry about making it to all of my reservations. Has anyone stayed here recently and can advise how long it truly takes to travel to each park, Disney springs and the boardwalk? I know they say to give yourself 1.5 hours and it fluctuates based on traffic etc. but any idea on actual timing to travel from All Star movie to those locations?

Thanks you!
It takes no time to get to AK. EPCOT and DHS are about the same and not too bad. MK will take the longest but it's nothing unbearable.

Captain Barbossa

Hello!

Thanks you!
Trust me I've stayed there 4 times

mf1972

if anything, i'd recommend you give yourself enough time to get to your reservations 15-20 minutes ahead of time.
at times, we were taken in right away. other times it was just a little wait.

cdeev8690

We didn't have any issues two weeks ago while staying at ASM. But I will say that we did end up taking a Lyft back to the hotel our last night after a late dinner at the Polynesian because MK had closed shortly before we had paid the check and didn't want to wait an hour for a bus back at MK.

And years back, while staying at Pop, I had spent an evening on the Boardwalk and didn't get out of Jelly Rolls until around 12:30AM-1AM and there was only one bus hanging out in front of the Boardwalk. He wasn't even really running and he definitely wasn't supposed to bring us to Pop but he told us to hop in. We were pretty lucky because this was before Uber/Lyft but we also could have just walked to the main lobby and asked them to get a cab for us had the bus driver not been willing to take us back to the hotel. Keep this in mind for your reservation at the Boardwalk.

TiggerDad

Thank you so much! This is exactly the specific info I was hoping for!
Just remember that travel time is not the only thing to factor in. As another poster mentioned, you could easily wait 20 minutes for a bus (unless you are driving your own car in which case you have to factor in time to park and get through the parking lots). If headed to a restaurant inside a park, you will need to go through security and then go through the entrance gate. If you are headed to a restaurant in the back of the park, like World Showcase in Epcot or BOG in MK, it will take time to walk all the way through the park to get there. And if you aren't familiar with the area, you could make a wrong turn and add extra time. So I agree with the other poster who suggested aiming to arrive 15-20 minutes before your reservation time, just in case.

Jedi Stitch

My wife and I didn't want to leave anything to chance so we got a taxi for our Anniversary Dinner at Disney Springs. The bus system is very reliable, but you have to be a little flexible with your schedules. Don't schedule your stay to the minute, or you might spend all your time keeping timetables and not having fun. In January we could be anywhere in the park from ASMo in about 30 minutes or so by bus.

Heather Cote

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I feel I may have over scheduled us too much. I think it may be time to make a few changes! Thanks for the feedback!

Nickels5

I stayed there last September and never was I in the bus longer then 15-20 minutes. Animal Kingdom is the closest by far so if you are hoping to a different resort I would just always go to Animal Kingdom and hop on the different buses there.

Jedi Stitch

The easiest tip. Plan the day for one area. Meals and Fast passes to MK and MK resort restaurants, and that will keep hopping all over place to a minimum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom