AK to Epcot WS Advice

Hi Everyone. We have an evening where we’d like to hop from AK at close (currently listed as 7pm) to World Showcase for the remainder of its time (9pm). We’ll then be staying in Epcot for extended evening hours. I’ve never entered via International Gateway. Would it make sense to take bus to Boardwalk or another Epcot hotel and walk to that entrance or do you think we’re better off going directly to the main Epcot entrance and walking back to WS? I appreciate your thoughts!

Jennie

DisneyFanatic12

Hi Everyone. We have an evening where we’d like to hop from AK at close (currently listed as 7pm) to World Showcase for the remainder of its time (9pm). We’ll then be staying in Epcot for extended evening hours. I’ve never entered via International Gateway. Would it make sense to take bus to Boardwalk or another Epcot hotel and walk to that entrance or do you think we’re better off going directly to the main Epcot entrance and walking back to WS? I appreciate your thoughts!

Jennie
Going to Yacht and Beach club would be more relaxing most likely, and you could top off a refillable mug if you have one, but since you would be close to closing, taking a bus to the main entrance would likely allow you to get into the park faster and save some time (the resort busses sometimes have longer lines towards closing time when everyone is leaving).

If the lines for the busses aren’t long, and you walk on the faster side of the spectrum, both options would likely take a similar amount of time, so it would just be up for personal preference.

Final thing is that, if you went the resort route and entered through International Gateway, you might catch a bus sooner as you could use either the Yacht and Beach Club bus or the Boardwalk bus (if the lines aren’t long). Still, getting a bus shortly after arriving pretty much comes down to luck.

Overall, it all comes down to personal preference. They would both take about the same amount of time (unless if one bus has an astronomical line). Going to a resort and entering through International Gateway might be more relaxing, while taking the main entrance would allow you to see more of the park.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rob562

If opting for the bus route, I'd go with either Beach Club or Boardwalk, whichever bus arrives at AK first. (I think the stops are near each other so you can scope out both)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom