AKL Kidani Village Room Request

mm52200

Original Poster
Hello all!
My family and I will be staying in Savannah view Studio at Kidani Village for the first time this July. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a room request for us? We're going to miss having a quick service in our building since it's in Jambo house. I've heard that there's a shuttle that runs back and before between the two but how often and how late does it run? Is there a room request or block of rooms that has us close to the Kidani Village lobby and not too far from Jambo House and/or the bus stop at Kidani? Any help on a good compromise or a room request would be greatly appreciated!

ynahtebwdw

the shuttle bus runs the same hours as the normal busses but it is a bit of a pain - takes about 10 minutes including loading and unloading time when the walk takes about the same time.

dreamfinder

Lobby door to lobby door the walk is about .375 miles. There are enough lights in that area to do it at night without problems, just stay on the sidewalk. There is a shuttle van that will make the trip, or you can take a bus. If I recall correctly DtD bus stops at Jambo first then goes to Kidani, everything else stops at Kidani first and goes to Jambo. In theory if you get something in the 7X38 to 7X52 area (X is floor) you can take that elevator down to parking and cut out a chunk of the walk. Just look at the map here -> http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/maps/gallery/01aug2009-resort-maps-2009/8110.htm and see what location seems to fit your needs. But near lobby isn't going to be close to Jambo, and the buses and shuttle are best accessed from the lobby area.

MaxsDad

I have always been on the half of the building that is closest to Jambo. I find this preferrable. Views are great. The bus stops are on this half of the building. As some one said, take the elevator down to the covered parking garage and walk over to Jambo. Unless you have physical challenges, it is really not a bad walk whatsoever.

mm52200

Original Poster
Lobby door to lobby door the walk is about .375 miles. There are enough lights in that area to do it at night without problems, just stay on the sidewalk. There is a shuttle van that will make the trip, or you can take a bus. If I recall correctly DtD bus stops at Jambo first then goes to Kidani, everything else stops at Kidani first and goes to Jambo. In theory if you get something in the 7X38 to 7X52 area (X is floor) you can take that elevator down to parking and cut out a chunk of the walk. Just look at the map here -> http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/maps/gallery/01aug2009-resort-maps-2009/8110.htm and see what location seems to fit your needs. But near lobby isn't going to be close to Jambo, and the buses and shuttle are best accessed from the lobby area.
It seems like rooms 7x28-7x37 are a nice in between. Not too far from the lobby and buses, not too far of a walk from Jambo House, is that correct? My family is used to the walk from DVC at Wilderness Lodge to the Wilderness Lodge quick service.

dreamfinder

It seems like rooms 7x28-7x37 are a nice in between. Not too far from the lobby and buses, not too far of a walk from Jambo House, is that correct? My family is used to the walk from DVC at Wilderness Lodge to the Wilderness Lodge quick service.

Yes, those would roughly be in the middle, a reasonable compromise.

PrincessMia

Can someone tell me where the standard view studios are? I have read floors 1-3, and have seen a map that shows where they are located, but I can't find it on my google search. Which blocks of rooms have the studios?

Zipadeelady

I'm also interested in which room to request for a standard view that's not to far from the pool. I think I have it narrowed down to a section thanks to the map from @dreamfinder . Is any floor better than others? This is our first time at Kidani!

lostpro9het

I'm also interested in which room to request for a standard view that's not to far from the pool. I think I have it narrowed down to a section thanks to the map from @dreamfinder . Is any floor better than others? This is our first time at Kidani!
We prefer top floor. In addition to not having to hear loud folks above you reduce the risk having your balcony turned into a zoo exhibit for folks walking by.

dig311dug

Did they get rid of the option to select floor?
The only options I see for room requests are near lobby and/or near elevator.

any other way to contact them to request floor?

P.S., we have a Kidani Village-Deluxe Studio - Standard View, and want 2nd or 3rd level, does not matter distance to lobby or elevator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom