AKL to DTD

Tinkerkelle

Original Poster
We're looking to make a late afternoon ADR for Boma after a day at AK. How easy is it to get to DTD from AKL? We were planning on a spot of evening window shopping after stuffing our faces :hungry:. About how long would the transfer take?
Thanks!

ibisti

Getting to DTD from AK is as easy as getting there from any resort. Just hop on a bus from outside reception. From memory it takes about 30mins on the bus, but then that doesn't take into account the wait for the bus to start with. You could be lucky and wait 5 mins or have to wait 30 mins for one to arrive.

Diva120

I would caution we were there last month and it took us about an hour from DTD to GF because of construction at DTD. Not sure how one can check on the construction at DTD, but it was a bear to get in and leave.

Livelovedisney

I would caution we were there last month and it took us about an hour from DTD to GF because of construction at DTD. Not sure how one can check on the construction at DTD, but it was a bear to get in and leave.
well, it looks like we will be leaving for AK and boma a little earlier when we go in June....thanks for the info

Diva120

well, it looks like we will be leaving for AK and boma a little earlier when we go in June....thanks for the info
We were really surprised - the WDW bus had to go all the way around to enter DTD, and we didn't notice it at first because we were in Vacation mode. Trying to get to GF for dinner was nerve wracking - the bus had to do the whole re-route getting caught in rush hour traffic :(

Tinkerkelle

Original Poster
Had read that traffic was a bit of a nightmare due to the work on converting to Disney Springs. Hopefully a bit calmer in Oct and won't have an ADR to get to.

Weather_Lady

A less direct (but potentially more pleasant) route would be to take a bus to Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter (just hop on whichever bus arrives first) and then take the ferry boat to DTD from there.

If you're in the mood for a serious after-dinner stroll, you could also head to Old Key West or Saratoga Springs and walk the path to DTD (~10-15 min. from SS, or 20-30 min. from OKW).

Tinkerkelle

Original Poster
A less direct (but potentially more pleasant) route would be to take a bus to Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter (just hop on whichever bus arrives first) and then take the ferry boat to DTD from there.

If you're in the mood for a serious after-dinner stroll, you could also head to Old Key West or Saratoga Springs and walk the path to DTD (~10-15 min. from SS, or 20-30 min. from OKW).

This is perfect. This trip, I want to explore the resorts instead of hit and run dining at them. We ate at GF and the Poly last time but hardly looked beyond the entrance. This time we're eating at the Poly again with plans to have a wander round before or after dinner and at Boma specifically to see this amazing hotel I've read so much about (and eat the amazing food I've read so much about!)

We intend to have an early dinner at Boma and then tour AKL - getting a bus to POFQ, after, is perfect. I really want to have a look around, the FQ in particular, as this is where I want to stay next. I actually had every intention of booking there for October but we got a great deal on a garden wing room at CR for ony £300 more for 7 nights and so went for it. I didn't think I'd get a chance to work a tour into our plans but the boat would be a lovely way to get to DTD. We didn't use a boat at all last trip but plan to take one from HS to the boardwalk to explore that area on our way to Epcot when we do a half day at each park. That was also a tip from these very boards. Thanks for your tip!! I feel very pleased that I'll get to see PO after all.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
A point of clarification @Tinkerkelle if you plan to tour POFQ after dinner and exploring AKL...there is no direct bus from AKL to POFQ. You would need to take a bus from AKL to AK (if it is still open) or another park (DHS would be best, since it's closest to POFQ) and transfer to a POFQ bus. This could easily take 60-90 minutes, but you wouldn't get caught in the DTD traffic on a bus there from AKL.

After exploring POFQ you can take the boat to DTD and from DTD back to your resort.

Weather_Lady

A point of clarification @Tinkerkelle if you plan to tour POFQ after dinner and exploring AKL...there is no direct bus from AKL to POFQ. You would need to take a bus from AKL to AK (if it is still open) or another park (DHS would be best, since it's closest to POFQ) and transfer to a POFQ bus. This could easily take 60-90 minutes, but you wouldn't get caught in the DTD traffic on a bus there from AKL.

After exploring POFQ you can take the boat to DTD and from DTD back to your resort.

Thank you for the correction -- I was mistakenly picturing her departing from AK and not AKL...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom