Al Lutz: After EO comes Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al091509a.htm

What happens after EO runs its course later in 2010 is the real prize for WDI however, as the plan is for Captain EO to run for at least six or nine months and then close after the summer of 2010. The Magic Eye Theater would then be gutted and turned into a slightly re-tuned version of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor attraction already found in Walt Disney World's (WDW) Tomorrowland. WDI has some refinements planned to the interactive elements of the comedy club attraction, and they would like to see it up and running by the time Star Tours II opens for the summer of 2011.

I really hope this turns out to be false. I would be extremely disappointed if MI:LF comes to DL.

jedimaster1227

Anything is an improvement over Honey, I Shrunk the Audience... :shrug:

I can't wait until that horrible film shrinks its way into Yesterland.

TP2000

I haven't been in to Honey in at least five years. Maybe closer to seven or eight years. I don't even think about that attraction anymore.

I could care less what they put in there at this point. What's so bad about this Laugh Floor show?

CaptainMichael

I haven't been in to Honey in at least five years. Maybe closer to seven or eight years. I don't even think about that attraction anymore.

I could care less what they put in there at this point. What's so bad about this Laugh Floor show?

Because for something so interactive, it's actually pretty redundant.

I was a fan when it first came out, but it's virtually the same show it was when I saw it 2007. In fact, there were more shows back then, now it's just the same 3.

Also, people believe it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland.

EpcotServo

Not really surprising, it's a great people eater and is ALOT more popular than anyone on this site gives it. The only reason I see them not doing it is the fact that there's a Monsters Inc. attraction right across the way.

jedimaster1227

HISTA >>>>>> MILF :shrug:

I completely disagree with you here...

While the repetitive framework of the show has always been an issue in my mind, the variables introduced by both the actors and the audience create an ever-changing show that has grown on me with each visit.

I shared some tear-filled laughs (it takes alot for me to laugh that hard) with friends inside of that theater, and while I'd take another showing of the Timekeeper anyday, those memories were worth it. Nothing beats the "disappearing act" that Marty pulled on this little princess, making her believe that she made him disappear... It was priceless--and that is why I value the show on a level that I will never regard HISTA in.

sponono88

HISTA >>>>>> MILF :shrug:

I agree, I don't understand all the hate for HISTA. It may be a bit outdated.. but the show is quite fun and enjoyable. And I love the exit music :D

as for MILF possibly coming to Tomorrowland = :brick: ugh, enough with the non-stop cloning of attractions.. If they really want to transplant MILF to the west coast, the best fit would be the space right next to the MI ride in DCA. There's a big vacant spot where Hollywood and Dine used to be..

dxwwf3

While the repetitive framework of the show has always been an issue in my mind, the variables introduced by both the actors and the audience create an ever-changing show that has grown on me with each visit.

I shared some tear-filled laughs (it takes alot for me to laugh that hard) with friends inside of that theater, and while I'd take another showing of the Timekeeper anyday, those memories were worth it. Nothing beats the "disappearing act" that Marty pulled on this little princess, making her believe that she made him disappear... It was priceless--and that is why I value the show on a level that I will never regard HISTA in.

I don't think MILF is terrible, but I think HISTA is vastly underrated. The moving seats and in theater effects are fantastic. Not to mention the wonderful ORIGINAL score.

SirGoofy

I'm actually the opposite. The first time I saw MILF, I thought it was very well done. I've seen it quite a few times since then, and it's just a very dull show after view 1.:shrug:

I don't think MILF is terrible, but I think HISTA is vastly underrated. The moving seats and in theater effects are fantastic. Not to mention the wonderful ORIGINAL score.

HISTA's score is terrific, but the show is pretty bad, IMO.

MKCP 1985

I'm actually the opposite. The first time I saw MILF, I thought it was very well done. I've seen it quite a few times since then, and it's just a very dull show after view 1.:shrug:

You just say that because you are THAT GUY!
(everybody points and laughs)
:lookaroun

FigmentJedi

I'm indifferent to the FLorida version, but this one is just unnecessary with the Monsters INc dark ride being right across the esplanade and all. Heck, that ride deserves some upgrades anyway, make it like TOkyo's version of the ride.

nemofinder22

HISTA and Laugh Floor are both awful attractions. I'd rather see HISTA stay than for Laugh Floor to come to DL.

The current Monsters ride at DCA is fine as is and like sponono88 said push it to the old Hollywood and Dine building, if this has to come to DLR, the HPB can use some more life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom