Al Lutz: Mathmagicland (8/3) - ElecTRONica, DL Expansion,

sponono88

Original Poster
Al Lutz has a new update with some pretty good news and hints at what is coming up next for the resort.

Here are some of the highlights

-World of Color has been a big success for DCA and the attendance figures/trends reflect that. The numbers are coming in earlier than Disney had anticipated when they approved the billion-dollar expansion.

- With the huge success of Glow Fest, a new Tron-themed street party is rumored to appearing in DCA this coming Fall: ElecTRONica. This new event will supposedly use the former Millionaire building to house Flynn's arcade. This time it will be designed by Disney's own entertainment department as opposed to an outside source.

- Frontierland expansion plans continue to move along, possibly coming after DCA completes its first phase of expansion.

Inside the two theme parks however, this summer has displayed exactly the type of crowd-flow and numbers scenario the entire DCA extreme makeover was designed to create by the 1.2 Billion dollar project’s conclusion in 2012. But most people in TDA and Walt Disney Imagineering weren’t expecting it to change so quickly and so early in the timeline, with just the opening of the water show under their belts. It’s important to remember that there are still far more construction walls in DCA than there are new attractions, and thus far the only parts of the lavish expansion project officially open are a remodeled swing ride and World of Color. The vast majority of the project doesn’t open until 2011 and 2012, but the numbers have already swung in DCA’s favor much earlier than anticipated

Read the full article here: http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al080310a.htm

TP2000

This was a very upbeat article from Al Lutz. Disneyland sure has entered a new golden age, hasn't it?

I was excited that Little Mermaid won't have Fastpass! It's an Omnimover, and it doesn't need it. I know the lines will be huge when it first opens, but two years down the road it will settle in and be like Pirates or Mansion or Small World that have short waits and cycle thousands of people through per hour.

So happy they aren't doing Fastpass at Little Mermaid! :sohappy:

sponono88

Original Poster
I agree, I'm also happy they opened TSMM with no Fastpass. Now if they could only bring back Single Rider ;)

And Al has been quite upbeat in his recent articles. Quite a change from the tone he used to carry back in the day.. Things are looking up for the resort as a whole.

--

Looks like ElecTRONica is a go. Rehearsals are set to start in September

Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking strong contemporary/hip hop dancers for a new nighttime celebration at the Disneyland Resort in support of the opening of the new Disney feature Tron: Legacy. Dancers will perform on stages outside in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and main entrance areas at Disney California Adventure park. Seeking performers of all ethnicities.

- Disney Auditions website

sponono88

Original Poster
I found additional info on the new ElecTRONica event. It was posted by crosscrops at the Coachella message boards.. interesting that it was posted two days before Al's article went up online

So I work for Disney and at California Adventure starting sometime in September they are changing the Hollywood Backlot into a Tron inspired area everynight. The event is called ElecTRONica and it will feature Flynn's Arcade, a short Tron movie, and props that they used for the movie and at Comic-Con. The best part about it is it will feature music from Daft Punk and other dance music. There will be bars and lounges and should be pretty cool. If you are in the area I would suggest checking it out.

i'm really excited about the possible additions to the old millionaire building (like flynns arcade). If they wanted to they could make it even bigger by using the old hollywood and dine building as well. can't wait to see what they come up with!

nemofinder22

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9367/Disneyland_Resort_Update

Finally, I mentioned last week that a cast member publication also shows the closure of what was listed only as "muppet" on September 15 & 16, and again September 20-24. A cast member reader says the closure is to install and test a new film for the upcoming (but not yet confirmed by Disney) ElecTRONica promotion. During ElecTRONica, Muppet*Vision 3D will be presented in the theater during the day, and an eight-minute 3D trailer for TRON: Legacy (the same one shown at the San Diego Comic-Con International convention) will be shown in the theater at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom