All meals covered?

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Is there a ticket option or plan to cover all the meals during a trip? I am headed out with some guys graduating this year to WDW and I heard there is a plan which is worth every cent. Yet I cannot find it on the WDW website.

PigletIsMyCat

Actually, there are two packages that include all meals available from Disney.

The Magic Your Way Premium package tickets include the Park Hopping and Water Park Fun and More options. It also includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner per night of your stay, as well as unlimited recreation (golf, etc) and admission to Cirque de Soleil.

The Magic Your Way Platinum package includes a stay at a deluxe or DVC resort, EVERYTHING in the Premium package, and then add on pre-arrival planning service, a fireworks cruise, reserved seating at Fantasmic!, selected spa treatments, additional dining options such as the renowned Victoria's & Albert's restaurant, and room service.

I do not know the price difference for these packages. The Disney Dining Plan (one counter service meal, one table service meal, and one snack per night of your stay) is $38 per adult.

EDIT: On the Walt Disney World website, check under '2006 Packages', where it explains Magic Your Way packages.

Evan's Servants

If you don't have one of the black amex cards, you probably don't want the platinum package. Sure, it includes everything and anything you could possibly want to eat or do -- but as we all know, that comes with quite a price.

tink rules

It used to be called the Deluxe plan and it's costly and you get alot!!!!

BUT....

You will get more food than you can ever eat... recreation that you will not have time to really use. It was nice to just give over the card and sign my name for just about anything, but with the new meal plan, you get pretty much the same restaurants (some you have to use two meal credits for, like Narcoosees) that you had for the Deluxe. You used to get a gold key card which was what you used for your food and such. I guess they do it electronically now since last time we got just our room key.

I think some people use it because it includes the golf and all. Price it out and see. I did it several times, especially when I was traveling alone and wanted everything covered. I had a good time, but I couldn't eat it all without feeling sick (think 3 sit down meals a day) and I know I didn't use everything that was offered. I just didn't have the time.

This past time, I did something similar - doing everything I wanted, only paying for it on my room card and paying for it after and it came out much cheaper.

Good luck.

ps... in 2000, it cost me about $6000 for 2 people for 8 days at the Grand Floridian....

tink rules

I just priced it out and the Platinum package for 7 nights at the GF, Garden view room is $6775.

I'm sure it's a bit less at the other resorts, but not much.

This past year I got my room at a AAA Discount for 6 nights for $1980. My MYW tickets were about $500, I think I ended up spending about $1000 on nice dinners for the two of us. We used points from our Disney Visa for the MVMCP and also it paid for the Grand Tea at the Garden View Room. I would have used the recreation, but the weather was too cool to go boating like I would have liked. I never even made it to the pool.

My advice... price out everything you would like to do and see what best fits your plans.

PigletIsMyCat

The Premium package might be worth it if you are not planning on spending all your time at the parks (you'll have time for golf etc) and if you and your buddies are big eaters.

kal1484

All meals? Depends if you eat a lot, normal, or very little. If you eat normal or very little the MYW w/the dining plan will cover you. When I go to disney I rarely eat more than a full service and a counter meal (basically fast food, but good fast food) plus you get a snack. If you mean all covered as in popcorn, ice cream, soda, etc. It's not included in this. However it does leave one meal uncovered if you eat 3 times or more a day. When you are at Disney, I can't see spending over 4/6 hours of your day just eating. So if you space out your dining right, you will never be hungry.

tink rules

It's still alot of food and you end up planning your day around dining reservations - X3.

I think people use it if they are going to do alot of extras and have the time to do it.

I enjoyed being on the Deluxe, I just didn't use alot of it and ended up doing it ala carte this time, did the same stuff I would have done and just paid for it all in the end and saved alot.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
What I meant was b-fast, lunch, dinner covered every day I am there. But apparently the only way to do that is to pay for everything else along with the food. But the MYW pass for one counter service, snack, and full service entree will be enough. And for only $38 its not a bad deal. What I really wanted was a pass like the premium pass but not including tickets, hotel, and all the recreations.

PigletIsMyCat

You can only get the Disney Dining Plan as part of a Magic Your Way package, ie: including tickets and resort. It will not include any recreational stuff or extras (except the cheesy Planet Hollywood stuff).

Tara Stone

PLatinum is the way to go!!!

:lol: Hi..We just returned from a Sept 17-24 trip on the Platinum Plan!! This is definately the way to go:sohappy: All your food is covered and I do mean all!!! The regular DDP does not at all compare to this plan which in the past was the deluxe plan and in the mid to late 90s was know as the Grand plan and only available to guests staying at the Grand Floridian and the Yacht and Beach Club. Now as long as you're at a deluxe resort it is available to you. The food portion of the plan is terrific! Let me walk you thru it...
To begin with there exists a "Platinum Plan staff". The staff is only for PP guests..they will make all your reservations for you (not just for food..for EVERYTHING!!) and advise you on every aspect of your trip. The Grand Flo PP staff is headed by a fantastic cast member by the name of Heather White. She is just the sweetest, kindest "ready to do whatever needs to be done" to make you happy person in the "World" . In addition there isn't much she doesn't know about Disney.
The PP brochyre will tell you you are entilied to 3 meals and 1 snack a day per person...these are not counter service or combo meals---you can have every meal at signature dining if you like...all the dinner shows..anywhere!
In addition you can also eat at Victoria and Alberts...every night if you so wish (we dined there twice!). Private dining (room service) is also included!:p On PP there is no diferentiating between meals and snacks..you just have your card swiped..this did on occasion cause us some problems in the parks because food carts were trying to charge to snack coupons but PP does not have snack coupons...you also don't use "two coupons" for and special meals On the first day we had 120 coupons and when we left we still had 20 some leftover! When we had snack issues our planner just told us to charge it to the room and every night they went into the system and wiped out the charges. We also did this when we wanted a salad and an appetizer since some of the resturants aren't completely familiar w/ PP as they have been seeing alot of the basic plan lately with the free promotion. Another bonus of this plan is we were able to get resevations for places we couldn't get on our own. We were able to get Cinderella's castle breakfast just a few weeks prior to arrival. We also had great seats for Hoop Dee Do with out calling a year in advance (3 tables back from stage). If you enjoy eating this is the plan to do. Four of us ate at Victoria and Alberts and it was over $500! Gratuities Included in the plan too! Also ate at: Narcoosees (food great service was the worst in my whole life!!) Chefs de France (excellent food excellent staff) Fultons Crab house (excellent!) Citricos (very good). Liberty Tree tavern( excellent food service was a little slow) Cinderella castle ( food was mediocre service slow but the kids loved it!) Le cellier ( average), lottawattta shack at Blizzard Beach. Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, The garden View for Tea at the Grand Flo. Snacks here and there..ice cream, turkey legs, etc all covered!
Mind you this is not a plan for a very tight budget but the included items other than the food also make for it being worthwhile! Unlimited recreation, boat rentals, golf w/ carts balls shoes etc..golf LESSONS! guided fishing tours (my husband LOVED it ...did 2 two hour trips) admission everywhere, the miniature golf is included too. Selected spa treatments ( massage and facial)
childcare activity centers PRivate IN ROOM baby sitting ( our sitter was Trish...she was fabulos..kids loved her!) Fireworks cruise, Preffered seating for fireworks in all the parks, La nouba, kids Pirate cruise and Wonderland tea party. Fanatsmic special seating.. EVERYTHING you can think of except alcohol! Save up its worth it!!!!! You also get special pampered treatment from the pp staff....I can't say enough good stuff about them!:sohappy: :sohappy:

Tara Stone

PLatinum is the way to go!!!

:lol: Hi..We just returned from a Sept 17-24 trip on the Platinum Plan!! This is definately the way to go:sohappy: All your food is covered and I do mean all!!! The regular DDP does not at all compare to this plan which in the past was the deluxe plan and in the mid to late 90s was know as the Grand plan and only available to guests staying at the Grand Floridian and the Yacht and Beach Club. Now as long as you're at a deluxe resort it is available to you. The food portion of the plan is terrific! Let me walk you thru it...
To begin with there exists a "Platinum Plan staff". The staff is only for PP guests..they will make all your reservations for you (not just for food..for EVERYTHING!!) and advise you on every aspect of your trip. The Grand Flo PP staff is headed by a fantastic cast member by the name of Heather White. She is just the sweetest, kindest "ready to do whatever needs to be done" to make you happy person in the "World" . In addition there isn't much she doesn't know about Disney.
The PP brochyre will tell you you are entilied to 3 meals and 1 snack a day per person...these are not counter service or combo meals---you can have every meal at signature dining if you like...all the dinner shows..anywhere!
In addition you can also eat at Victoria and Alberts...every night if you so wish (we dined there twice!). Private dining (room service) is also included!:p On PP there is no diferentiating between meals and snacks..you just have your card swiped..this did on occasion cause us some problems in the parks because food carts were trying to charge to snack coupons but PP does not have snack coupons...you also don't use "two coupons" for and special meals On the first day we had 120 coupons and when we left we still had 20 some leftover! When we had snack issues our planner just told us to charge it to the room and every night they went into the system and wiped out the charges. We also did this when we wanted a salad and an appetizer since some of the resturants aren't completely familiar w/ PP as they have been seeing alot of the basic plan lately with the free promotion. Another bonus of this plan is we were able to get resevations for places we couldn't get on our own. We were able to get Cinderella's castle breakfast just a few weeks prior to arrival. We also had great seats for Hoop Dee Do with out calling a year in advance (3 tables back from stage). If you enjoy eating this is the plan to do. Four of us ate at Victoria and Alberts and it was over $500! Gratuities Included in the plan too! Also ate at: Narcoosees (food great service was the worst in my whole life!!) Chefs de France (excellent food excellent staff) Fultons Crab house (excellent!) Citricos (very good). Liberty Tree tavern( excellent food service was a little slow) Cinderella castle ( food was mediocre service slow but the kids loved it!) Le cellier ( average), lottawattta shack at Blizzard Beach. Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, The garden View for Tea at the Grand Flo. Snacks here and there..ice cream, turkey legs, etc all covered!
Mind you this is not a plan for a very tight budget but the included items other than the food also make for it being worthwhile! Unlimited recreation, boat rentals, golf w/ carts balls shoes etc..golf LESSONS! guided fishing tours (my husband LOVED it ...did 2 two hour trips) admission everywhere, the miniature golf is included too. Selected spa treatments ( massage and facial)
childcare activity centers PRivate IN ROOM baby sitting ( our sitter was Trish...she was fabulos..kids loved her!) Fireworks cruise, Preffered seating for fireworks in all the parks, La nouba, kids Pirate cruise and Wonderland tea party. Fanatsmic special seating.. EVERYTHING you can think of except alcohol! Save up its worth it!!!!! You also get special pampered treatment from the pp staff....I can't say enough good stuff about them!:sohappy: :sohappy:

The Disney Dining Plan is perfect for young guys with big appetites. You can have a snack, which could be a bagel, danish, or something else in the morning, a good sized lunch at any counter service and a full sit-down dinner.
Your lunch includes a meal, drink, and a dessert. Some of the counter service lunches are huge!(Flame Tree at AK, the Mexican place in Epcot). Your dinner includes an appetizer, entree, dessert, and a non-alcholic drink. If you guys are big eaters, you might want to make your dinner reservations for the buffet restaurants like Cape May at the Beach Club, Hollywood and Vine in MGM, Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, etc..., but even in the regular restaurants, you'll be well fed.

My daughter is hoping to make a graduation trip down to WDW in June with some friends and we're taking care of the rooms. I did tell her, however, that her friends would be better off with the dining plan so there's no worry about who has what money when they get there. Everyone is entitled to the same, terrific amount of great food.

Have a great time.:wave:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Definately go with the Dining plan. I agree with eveyone on this. It will be the most affordable way for you to eat while at Disney. If you need any help with your planning or if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom