All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krankenstein

Spent the day at Epcot yesterday

noticed some things...

The Video on Soarin' looks like it's been cleaned...although it's still not the HD video that i've been hoping for, it's very nice to not see dust all over the film...esp on the skiing scene where huge black spots really stood out.

(it's been a month since I've been to Epcot) noticed the bathrooms next to the Art of Disney Store are freshly remodeled....verrrrrry niiiiiice...... :cool:

They need to finish painting UoE. :dazzle:

Ceiling tiles in Wonders of Life don't look so good...lots of crackage and turning colors going on...though we couldn't decide if it was masking tape or true discoloring...

Living with the Land has alot of new vegetation growing in the greenhouses...it's nice that they mix those up. I'm guessing new vegetation for the Spring Growing Season?

Curtains on the SSE decent were alittle messed up on the right side...after you pass under the LED lights hanging from the ceiling you could see a computer and some lights set up on a desk...the computer screen was on...though it really didn't look like it was a prop...more like a 3rd shift workstation for some Imagineering tweeking??? dunno...didn't have my camera out tho...sorry guys! Anyone else notice that?

btw...the highschoolers behind us that kept commenting on how lame the ride and trying to touch the AAs almost had a couple Flower and Garden Festival guides thrown at their faces in a Frisbie-like-style...

Interesting...

I'm ready for them to finish this thing already. :dazzle:

devoy1701

Interesting...

I'm ready for them to finish this thing already. :dazzle:

:eek::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

That's interesting...!:D

(And I'm glad bout Soarin! About time....Scary stuff about WoL though :()

I thought so too... The computer was right off of the track and it didn't look all fancy, high tech, and showy...thats why I don't think it was a show prop...it just looked like a workingman's computer. It was about 10 ft after from the end of the LED grid on the ceiling, but only about 1 foot behind the curtains (which had been pulled apart at that spot). The desk was kind of dis-shuffled as well..papers and whatnot. (signs of a frustrated Imagineer???)

I say if we really want to know what is going on back there we just need to get a bunch of us to ride it at the same time and on the decent we all just yank the curtains down...I'm free next weekend...

just a thought.

mcjaco

I thought so too... The computer was right off of the track and it didn't look all fancy, high tech, and showy...thats why I don't think it was a show prop...it just looked like a workingman's computer. It was about 10 ft after from the end of the LED grid on the ceiling, but only about 1 foot behind the curtains (which had been pulled apart at that spot). The desk was kind of dis-shuffled as well..papers and whatnot. (signs of a frustrated Imagineer???)

I say if we really want to know what is going on back there we just need to get a bunch of us to ride it at the same time and on the decent we all just yank the curtains down...I'm free next weekend...

just a thought.

Awesome. Now they're resorting to bad show.

devoy1701

i was thinking that as well.

probably some more high schoolers on their magical music days trip pulled the curtains? Maybe they don't have a camera pointing at that particular angle to see it.

Though In general it really seems like the curtains are closer to you as if the space behind the curtains have increase (added more behind them).

all in all...pay no attention to the computer station behind the curtain... :king:

EPCOT Explorer

just a thought.
Fantastic.:D:D:D This is very interesting.

SirGoofy

probably some more high schoolers on their magical music days trip pulled the curtains? Maybe they don't have a camera pointing at that particular angle to see it.

Possible. Of course there is only one security camera on the ride, so they wouldn't catch it unless someone did a ride through or a guest said something.

SirGoofy

Are y'all kidding me!?:rolleyes::lol:

This is a sign it's getting DONE. :lol: They could have scaffolding and Dame Judi telling you to look the other way, and I wouldn't care.:D

Believe me, I'm happy something is being done. But if maintenance/engineering left it like that, someone deserves a good talking to.

But yea, if something is happening, all the better.

VT GAL

Thanks for the update devoy!!! :)

It sounds exactly like what I saw in October, but it sounds like it has moved further down the descent now! WooHoo....hopefully...

EPCOT Explorer

Believe me, I'm happy something is being done. But if maintenance/engineering left it like that, someone deserves a good talking to.

But yea, if something is happening, all the better.
Yeah, it's bit disheartening, but I really don't care. :lol:
Just happy that this is something besides "zomg moar triungles" or "z0mg kurtain moved!":lookaroun:lol:

Thanks for the update devoy!!! :)

It sounds exactly like what I saw in October, but it sounds like it has moved further down the descent now! WooHoo....hopefully...

Damn, this has taken WAY too long.:dazzle::ROFLOL: I remember your TR...

EPCOT Explorer

No lie Dubbz!!!!

I am just thankful that it wasn't in the same spot! :)

Longest finish...ever!!!

Honestly, I'm just going to consider this a new version of the ride.:lol: SSE09!:D

And I'm thankful too...Glad to see that they have been moving sequentially down the tunnel.

devoy- What did the computer look like?

devoy1701

Honestly, I'm just going to consider this a new version of the ride.:lol: SSE09!:D

And I'm thankful too...Glad to see that they have been moving sequentially down the tunnel.

devoy- What did the computer look like?

honestly? it looked like it was running off of MS Dos... :brick:

You couldn't see much of the computer. It didn't look like a laptop though...the screen was too high off of the surface of the desk...unless there was a little shelf level I couldn't see. So i'm guessing it was an LCD monitor. But the screen gave off a greenish black glow.

of course it could have been a screen saver...or a fatal error with the OS!

It really just looked like a personal computer...nothing more, nothing less...

I really wish I woulda had my camera out now...gotta start making use of that high ISO during the decent of SSE. My gf and I were in a little quarrel before boarding that ride so I didn't think to get it out (she claimed that she wasn't hungry after she just said she was hungry 10 minutes earlier and I said we need to stop having 2 meals in the parks every time we go over there since we're over at disney atleast twice a month)....you're talking $1000-1200 dollars in food over the course of a year eating two full meals every time we're out there....:eek:

EPCOT Explorer

honestly? it looked like it was running off of MS Dos... :brick:

You couldn't see much of the computer. It didn't look like a laptop though...the screen was too high off of the surface of the desk...unless there was a little shelf level I couldn't see. So i'm guessing it was an LCD monitor. But the screen gave off a greenish black glow.

of course it could have been a screen saver...or a fatal error with the OS!

It really just looked like a personal computer...nothing more, nothing less...

Hurrrmmm....Maybe they were programming.:shrug: I know that when writing a program, the screen looks rather ancient.:shrug:

Dunno.

beyondyou

ill make it a goal to go to Epcot on my day off(wednesday) and ride SSE(like i always do!)

i'll come back with updates of the decent later wednesday or early thursday

Expo_Seeker40

beyondyou, if you can, please take some pictures of the exterior of the Universe of Energy.....we're desperate to see how the painting is coming along. :eek: :hammer: :D

devoy1701

Affirmed.:D

(Can you imagine a park with Tomorrow's Child and a 1982 Paint Job on UoE!? :sohappy:)

The painting looks horrible right now...it looks they had this great idea to go back to the original paint job but they guy incharge didnt order enough paint...so they decided to paint as much of it as possible and we focused more on the volume of what they could get done over the quality of the coat. :(

in other words, the bulk of the structure has the original color scheme...but primer is showing through EVERYWHERE...very uneven and sloppy looking...

another bad show I guess? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom